TJ Dillashaw reveals algorithm for weight cut

No because not everybody has the same exact body composition, diet, and training as TJ.
I’d argue most fighters have a similar diet and training schedule. Body composition obviously not.
But my point being if he cuts to 135 then he’s going to struggle badly to get to 125.

I’d argue most fighters have a similar diet and training schedule. Body composition obviously not.
But my point being if he cuts to 135 then he’s going to struggle badly to get to 125.

Are you assuming he's cutting from the same weight that he was when he cut to BW? Because if you listen to his interviews, it's clear that he's not.

3RFR.gif

fzIUhZJ.gif

These people confused by the chart ending at 136....

Face palm supreme.

NERD.

Just Scrap for God's sake.

Are you assuming he's cutting from the same weight that he was when he cut to BW? Because if you listen to his interviews, it's clear that he's not.
Either that or he’s not telling the truth which is likely considering a lot of fighters lie about their weight. If he could be 135 5 days out from weighing in then why wouldn’t he be like that all the time? It would only benefit him

Either that or he’s not telling the truth which is likely considering a lot of fighters lie about their weight. If he could be 135 5 days out from weighing in then why wouldn’t he be like that all the time? It would only benefit him

because his opponents cut weight and he doesn't want to be at a size disadvantage. Literally the same reason why everyone else cuts weight.

There's a chance he might be 125lbs the night before the weigh-in? That sounds like an incredibly unhealthy night for TJ lol

Rofl, yeahhh way to forget the factor of kidney shutdown at the 126-128lb mark. If he does make weight, they won't be focusing on water weight loss, but muscle as well.

Why not just use MyFitnessPal or Lose It?

Back