Tired of fighters refusing to fight unless they get paid more

A month ago I went to a local boxing show, the loser of the headline card, I had never heard of, in an organisation I had never heard of, so did anybody there, got 20k to lose. Why would anyone fighting in a major organisation, after the reebok deal, for no money?

I've been noticing a trend with today's fighters. So many guys in great situations try to hold out of fights for more money. We're seeing it now with Tony Ferguson and we've seen it recently with Weidman, Woodley, Alvarez, Diaz etc.

These guys just don't know how good they have it. I would fight any fuckin guy on the planet for the money these guys are making. The transmission just went out in my wife's car and we won't be able to get it fixed in the near future. Give me 8k/8k and I will fight any motherfucker on that roster to get my wife's car fixed. It's just so infuriating to hear people asking for more and refusing to do their job when they are already doing well. All these fake tough guys in the UFC would have a mental breakdown if they were in my shoes. I make 1/10th of what most these guys make and yet I'm not up my manager's ass refusing to do my job unless I get a raise. If Tony Ferguson won't fight Khabib until they pay him more then fuck it, I'll fight Khabib for whatever Tony's making. My daughter needs braces too so you know daddy will go out there to bang and bring home the bacon.

There are so many problems with this line of logic. First off you are not a professional fighter and could never be one so your boasting that you would take the 8k/8k is irrelevant since you don't have the skill/talent/body etc etc to get hired to cage fight for that money. IF YOU DID and you were doing awesome knocking guys out in a cage on live teleivison/PPV you would quickly realize your worth and start to feel like a moron for doing all of that work, for contributing to the wealth of the UFC, and only bringing home an average jobs worth of money because that pay check you get is also what you use to pay for the training/management that you received. So that 15-20k check will end up being less than 10k.

Only a fool would be ok with being paid that for what you are doing. Not to mention all of the bodily harm that you have incurred, the concussions and broken bones. The physical issues that the UFC isn't going to cover all of because they already treated you after your fights but some of those ailments never actually go away, so you need advanced medical care all of the time and the UFC doesn't even provide real health insurance.

In the end no one wants to pay money to see you get KO'd in 5 seconds so your critique of these amazing fighters is ludicrous.

I don't mind the fighters going for higher pay. The accumulated damage to the body & brain over a career should be paid for very well at the upper level of the divisions.

Anyone who liked your post is a complete moron as well.

This will stop happening when the UFC actually pays fighters what they are worth. Do any of you remember what Nate Diaz was being paid before the first Conor fight? That was pathetic.

I've been noticing a trend with today's fighters. So many guys in great situations try to hold out of fights for more money. We're seeing it now with Tony Ferguson and we've seen it recently with Weidman, Woodley, Alvarez, Diaz etc.

These guys just don't know how good they have it. I would fight any fuckin guy on the planet for the money these guys are making. The transmission just went out in my wife's car and we won't be able to get it fixed in the near future. Give me 8k/8k and I will fight any motherfucker on that roster to get my wife's car fixed. It's just so infuriating to hear people asking for more and refusing to do their job when they are already doing well. All these fake tough guys in the UFC would have a mental breakdown if they were in my shoes. I make 1/10th of what most these guys make and yet I'm not up my manager's ass refusing to do my job unless I get a raise. If Tony Ferguson won't fight Khabib until they pay him more then fuck it, I'll fight Khabib for whatever Tony's making. My daughter needs braces too so you know daddy will go out there to bang and bring home the bacon.
16x3 is 48 dude. I'm not working for 48k per year. I'm not going to post on here what I do make, but I will say I recently didn't bother to go to an interview because it only paid $60k. Money may not be everything, but everything const money. How about making $150k per year and being able to buy a new car rather than breathing life into a car that is giving problems. These guys want a better life. What's wrong with that?

The problem is, the only way to get UFC to do anything seems to be by making a scene on social media. Conor started it and now everyone else is following.

you would fight them for 8k/8k because you wouldnt have to invest in a full camp, pay manager fees, pay your own health insurance, and have basically no other meaningful income until the fight after 3 months+ of training you FUCKING IDIOT

you'd also get your forehead caved in

I agree with you, but the UFC is determined to get as much work/money out of you as possible, while paying you the least.. so capitalism. It's not gonna change any time soon

This guy, lol.

Remember when he posted the story of his mother being a psychoanalyst? He said he watched Holloway-Pettis with his family, and his mother drew some conclusions on Pettis by looking at his scared face.

But his 'weird female UFC fan' story is even more hilarious.

His story about wanting to beat up the chicks at his gym was pretty funny.

He comes up with some stupid shit, entertaining tho.

Typical sherdog problem - posters who are hard core losers and dead beats projecting their problems on fighters who rightfully want to make more money

This

Hard to listen to some guy that makes 38k a year bitch about people being " overpaid". Bitch , compared to you everyone is " overpaid" ! Of course the fact that its due soley to their poor life choices or just general mediocratity is lost on them.

You'd quit your job to take the time to fully train to possibly make 16k? More likely 8k? All while getting your brain smashed in. What are you, a Walmart greeter?
People act like being a fighter is easy money. They are fucking delusional, to be successful and make money you have to suffer. This guy thinks he can hop out of his cubicle and jump in the game, and gladly do it for 8/8? Lol reality would slap him in the face fast! We all have the ability to negotiate our salary, why not fighters?

There are so many problems with this line of logic. First off you are not a professional fighter and could never be one so your boasting that you would take the 8k/8k is irrelevant since you don't have the skill/talent/body etc etc to get hired to cage fight for that money. IF YOU DID and you were doing awesome knocking guys out in a cage on live teleivison/PPV you would quickly realize your worth and start to feel like a moron for doing all of that work, for contributing to the wealth of the UFC, and only bringing home an average jobs worth of money because that pay check you get is also what you use to pay for the training/management that you received. So that 15-20k check will end up being less than 10k.

Only a fool would be ok with being paid that for what you are doing. Not to mention all of the bodily harm that you have incurred, the concussions and broken bones. The physical issues that the UFC isn't going to cover all of because they already treated you after your fights but some of those ailments never actually go away, so you need advanced medical care all of the time and the UFC doesn't even provide real health insurance.

In the end no one wants to pay money to see you get KO'd in 5 seconds so your critique of these amazing fighters is ludicrous.
Well said, though likely wasted on this guy.

Wife? Weren't you having some weird triangle choke sex with some chick you picked up at a bar last week?

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ran-into-strange-female-ufc-fan.3417883/

That was some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. TS should be banned for that abortion.

On topic: I'd have to fight, and win, just over 5x a year to match my gross salary under an 8/8 pay structure; not including training expenses. I also get medical, dental, 401(k) w/ company matching and paid vacation. Thanks, but no thanks.

Last edited:
That's rich, considering how not long ago OP made a thread defending fucking Connor.

For a company whos contracts state they can cut you after 1 or 2 loses and do not offer much in the way of expenses or healthcare why the fuck should these fighters who are in the premier organisation fight for such low pay.

I'm glad for conor and now fighters are following and making demands which are very reasonable

Is it there fault that these cunts over paid for the company and now have to make silly interim titles to get so called fans to pay for the product lol.

Well, looks like we found CM Punk's next opponent.

Back