TJ Dillashaw reveals algorithm for weight cut

I assumed it meant he was getting down to 136ish by dieting throughout his camp and then he'd cut the rest down to 125.
yeah but from a statistics point of view, he hasn't set the chart boundaries at the upper/lower limit. he has used a basic bitch Excel chart which only graphs the data he has. if he wants to show an accurate set of data and track against the goal he should right click -> settings -> set lower Y axis value at 125.
then with his table, he's sliced the row definitions off so you can't even see what he is measuring.

this is bad practice in statistics, not best practice. it makes me question the greater wisdom they claim to have.

The math adds up to kidney failure. Guess that's one way to be champ champ.

This Sam dude.........., he trying to kill TJ to prove a point or sumn?

I mean dude can prob make the weight, but can he compete at his highest level the next day w/o the good ol’ IV bags? I dont see how.

if that shite is what tj is basing his weight cut off he is doomed

chicken-paper.png

not enough chicken if you ask me

It may just affect his performance tho

You realize a gallon of water weighs 8 lbs right? If he's within 12 by Thursday afternoon he'll make it no problem

A lot of people don't understand the difference between losing weight naturally with a caloric deficit/exercise and cutting water weight.

If he got down to 136 ish a week before the fight, then he should have no problem with his cut.
If it was that easy everyone would make it. If there's nothing to cut there's nothing to cut.

He cuts to make 135, if he somehow makes 125 he's gonna be completely drained

Doesn't the graph just take his weight down to 138?
I'm not sure they're doing it right if they're following that.

If it was that easy everyone would make it.

No because not everybody has the same exact body composition, diet, and training as TJ.

Last edited:
Back