TJ, Cody and leaving TAM, Justin Buchholz TSN interview.

Justin basically admits that they were spreading propaganda about TJ and trying to tarnish his reputation in this interview.

Justin basically admits that they were spreading propaganda about TJ and trying to tarnish his reputation in this interview.
Basically yes. But it is nothing we did not know from Faber's contradictory podcasts and interviews.

I found it comical that Cody was splitting time with jackson/Wink and that's fine, but training with Duane isn't. Shows the maturity level(Lack of) of Faber and unwillingness to be reasonable by trying to hold TJ to certain standards, but not saying shit about the other guys from TAM training in Colorado, or Cody staying at Jackson/Wink for half his training.

Also found it comical that Cody would get crazy and injure sparring partners. His insistence that TJ put out Holdsworth(Despite Holdsworth fighting multiple times after the alleged incident and Buchholz mentioning here that other factors play a part). Faber threw him under the bus like "That's unacceptable" yet praised PVZ for repeatedly kneeing a 14 year old kid while he was down and showing how game she was.

Curious to see how Team Alpha Fail responds to Buchholz revealing the truth. Probably throw him under the bus like they do with others who leave.

TAM was looking solid while Duane was coaching. I’m surprised more notable fighters haven’t left. Faber sounds like cancer. That loyalty bullshit is fucking up their careers.

Ironically, apparently Cody was also splitting half his time with Jackson/Wink the same way TJ was splitting time in Colorado before Faber gave TJ the ultimatum
TJ was a Snake in the Grass. Cody was a field mouse.

I said it before I’ll say it again

TJ did nothing wrong...
I agree. TJ gets shit on a lot on here but the TUF season made me a fan. I thought he handled himself well amongst a pack of blatant douchebags. TAM is more of a frat house than a gym, it seems.

tj is a product of tam and Ludwig is taking credit. Bang Muay Thai is fake

That whole team is a complete mess. Faber seems to have so many coaches coming and going on that team. Ludwig came in And was their coach for a little while and that’s when he bonded with TJ. Then he leaves with TJ, the whole team freaks out at TJ like how dare you leave? Then Justin Uriah and the others go on the ultimate fighter trashing TJ as disloyal. Then just a few months after that Justin is gone. What a mess.

Back in 16 when Brandon Gibson was up there a lot, during the time that Bang was transitioning fully out - he openly talked about how they had no structure there
Kampmann brought structure, but he left
Ludwig brought structure but he was pushed out
Gibson was working with some of their athletes and commented about the lack of structure
I think Bucholz actually developed a decent framework, but he was pushed out too

Because of how they let people come into the gym, a couple low level MMA repoters (type of people who run betting sites and blogs etc) have trained there and commented about how pro-practice is basically a free for all
I'm a little worried for my boy Sage. Hopefully his dad sees through Faber's gym bro disguise and get Sage to a different gym asap.

dont understand why mma gyms are treated like sport teams.

Seems like everybody enjoyed Duane's presence from the sound of it. Sad that what it comes down to was money issues between him and Faber. Also sad that Faber can't just admit that and that he ruined his entire team over some personal bullshit.

I've never given two shits about TJ but I've followed him since TUF since that was a season I watched pretty much all of. Bottom line is you do whatever you think you have to do, to maximize your potential as best you can. You train with a team, but it's an individual sport.

Do you think Tiger Woods or Roger Federer since they went pro would ever allow their feelings or relationships to dictate who their coaches are?

That whole team is a complete mess. Faber seems to have so many coaches coming and going on that team. Ludwig came in And was their coach for a little while and that’s when he bonded with TJ. Then he leaves with TJ, the whole team freaks out at TJ like how dare you leave? Then Justin Uriah and the others go on the ultimate fighter trashing TJ as disloyal. Then just a few months after that Justin is gone. What a mess.
Actually, they didn't.
Half the team went and split time in Colorado.

Faber turned them later with his insideous narratives

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/the-tsn-mma-show-episode-50-1.1154697
Discusses MM vs Cejudo, TJ vs Cody, and why he left TAM as well as some juicy stuff about TAM.
I have not listened to the whole thing twice yet, but some cliffs from first listen. most good stuff comes around 1:10 on. I kinda skimmed a bit and will listen to it again in full.

Claims he was just overdoing it because he was on a reality show in terms of the drama against Duane.

Says the belt "Walked out to colorado" because of a political situation instead of placing blame on TJ. Apparently it was a dark time for TAM because half the team was out training with Duane in Colorado, not just TJ.

Claims he himself pushed a TAM vs everybody role and that the gym needed an enemy to focus. But also claims yes he did tell TJ it would be best if he went to Colorado while the team did not even have a coach, etc during the dark years(Explaining the entire TJ yelling "what do you mean? You TOLD me to go" during TUF)

Ironically, apparently Cody was also splitting half his time with Jackson/Wink the same way TJ was splitting time in Colorado before Faber gave TJ the ultimatum and that is why Brandon Gibson was in Cody's corner for several 2016 fights.

Apparently in 2016 Cody was going at his training partners in TAM so hard he broke some of them, including smashing a teammates orbital bone broke to bits and they had to tell him to dial it back.

Some funny stories about Master Thong.

Cody did not look like the killer athlete he helped train this last fight and he blames the fact that instead of a head coach, they now have 7 coaches deciding things by committee with Faber injecting himself into coaching since he retired.

Downplays the entire thing about "TJ injuring holdsworth", claiming until Duane came and cleaned up the gym a bit it was pretty savage and they were wailing on each other a lot. Claims Chris should not be at the lower weight classes because cutting so much water heavily contributed to his problems now while getting smashed by everyone during those savage times at the gym.
None of this is new to anybody who is familiar with TAM/UF, or lives in the Sac area and Bay Area.

wow, dillashaw was right the entire time and faber was the problem

TAM was looking solid while Duane was coaching. I’m surprised more notable fighters haven’t left. Faber sounds like cancer. That loyalty bullshit is fucking up their careers.
Other fighters did leave to Colorado.. all but two, came back though, and one of those two, still gets along with the Team and Coaches.

99% of sherdog owe duane and TJ an apology. They were right all along.

Yeah seems like the main problem was between duane and faber. That being said; hearing about how weird duane is about money made me hate him. At least from what Faber said on that interview with helwani when he let out all the dirty laundry.

Basically yes. But it is nothing we did not know from Faber's contradictory podcasts and interviews.

I found it comical that Cody was splitting time with jackson/Wink and that's fine, but training with Duane isn't. Shows the maturity level(Lack of) of Faber and unwillingness to be reasonable by trying to hold TJ to certain standards, but not saying shit about the other guys from TAM training in Colorado, or Cody staying at Jackson/Wink for half his training.

Also found it comical that Cody would get crazy and injure sparring partners. His insistence that TJ put out Holdsworth(Despite Holdsworth fighting multiple times after the alleged incident and Buchholz mentioning here that other factors play a part). Faber threw him under the bus like "That's unacceptable" yet praised PVZ for repeatedly kneeing a 14 year old kid while he was down and showing how game she was.

Curious to see how Team Alpha Fail responds to Buchholz revealing the truth. Probably throw him under the bus like they do with others who leave.
I hope they fucking they fail as a team. faber is a mess and these guys should go to better gyms, especially cody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back