• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TJ Dillashaw training with current K1 Champ

1zgvnk6.gif
master thong need a show, this gif is hilarious

TJ is such a beast! Sparring with K1 champs and NoMasChenko!

I would pay to watch Saenchai embarrass this kid in sparring. lmao

its close to mma probably better to simulate with smaller gloves
He doesn't have a fight coming up. There is no reason to wear anything less than 16oz gloves if you are a pro fighter unless you are in fight camp.

Don't they have head movement in K1?

They should hire Edmond

If you know kickboxing it’s I’ll advised to be moving your head anyway besides backwards to dodge s head kick,do flashyhead movement right into a knee or a kick

Lol I love how Dillasnake always seems to go full TryHard during sparring sessions with striking Elites like Takeru or Lomachenko.

They seem to be going like 20% max, while Silly Dilly seems to be going at like 80%plus intensity.

Maybe the Dilly being a gym D Bag rumors Team Alpha Manlet put out were true.

<{titihmm}>

He’s going 75% max!!!Don’t exaggerate!!

He has really good movement. Fuuck the haters on here! Hating on Tj. I’m sure yo guys are ufc champs!!

TJ never slept Cody lol reaching TJ was saved by the bell and it was an early stoppage. And how is Cody a douche? Did he leave the gym that made him a champion while holding the belt?

<{Heymansnicker}>

You wanted the ref to let the fight go on longer? Doesn't Cody have enough brain damage already?

Tj looking sharp, got some good shots in there.really awkward and unorthodox.

That other dudes technique is on point, punching to kicking is so fluid

Takeru ( K1 55Kg Champ & upcoming 60 Kg title fight ) currently visiting the US and getting some training in with TJ. Not sure if TJ brought him in, or if Takeru is just travelling.

GL2UaoN.gif

OMEmURf.gif

4sfyrwQ.gif

TJ smashed him.
Damn... MMA got some serious talent.

Sherdogs saltiness with Dillashaw is always fun to experience.

Good to see TJ isn't sleeping on his striking even though he's had a lot of success with it. As far as the gloves go that could be a preference in terms of defense. I could be wrong (I don't follow k1 much if at all) but wasn't a large part of Overeem's success because the gloves were bigger and he could block shots better?

If they are just sparring and not trying to knock each other out it could be just a personal preference of Takeru it would also make even more sense if Dillashaw was going much harder. Takeru could keep his defense tighter.

Honestly I think TJ needs to work more on his defense than his offense. He doesn't need to worry about getting knocked out by Cruz but if he rematches Cody that round 1 shot he ate could easily spell a dropping of the title to him if it happens again. I don't think his defense is crap, I just noticed a difference in the amount of head movement, timing and distance in this championship fight and some of his other ones (I can't recall the exact fights but his defense seemed better in previous bouts) of course Cody could just be that good, but some of the times he got caught just had me scratching my head and seemed easily avoidable (with his tools) Probably part of trying to prove himself but if he wants another win over Cody I'd let that type of shit slide, plus if he makes Cody over commit he could catch him like he did last fight.

I thought he was playing it a bit risky too, but they have trained together so he probably thought he knew what he was doing.

dude trying to go harder than the sparring partner everytime

i like TJ but takeru would nail his ass if he wanted to go for an sparring war

dude taking it easy is already able to shut a bit down TJ who is making it way more serious that it should be

Sparring rythm haves to be a consensus between two fighter otherwise there is no exchange of experiences and effective training
I agree. TJ seems to have one speed and it brought him a title, but man, hes asking for some serious brain damage if he brings it like that all the time. Hes lucky hes not in some top boxing gyms, cause hed be getting knocked out on the regular sparring like that all the time.

If you know kickboxing it’s I’ll advised to be moving your head anyway besides backwards to dodge s head kick,do flashyhead movement right into a knee or a kick

Sounds smart

This is dumb on so many Levels :rolleyes: No top fighter would let himself get attacked full power while only going 20% if thats not what they AGREED upon.
Loma or Takeru would blast him out in seconds if they want to but like we see they are absolutely comfortable. Why? Because they are brought in to sharpen up TJ
and getting paid for that. They go as hard as necessary to help TJ. Thats not much as we see and it is why they are considered world class.

TJ does everything right and can just get better with sparring partners like this.
No. TJ went to spar Loma, not the other way around. Once TJ nailed Loma, he woke up and punished the snake. Takeru went to Duane’s seminar, wasn’t brought in ‘to sharpen TJ’ lol...
One thing I will admit is TJ did take it easy and slow here, which is good.
However, gym bullies are the scum of the earth and TJ definitely is one. Fuck him,

Oh, so that’s why Cedric Doumbe is getting KOd left and right with head kicks, right? Lol
It’s a myth. Static fighters like Holzken and Valtellini are being phased out. The future is with guys like TJ, Doumbe, McGregor, etc.
It’s about precision, footwork and mobility, not stand ‘n bang apeshit.

Back