"title fights always headline"

Let's find some examples within the last 3 years, TS.

This is not an issue.

I can't believe people who hate women's MMA are complaining about this.

All this means is that you can catch the fights you want to see and duck out early from the bar to beat the traffic.

Win/win as far as I'm concerned.

Watch the fights and STFU

UFC 48 and 50 both had main events that weren't title fights that had titles on the card as well.

Stop SKEWING things TS. Why not take it all the way to prehistoric times if you're going to try to disprove Dana's notion that a title fight should be the main event? LOL.

Anyone who has been following the UFC since the beginning knows that the cut-off from the "old" business and "new" business occurred AFTER UFC 51. The UFC was taking heavy losses and were millions of dollars in the hole before then.

They bounced back and had a resurgence after they aggressively hit the mainstream market and even started a reality TV show: The Ultimate Fighter. More sponsors joined and the business expanded internationally at a greater pace. Profits turned, new policies arose and contract terms expanded. Since then, a title fight has always been the main card if a title was up for grabs.

I love when people hate Dana so much that they dig through the archives just to prove him wrong.

"Title fights always headline"

"Oh ya, how about that one time in 2004, asshole? BURN!!!"

Not positive but I think the first Flyweight title fight was the co main event and the main event was a regular 3 round fight. I could be wrong but that's how I remembered it.

No the first Flyweight title fight was UFC 152 Jones vs Belfort.

Stop SKEWING things TS. Why not take it all the way to prehistoric times if you're going to try to disprove Dana's notion that a title fight should be the main event? LOL.

Anyone who has been following the UFC since the beginning knows that the cut-off from the "old" business and "new" business occurred AFTER UFC 51. The UFC was taking heavy losses and were millions of dollars in the hole before then.

They bounced back and had a resurgence after they aggressively hit the mainstream market and even started a reality TV show: The Ultimate Fighter. More sponsors joined and the business expanded internationally at a greater pace. Profits turned, new policies arose and contract terms expanded. Since then, a title fight has always been the main card if a title was up for grabs.

You stop with all of this sense making garbage! TS is trying to enlighten us here.

I have no clue why they didn't have the women's belt on FX or some shit and let Hendo-Machida be a PPV event.

People are pissed because it's a waste to not have two of the sports premier fighters not engaged in a five round event. It's a bigger disgrace to have them behind the women because Dana has a hard on for Ronda.

in all fairness, the only one or two exceptions to this rule were in the old days when certain champions were really unpopular and the ufc was struggling.

They've even put new bw and fw title fights ahead of much bigger stars and I don't remember too many people complaining about that.

Mods: Can we have a separate sub-forum for Ronda Rousey threads?

Who fucking cares about this petty fuckin crap? So Machida/Lyoto don't headline, and Ronda/Carmouche does. It's the fucking Womens debut and Ronda is huge right now. There's a business side to this, just be happy we get to watch some good scraps. Stop whining about petty bullshit.

I'd pay for Machida vs. Lyoto. And you're damn right it would headline over everything.

I have no clue why they didn't have the women's belt on FX or some shit and let Hendo-Machida be a PPV event.

People are pissed because it's a waste to not have two of the sports premier fighters not engaged in a five round event. It's a bigger disgrace to have them behind the women because Dana has a hard on for Ronda.

This 100%. I'm a fan of both Dana and Womens MMA but its a crime Hendo vs Machida is not the main event. Put Rousey FX or Fuel to debut with.

I think the UFC should feature female fights on the FX prelims that lead up to the PPV. Not bashing them but the female fights will potentially take away from other good male fights on the main card. Until the females make a name for themselves i'd like to see them off the main card.

But it's not headlining over Rousey/Carmouche. Are ya still gonna watch?

Read my post (and your post that i quoted) again. Carefully :wink:

Who fucking cares about this petty fuckin crap? So Machida/Lyoto don't headline, and Ronda/Carmouche does. It's the fucking Womens debut and Ronda is huge right now. There's a business side to this, just be happy we get to watch some good scraps. Stop whining about petty bullshit.

Vanilla Ice- Ice Ice Baby