Tired of fighters refusing to fight unless they get paid more

Hmm.
These guys problem is that their next fight might be the fight that ends their career.
Vertigo, chronical headaches, nausea, tinitus, sleepless nights. Every fighter can expect this when they retire, and may not be able to work again, or only have a shitty job.

Also, injuries make many fight only once a year, and that is not very lucurative..

I can understand they want the most of it, and after USADA came, it is much more dangerous and damaging for all of them.

Omg imagine wanting more money for a reasonably dangerous job, considering the company just sold for 4 billion.

The fighters are working for a company that has just SPENT four billion dollars.
There are four billion dollars MISSING at WME-IMG.
This probably is the worst possible time to ask for a raise.
And I don't think the Fertittas are still willing to pay the fighters.

The fighters are working for a company that has just SPENT four billion dollars.
There are four billion dollars MISSING at WME-IMG.
This probably is the worst possible time to ask for a raise.
And I don't think the Fertittas are still willing to pay the fighters.

Actually this is the best time to ask for money, the fighters know as a whole exactly what they are worth now. They know they can get more with the rise of people like Conor getting more. The fighters union on the rise.

I've been noticing a trend with today's fighters. So many guys in great situations try to hold out of fights for more money. We're seeing it now with Tony Ferguson and we've seen it recently with Weidman, Woodley, Alvarez, Diaz etc.

These guys just don't know how good they have it. I would fight any fuckin guy on the planet for the money these guys are making. The transmission just went out in my wife's car and we won't be able to get it fixed in the near future. Give me 8k/8k and I will fight any motherfucker on that roster to get my wife's car fixed. It's just so infuriating to hear people asking for more and refusing to do their job when they are already doing well. All these fake tough guys in the UFC would have a mental breakdown if they were in my shoes. I make 1/10th of what most these guys make and yet I'm not up my manager's ass refusing to do my job unless I get a raise. If Tony Ferguson won't fight Khabib until they pay him more then fuck it, I'll fight Khabib for whatever Tony's making. My daughter needs braces too so you know daddy will go out there to bang and bring home the bacon.

These guys want to earn maximum coin in minimum time due to being a perishable commodity, can't really blame them when you see athletes from other sports started this trend like 20 years ago.

It's a bad time of year to have a transmission go out and need orthodontist work for your girl... good luck with that and I hope it doesn't put a damper on your holidays.

I've been noticing a trend with today's fighters. So many guys in great situations try to hold out of fights for more money. We're seeing it now with Tony Ferguson and we've seen it recently with Weidman, Woodley, Alvarez, Diaz etc.

These guys just don't know how good they have it. I would fight any fuckin guy on the planet for the money these guys are making. The transmission just went out in my wife's car and we won't be able to get it fixed in the near future. Give me 8k/8k and I will fight any motherfucker on that roster to get my wife's car fixed. It's just so infuriating to hear people asking for more and refusing to do their job when they are already doing well. All these fake tough guys in the UFC would have a mental breakdown if they were in my shoes. I make 1/10th of what most these guys make and yet I'm not up my manager's ass refusing to do my job unless I get a raise. If Tony Ferguson won't fight Khabib until they pay him more then fuck it, I'll fight Khabib for whatever Tony's making. My daughter needs braces too so you know daddy will go out there to bang and bring home the bacon.
(I know this is another mctroll thread)

Fighters spend more than 8k/8k to prepare for their fights. You have to pay for coaches, sparring partners, nutrition, medical bills, not to mention rent and all the other usual expenses unless you want to sleep on the street for the 4 or 5 months leading up to the fight. It's not about getting paid a lot, it's about getting paid at all.

Don't want to spent money on your preparation? Then you'll suck at fighting and nobody will hire you (which is why you're on Sherdog). So now you're making 0k/0k. Congratulations.

I understand your grievance and hope things go well with the transmission. What happens with fighters is that if they make 50k (more or less what Tony made) there is an expense in paying their coaches, trips to train, need a reserve case they get injured... some of these guys to compete at highest level dont have a supplemental income source and then count taxes.
Its a messed up situation. Most UFC fighters really dont make that much money, even some of the best.

Typical sherdog problem - posters who are hard core losers and dead beats projecting their problems on fighters who rightfully want to make more money

8k/8k = is like 5k or maybe even less after taxes and expenses. Fighters pay isn't equvilant to non fighters even if they make the same amount of money due to the expenses.
What happens if they're injured?Rehab?Doctors?The bills add up fast.8k is shit money for the risk.

Get back to me when you're one of the, at absolute minimum, top 100 in the world at your job and still making less than I do as an office drone.

"I'd fight anyone for 8 and 8!" Well yeah, of course YOU would, you can't fight and nobody wants to watch you fight.

Actually this is the best time to ask for money, the fighters know as a whole exactly what they are worth now. They know they can get more with the rise of people like Conor getting more. The fighters union on the rise.

Yes, they do know their worth right now. I agree on that.
However the new bosses have just spent four billion dollars. A lot of coins are missing in the cash register right now.
Just imagine your boss invests in some stuff. Is he gonna give you a raise? Probably not right now.

Nonetheless I do hope fighters will get paid better as soon as possible.
Risiking your health for the entertainment of others should always be rewarded generously.

Macalpine threads are always great

OK so u make 8k/8k.

But you ain't going to win so u just made 8k, the medical you had to clear to be cleared to fight cost between 5-10k, but let's take the low end of the figure so you won't be in debt from having to fight.

Leaves you with 3k, but ur crap and no one wants to see u fight, you would be cut, and have to find a real job.

These guys aren't fighting for a living to barely get by ya goof.

i'm tired of fighters being underpaid. and for asking for more money.

Yes, they do know their worth right now. I agree on that.
However the new bosses have just spent four billion dollars. A lot of coins are missing in the cash register right now.
Just imagine your boss invests in some stuff. Is he gonna give you a raise? Probably not right now.

Nonetheless I do hope fighters will get paid better as soon as possible.
Risiking your health for the entertainment of others should always be rewarded generously.

You can't compare this to a normal job, the fighters are the product, they are what the UFC sells. If the fighters stop fighting because they aren't making enough the UFC makes less money to pay off their 4 billion dollar loan.

If I worked for someone as a the product and my boss sold me for billions and I didn't get my worth I damn sure wouldn't be working there any longer and bringing them in more money. I really hope these fighters come together as a whole and start demanding more, the sooner they are paid better, the soon better talent is attracted to MMA.

Back