"title fights always headline"

justdangerous

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
just another lie by dana

sylvia v. arlovski AND tanner v. terrel

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-51-Super-Saturday-2690

that is just one example, the title fight was not even the 2nd to last fight on the card.

there are more don't feel like looking em up, but it is insulting for hendo v. machida to not headline a card-- a division that has 2 fighters does NOT deserve to headline a PPV

Yup. Just when I thought he couldn't say anything dumber...

Not positive but I think the first Flyweight title fight was the co main event and the main event was a regular 3 round fight. I could be wrong but that's how I remembered it.

just another lie by dana

sylvia v. arlovski AND tanner v. terrel

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-51-Super-Saturday-2690

that is just one example, the title fight was not even the 2nd to last fight on the card.

there are more don't feel like looking em up, but it is insulting for hendo v. machida to not headline a card-- a division that has 2 fighters does NOT deserve to headline a PPV

good, just posted about this notion. Belt doesn't matter, quality of fight/fighters matter

Not positive but I think the first Flyweight title fight was the co main event and the main event was a regular 3 round fight. I could be wrong but that's how I remembered it.

No, that was supposed to be the main event, but it got moved to co-main because of the whole Jones/Henderson fiasco.

Who gives a shit. Both fights will be fun. Maybe they didn't have enough time to make two 5 round fights? We aren't part of the production, so why don't we just enjoy the show.

Belts SHOULD always headline above standard matches. Just common sense.

Who fucking cares about this petty fuckin crap? So Machida/Lyoto don't headline, and Ronda/Carmouche does. It's the fucking Womens debut and Ronda is huge right now. There's a business side to this, just be happy we get to watch some good scraps. Stop whining about petty bullshit.

Who gives a shit. Both fights will be fun. Maybe they didn't have enough time to make two 5 round fights? We aren't part of the production, so why don't we just enjoy the show.

Because there will be nothing for losers to complain about.

Would you rather he said "Title fights always headline starting nearly 8 years ago"?

You know what he meant

its about respect and principal... personally i think this favors hendo- but still, it is hard to take the sport serious with shit like this, chaels title shot, and so on

They're putting the fights on in the wrong order. THis is an outrage and I will now refuse to buy the PPV.

He's ran 100+ events since then with the title fight always headlining, so I wouldn't say it was a big contradiction; maybe a change in business ways since then

I actually thought they go by name recognition first. If ANderson loses his belt I could see him headlining still.

Must have taken a long enough time crawling through wiki to find this out lol.

Back