Tito Ortiz Buries The Hatchet with Chuck Liddell

Did you enjoy their rivalry?

• Total voters
He’s burying that hatchet trying to cut down the tree, but those chops are sounding like a squeaky hinge, needing to get some oil... we’ll see when 30-for-30 always airs

In the beginning it was awesome, in the end it was played out.

I hope chuck retires (for good) and lives and healthy and prosperous life.

“A lot of it got cut out of the ’30 for 30.’ They had 19 edits. Dana gave Chuck a call saying, ‘What the hell did you do? Why this?’ and they actually had the right to go in and kind of alter what the story truly was, but it made me happy because there were so many people behind the camera who told the truth, and it’s everything I’ve always been saying.

“A lot of fans don’t know that, but it made me happy because the truth was told and the truth was said, and I got first-hand of it from people who were on the film, itself.”

What's he talking about here?

Does anyone speak Tito?

I enjoyed seeing Tito get his ass kicked. I also enjoyed him attempting to talk trash to Chuck and then turning into a stuttering buffoon when Chuck got in the cage after a few of his fights.

Tito was always scared of Chuck. He used them being "friends" as an excuse to not fight him. They both knew what would happen.

I guess it depends on what side of that argument you're on, but I tend to side with Chuck. According to him, they weren't friends. They trained together because they had the same manager, but they were acquaintances at best. They never did anything together besides train.

I have guys I work with that I'm friendly with, but we've never hung out outside of work, and if they came at me the wrong way they might catch a bitch slap. I can relate.

The beef is only over because Tito probably stopped talking shit, and now Chuck knows he's too old to do anything about it.
Titi was so afraid of Liddell back in the day it was pathetic.

Guess it was safer for his melon to fight Patrick Cote & Elvis Sinosic.

Hope Dos Caros-Del Rio KO’s ol Titi somehow.

The question now is: can he bury the hatchet with Dana White? Not bloody likely!

What's he talking about here?

Does anyone speak Tito?

This. Everyone just addressing the rivalry. Feels like this is the topic though.

Is he referring to his holding out for more money to fight Chuck versus being scared to fight him?

The question now is: can he bury the hatchet with Dana White? Not bloody likely!
Dana said spoke of Tito last week.

"Said the most dangerous people are the people who truly believe they are smart but aren't.
And Tito Ortiz is a guy like that."

Chuck Liddell still reminds me of Legion of Doom lol

8cb9a77dd5453558b032e15edaf54d11.jpg

He's like Hawk with the Animal haircut! Ahhhhh what a rush!

The rivalry got my attention and ever since then I was a huge ufc fan, and then mma as a whole.

But the giant domed illiterate goof would never have buried the hatchet if he didnt get the chance to fight the vegetable version of chuck.

Yeah it was embarrassing to see his post fight celebration after he beat vegetable chuck, like it actually meant something he beat him in that stage of his life/career.

Tito buried chuck, won the rivalry, and buried the hatched

True GOAT

Yeah it was embarrassing to see his post fight celebration after he beat vegetable chuck, like it actually meant something he beat him in that stage of his life/career.

You mean the chuck that was in the best shape of his life?

You mean the chuck that was in the best shape of his life?

According to Chuck himself?
Dude had like what, 10 devastating KO losses in a row leading up to that fight? Are you actually trying to say that Tito winning that fight was impressive?

I enjoyed their rivalry in the UFC, but I could have done without the final Golden Boy fight.

Tito was a legit fighter. Even past prime he had a great record.

You see these cans, even ex champs like Hendricks, who completely fell off the cliff towards the end, but Tito had a great end of career run.

Shows how good he really was.

Not sure why people hate the guy.

His robbery against Griffin was hilarious... Forrest ran out of the ring crying and Dana had him brought back and he got a bullshit Judge's decision in a fight Tito clearly won.

Where can i watch 30 for 30?
But the giant domed illiterate goof would never have buried the hatchet if he didnt get the chance to fight the vegetable version of chuck.

I agree, I don’t think he would’ve done it otherwise. Tito being so pleased with himself and doing the gravedigger bit after that “fight” was a head scratcher.

Back