Tito's stolen stuff on Craigslist

How can you make such an ignorant comment like that? How do you know Tito didn't have these items in his garage last week and this guy stole them and thought he could sell them on Craigslist and Tito wouldn't find out? You know nothing about the situation, you are taking the word of a random person on Craigslist over Tito Ortiz, who at least WAS the rightful owner of these products at some time.

The dude is trying to sell Tito's MAIL. You can't sell someones mail, regardless of whether you got it in a storage locker or not.

Seems like a good point.

How can you make such an ignorant comment like that? How do you know Tito didn't have these items in his garage last week and this guy stole them and thought he could sell them on Craigslist and Tito wouldn't find out? You know nothing about the situation, you are taking the word of a random person on Craigslist over Tito Ortiz, who at least WAS the rightful owner of these products at some time.

The dude is trying to sell Tito's MAIL. You can't sell someones mail, regardless of whether you got it in a storage locker or not.

Why the fuck can't I sell someone's mail if I've legally acquired possesion of it? If you give me a piece of your mail and say "here you go, it's all yours", what is to stop me from selling it?

If you were going to rob Tito Ortiz's house, you would not grab shit like this. Banners, prints, mail, VHS tapes, poster tubes, gloves, etc. It's just not worth it. You grab valuables like jewelry, watches, etc. Hell, if we are talking strictly garage, you'd have an easier time flipping tools than the junk in this CL ad.

This crap sounds like storage locker material. It's far more likely that Ortiz didn't pay his bills than being robbed. My guess is Ortiz is a bit bitter and is trying to ruin the guy's sale since he knows he has no legal recourse.

There seems to be 2 ideas.

The guy stole it from Tito, rented out a storage unit, didn't pay, and bid and won the auction on his own storage unit.

OR

Tito didn't pay the bills, the storage management auctioned off his unit, this guy won and is now selling.

I don't know, if I would have to guess, the second option seems more reasonable.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

Cliffs: Storage locker fees arent paid, eventually the locker is seized by the locker renters and auctioned off. The contents legally become the winner of the auction

Hmmm... surely if the goods are proven to be stolen that would make a difference, otherwise it'd be a good way to "fence" stuff you stole yourself. Put it in a storage locker with a fake ID, wait for the auction then buy it legally.

edit: ClayGuidasWig beat me to it

If you were going to rob Tito Ortiz's house, you would not grab shit like this. Banners, prints, mail, VHS tapes, poster tubes, gloves, etc. It's just not worth it. You grab valuables like jewelry, watches, etc. Hell, if we are talking strictly garage, you'd have an easier time flipping tools than the junk in this CL ad.

This crap sounds like storage locker material. It's far more likely that Ortiz didn't pay his bills than being robbed. My guess is Ortiz is a bit bitter and is trying to ruin the guy's sale since he knows he has no legal recourse.

I agree this would be dumb shit to steal. I'm sure Tito has some expensive shit, why would you bother stealing a fucking VHS tape? Then again people are dumb as fuck too so who knows.

Opening mail not belonging to you, illegal. Selling someones mail? Assuming you acquired it legally you are allowed to I believe. Hence the selling of many pieces of mail at auctions etc.

Tito is a bit dense if he thinks buying storage lockers and reselling the content is illegal.

Doesn't he watch storage wars? yiiiiiiiiiiip!

Ummmm............ buying stolen goods is illegal. As is re-selling them. The fact that they were in a storage locker when you bought them is irrelevant.

A person might avoid legal entanglement for buying stolen goods if it can not be proven they knew the goods were stolen when they bought them. However, they would still likely lose the goods, and would unfortunately be out the money they paid for them.

Selling stolen goods though is another matter. Now that Tito has come forward and said the goods were stolen, it will be difficult for this guy to sell them without consequence, or at least a great deal of hassle. Tito has publicly stated the goods were stolen and the guy has even responded to him, which proves that he is aware Tito is making this claim.

If a guy robbed a jewelry store, put the shit in a storage locker with a bunch of other junk, and sold you all the contents for $250.00- Do you really think those jewels are yours, and you are free to sell them on Craigslist? :rolleyes:

At this point, if the stuff is really that important to Tito, he should be offering some proof (like a police report or insurance claim) that shows the items were actually stolen, as opposed to things he just threw away, or perhaps already sold to someone else. If anything like that exists, Tito will be getting his shit back, or the dude will end up with some legal entanglements if Tito has enough spare time to bother.

