"title fights always headline"

Not positive but I think the first Flyweight title fight was the co main event and the main event was a regular 3 round fight. I could be wrong but that's how I remembered it.

youre def. wrong about that one

just another lie by dana

sylvia v. arlovski AND tanner v. terrel

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-51-Super-Saturday-2690

that is just one example, the title fight was not even the 2nd to last fight on the card.

there are more don't feel like looking em up, but it is insulting for hendo v. machida to not headline a card-- a division that has 2 fighters does NOT deserve to headline a PPV

because the UFC 100 events ago is the same UFC as today right? GTFO...title fights headline cards end of story...thats who it should always be and how it should have always been...dont like it...tough shit...youre gonna have to deal with it

I have no clue why they didn't have the women's belt on FX or some shit and let Hendo-Machida be a PPV event.

People are pissed because it's a waste to not have two of the sports premier fighters not engaged in a five round event. It's a bigger disgrace to have them behind the women because Dana has a hard on for Ronda.

i love Hendos chances in a 3 round fight 100% better then in a 5 rounder...cant believe people are complaining about this...instead of Hendo v. Machida, you get Hendo v. Machida AND Rousey...youre getting more then what you originally thought you were getting and yet still bitch? its retarded

whats the big deal on giving some extra support to WMMA?? this first women fight most have the propper advertising so i think is being done the right way, so stop the hate!

co-main events are main events too

also LOL@anybody who claims there are a bunch, but can't list any other examples.

As much as I want to call you whiny crybabies, I care because it's costing me a possible fourth or fifth round in the Machida-Hendo fight.

:mad:

...this was seven years ago. MMA has changed since then.

As much as I want to call you whiny crybabies, I care because it's costing me a possible fourth or fifth round in the Machida-Hendo fight.

:mad:

No fight at LHW or HW that isn't for the title should go 5 rounds. It simply isn't needed and wastes time during an event that could be spent watching an exciting 5 round lightweight or Middleweight fight.

I love when people hate Dana so much that they dig through the archives just to prove him wrong.

"Title fights always headline"

"Oh ya, how about that one time in 2004, asshole? BURN!!!"

hahah

Who gives a shit. Both fights will be fun. Maybe they didn't have enough time to make two 5 round fights? We aren't part of the production, so why don't we just enjoy the show.

what's fun about ronda armbarring some broad no one's ever heard of in half a minute?

Dana has no credibility...people who say "who cares" are butthurt fans who can't deny the reality anymore and are now trying to make it sounds normal. Well, it's not.

How else are the UFC going to promote their new Women's division if its on the undercard or Facebook fights.
Stick it right out in front as a main event, get eyeballs and advertisers looking at it and hey presto you've increased its fanbase by n% and its potential to make M-O-N-E-Y. Make no mistake, the UFC (and Zuffa) are here to make cash, it just so happens its off the back of this sport. If you don't like the card then don't buy it or watch it or buy advertised products from it. Vote with your wallets.

lollllllllllllllllll TS, ''there are more, i just dont feel like looking them up''

in the last 4 years (at least) the ufc has never not put a title fight as a main event. back then the ufc was different, it was smaller and everyone only cared about the big guys. i dont agree with most things dana says but you TS are just being petty. get over it you woman.

Lets put in another way....I'd put a Rousey/Cyborg title fight in the main card over a MightyMouse title fight.

Back