Tito Ortiz Buries The Hatchet with Chuck Liddell

Did you enjoy their rivalry?

• Total voters
Oh fuck, this made me snicker at my desk at "You're fighting in the Fall?"
"Yes - in April. So I'll start training in July."
It goes right into six days a week from there too lol.

the juice box “acronym” part legit almost made me shit my pants a week or so back.

I'm just gonna leave this here

nightmarefuel.jpg

What’s the big truth that the ufc has edited out???

I enjoyed seeing Tito get his ass kicked. I also enjoyed him attempting to talk trash to Chuck and then turning into a stuttering buffoon when Chuck got in the cage after a few of his fights.

Tito was always scared of Chuck. He used them being "friends" as an excuse to not fight him. They both knew what would happen.

I guess it depends on what side of that argument you're on, but I tend to side with Chuck. According to him, they weren't friends. They trained together because they had the same manager, but they were acquaintances at best. They never did anything together besides train.

I have guys I work with that I'm friendly with, but we've never hung out outside of work, and if they came at me the wrong way they might catch a bitch slap. I can relate.

The beef is only over because Tito probably stopped talking shit, and now Chuck knows he's too old to do anything about it.

I believe Chuck and Tito were friends on some level, just not to the point Tito made it seem like. Whatever friendship they had was basically gone once Tito refused to fight him

Titi was so afraid of Liddell back in the day it was pathetic.

Guess it was safer for his melon to fight Patrick Cote & Elvis Sinosic.

Hope Dos Caros-Del Rio KO’s ol Titi somehow.
thats what I thought too, was it really a rivalry? or just Tito ducking Chuck till he had no choice to fight?

The rivalry got my attention and ever since then I was a huge ufc fan, and then mma as a whole.

But the giant domed illiterate goof would never have buried the hatchet if he didnt get the chance to fight the vegetable version of chuck.

This is a fact. And I'm sure if Chuck doesn't stay retired, then very suddenly Tito's honor will have been insulted.

Young Chuck was a killer. Only Rampage, Randy, and somehow Jeremy Horn beat him

It would never reach the peak of Rampage-Liddell yet it was a significant rivalry.

Of course he'd bury that hatchet now that he finally got a win over him

anybody who was around for the first two fights can not honestly answer that they weren't interested. An all time MMA rivalry.

Never really cared for Tito because his shit talk was God-level cringe.

I did love the Bader fight though.

thats what I thought too, was it really a rivalry? or just Tito ducking Chuck till he had no choice to fight?

Tito had a problem with fighting his toughest opponent for nickels and dimes. Gee what a loser. I suppose he could have simply accepted Dana White being worth $4 billion and paying guys 25 grand.

Back