Maybe they did take other shit like that as well?

YUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

Cliffs: Storage locker fees arent paid, eventually the locker is seized by the locker renters and auctioned off. The contents legally become the winner of the auction
But according to Tito the stuff was stolen from his home, not some storage locker.

But according to Tito the stuff was stolen from his home, not some storage locker.

According to Tito his skull was fractured. According to Tito Babalu is one of the greatest LHW of the night. Go ahead by the screen and tell you how was I feeling. According to Tito he is going to box Dana White. According to Tito, Jenna's mouth doesn't taste like the ghost of a million ****s.

Last edited:

This is the type of stuff kept in the garage. Garages are easier targets for theft than houses because you are less likely to encounter an alarm or people. You don't keep jewelry and watches in the garage. The crap you keep in the garage is the crap you stick in a storage locker if you don't have a garage. How can you say this looks more like something in a storage locker than a garage?

Ummmm............ buying stolen goods is illegal. As is re-selling them. The fact that they were in a storage locker when you bought them is irrelevant.

A person might avoid legal entanglement for buying stolen goods if it can not be proven they knew the goods were stolen when they bought them. However, they would still likely lose the goods, and would unfortunately be out the money they paid for them.

Selling stolen goods though is another matter. Now that Tito has come forward and said the goods were stolen, it will be difficult for this guy to sell them without consequence, or at least a great deal of hassle. Tito has publicly stated the goods were stolen and the guy has even responded to him, which proves that he is aware Tito is making this claim.

If a guy robbed a jewelry store, put the shit in a storage locker with a bunch of other junk, and sold you all the contents for $250.00- Do you really think those jewels are yours, and you are free to sell them on Craigslist? :rolleyes:

At this point, if the stuff is really that important to Tito, he should be offering some proof (like a police report or insurance claim) that shows the items were actually stolen, as opposed to things he just threw away, or perhaps already sold to someone else. If anything like that exists, Tito will be getting his shit back, or the dude will end up with some legal entanglements if Tito has enough spare time to bother.

I would think Tito would at least need to provide a police report establishing he was in fact stolen from in the past and that he didnt sell them to someone else and/or leave them in the locker himself

Maybe they did take other shit like that as well?

Then we'd see a bit more from Tito instead of an accusation on twitter? If this happened to me, I wouldn't have even made contact with the guy. I'd be at the police station talking to the detective handling my case and be like "look, here is actual evidence that this guy has my shit. What are we going to do?"

Instead we just have a twitter statement and nothing else. Considering what a media whore Tito has been these last 5 years, his house getting robbed would have hit TMZ or whatever with him crying over the loss.

I would think Tito would at least need to provide a police report establishing he was in fact stolen from in the past and that he didnt sell them to someone else and/or leave them in the locker himself

Agreed. Simply saying the goods were stolen will probably not be enough to get them back. If Tito really wants his shit back, he will probably need to show some kind of proof the goods were stolen.

Then we'd see a bit more from Tito instead of an accusation on twitter? If this happened to me, I wouldn't have even made contact with the guy. I'd be at the police station talking to the detective handling my case and be like "look, here is actual evidence that this guy has my shit. What are we going to do?"

Instead we just have a twitter statement and nothing else. Considering what a media whore Tito has been these last 5 years, his house getting robbed would have hit TMZ or whatever with him crying over the loss.

We don't really know what Tito has done about this do we? Bottom line, if Tito filed a police report at the time this shit was stolen, he will most likely be getting it back. If he didn't, he's probably SOL.

I agree with this guy. What burgular would bother hauling a bunch of vhs tapes and posters?

This is the type of stuff kept in the garage. Garages are easier targets for theft than houses because you are less likely to encounter an alarm or people. You don't keep jewelry and watches in the garage. The crap you keep in the garage is the crap you stick in a storage locker if you don't have a garage. How can you say this looks more like something in a storage locker than a garage?

Yes, someone went into a garage and stole boxes of shit like letters, photo prints, poster tubes, and VHS tapes, etc. :rolleyes: Not thinking anything about what a pain in the fucking ass it would be to sell this shit. A lot of this stuff has little to no value, but someone with a brain is going to risk their ass stealing this shit. Hardly.

You are talking personal belongings of a mild celebrity. Besides the contract, poster, gloves, and any other actual MMA memorabilia (those prints are most likely worth nothing), there is little value unless there is something fucked up in those letters like information proving Jenna is a post op tranny or something.

Back