TJ, Cody and leaving TAM, Justin Buchholz TSN interview.

Halifax

Part Timer Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/the-tsn-mma-show-episode-50-1.1154697
Discusses MM vs Cejudo, TJ vs Cody, and why he left TAM as well as some juicy stuff about TAM.
I have not listened to the whole thing twice yet, but some cliffs from first listen. most good stuff comes around 1:10 on. I kinda skimmed a bit and will listen to it again in full.

Claims he was just overdoing it because he was on a reality show in terms of the drama against Duane.

Says the belt "Walked out to colorado" because of a political situation instead of placing blame on TJ. Apparently it was a dark time for TAM because half the team was out training with Duane in Colorado, not just TJ.

Claims he himself pushed a TAM vs everybody role and that the gym needed an enemy to focus. But also claims yes he did tell TJ it would be best if he went to Colorado while the team did not even have a coach, etc during the dark years(Explaining the entire TJ yelling "what do you mean? You TOLD me to go" during TUF)

Ironically, apparently Cody was also splitting half his time with Jackson/Wink the same way TJ was splitting time in Colorado before Faber gave TJ the ultimatum and that is why Brandon Gibson was in Cody's corner for several 2016 fights.

Apparently in 2016 Cody was going at his training partners in TAM so hard he broke some of them, including smashing a teammates orbital bone broke to bits and they had to tell him to dial it back.

Some funny stories about Master Thong.

Cody did not look like the killer athlete he helped train this last fight and he blames the fact that instead of a head coach, they now have 7 coaches deciding things by committee with Faber injecting himself into coaching since he retired.

Downplays the entire thing about "TJ injuring holdsworth", claiming until Duane came and cleaned up the gym a bit it was pretty savage and they were wailing on each other a lot. Claims Chris should not be at the lower weight classes because cutting so much water heavily contributed to his problems now while getting smashed by everyone during those savage times at the gym.

Like someone mentioned. Alpha Male needs a head coach... Hard when you have seven different coaches all putting in opinions.

Like someone mentioned. Alpha Male needs a head coach... Hard when you have seven different coaches all putting in opinions.
yeah it sounds like a clusterfuck and sounded like a clusterfuck before Duane got the gym in order

TAM needs to get it together man. They desperately need ONE HEAD COACH or else everybody is leaving and they should. Gotta do what’s best for your career. If TAM doesn’t get it together they’re gonna be done sooner rather than later.

I really hope they get it together for the sake of these fighters that have stuck around with them.

Just another saga with the boyz!!!

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/the-tsn-mma-show-episode-50-1.1154697
Discusses MM vs Cejudo, TJ vs Cody, and why he left TAM as well as some juicy stuff about TAM.
I have not listened to the whole thing twice yet, but some cliffs from first listen. most good stuff comes around 1:10 on. I kinda skimmed a bit and will listen to it again in full.

Claims he was just overdoing it because he was on a reality show in terms of the drama against Duane.

Says the belt "Walked out to colorado" because of a political situation instead of placing blame on TJ. Apparently it was a dark time for TAM because half the team was out training with Duane in Colorado, not just TJ.

Claims he himself pushed a TAM vs everybody role and that the gym needed an enemy to focus. But also claims yes he did tell TJ it would be best if he went to Colorado while the team did not even have a coach, etc during the dark years(Explaining the entire TJ yelling "what do you mean? You TOLD me to go" during TUF)

Ironically, apparently Cody was also splitting half his time with Jackson/Wink the same way TJ was splitting time in Colorado before Faber gave TJ the ultimatum and that is why Brandon Gibson was in Cody's corner for several 2016 fights.

Apparently in 2016 Cody was going at his training partners in TAM so hard he broke some of them, including smashing a teammates orbital bone broke to bits and they had to tell him to dial it back.

Some funny stories about Master Thong.

Cody did not look like the killer athlete he helped train this last fight and he blames the fact that instead of a head coach, they now have 7 coaches deciding things by committee with Faber injecting himself into coaching since he retired.

Downplays the entire thing about "TJ injuring holdsworth", claiming until Duane came and cleaned up the gym a bit it was pretty savage and they were wailing on each other a lot. Claims Chris should not be at the lower weight classes because cutting so much water heavily contributed to his problems now while getting smashed by everyone during those savage times at the gym.
Proves my point that I made about tam oversparring, subpar coaching, and tam being emotional lesbians

Bang might be a looney but the cold truth is that under his leadership, TAM went on an absolute tear. All of them improved on the feet especially TJ and Chad. I'm sure the blame can be passed around when it comes to his beef w Faber but I do also get the feeling that Faber is a control freak. He better change his ways before he ends up losing more fighters. If Cody isn't already thinking about moving around to train, he's a dummy! Faber needs to grow up, cut out that dictatorship mentality and give his guys the freedom to mix it up w other camps. EVERYBODY does it. He also needs to take a back seat, bring in a real head coach and let him really run shit. Castillo & Holdsworth just ain't cutting it...especially at the pro level.

Faber is a manlet with a Napoleon complex and he cannot stand anyone who threatens his leadership. Anyone who is an independent thinker and doesn't fall in line for him is eventually outed, I see TAM turning into a casual fitness/MMA gym eventually. Based on all the recent interviews I've heard they have no structure there, it's just a bunch of gym bros helping each other out.

So basically Buchholz is admitting all the drama was from Faber acting like a jilted girlfriend and the rest of TAM were the mean girls backing her up. lol

TJ did nothing wrong or unusual, not even in the TAM camp and they admit it when they get pressed for facts.

I said it before I’ll say it again

TJ did nothing wrong...

TJ wanted to split time in Colorado and Cali (his native home), and still considered himself part of Team Alpha Male even though he was getting paid to train at Elevation. That's why he left the TAM gym in tears when they turned their backs on him and turned him out.

I mean what else can you expect from a team calling themselves "Alpha Male".

Projecting like shit.

Who's the snake now? TAM basically put the onus of making TJ pay on Cody when in reality he had nothing to pay for. Everyone involved aside from Duane and TJ ended up looking like shit.

Faber is a manlet with a Napoleon complex and he cannot stand anyone who threatens his leadership. Anyone who is an independent thinker and doesn't fall in line for him is eventually outed, I see TAM turning into a casual fitness/MMA gym eventually. Based on all the recent interviews I've heard they have no structure there, it's just a bunch of gym bros helping each other out.
Back in 16 when Brandon Gibson was up there a lot, during the time that Bang was transitioning fully out - he openly talked about how they had no structure there
Kampmann brought structure, but he left
Ludwig brought structure but he was pushed out
Gibson was working with some of their athletes and commented about the lack of structure
I think Bucholz actually developed a decent framework, but he was pushed out too

Because of how they let people come into the gym, a couple low level MMA repoters (type of people who run betting sites and blogs etc) have trained there and commented about how pro-practice is basically a free for all

Hangin with the boizzzz...

Oh wait, never mind...

I said it before I’ll say it again

TJ did nothing wrong...
Same. been saying it for like 3 years but the TAM nuthuggers always got their panties in a bunch despite the evidence all being out there with Faber's double talk and backpedalling in Podcasts.

This just further cements it

Hilarious. TAM is basically just a fight club with hasbeens at the helm.

I really like alot of TAM guys and want them to succeed but that gym really needs a total overhaul in terms of structure/leadership.

Also get Castillo the fuck out of there, dude is retarded and had a shit UFC career

Cody is old news, TAM already has a new golden boy

yEmbp00.jpg

Back