Tired of Dominik Cruz' "i'm so smart" routine.

John Wick

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I'm not disappointed in myself at all"

"Cody is hostage to his own ego and is a meathead"

The irony.

giphy.gif

This guy is another classic case of textbook narcissism. He wants to say all the right things for admiration and how he handles defeat and it's working. He's not keeping it real. Some of the rawest interview i've ever seen are of Kobe Bryant after a Finals performance and he is just pissed off. It's human nature to feel that way then to regroup and rebound the next time. Dominik is just way too robotic here.

I'm watching his Press Conference right now and I can't help but cringe. Don't confuse being an eloquent speaker to being intelligent. He is no different to Joe Rogan. Master communicators, but what is behind what their saying? Is he practicing what preaches? If Cruz is so smart then why was he outclassed by the "meathead" Cody? It takes a high fight IQ to go in there and dance with Cruz on the biggest stage when you've never fought a top 5 guy in the world.

Last edited:
Dominik Cruz loves to hear himself talk. His fans vicariously live through him and are smitted by him because he is a polished speaker. Again, polished speaker doesn't mean intelligent. All of that shit talking in the build up and then he got humiliated.

He didn't look too intelligent in the octagon.

Losing to a younger faster stronger opponent doesn't make him dumb

Dude breaks down fights so well, i think his intelligence really shouldn't be in question

I agree he's fake as fuck tho

I liked Dom and he was usually pretty witty and gave good interviews

But when you hear him patting himself on the back for how smart he is and how good he is at talking pretty much makes you think douche

Funny you shit on Cruz intellectual persona then reference Bryant another well known intellectual and narcissist.

You don't know what you're talking about or you're a meathead who's mad people are smarter than you.

Losing one fight erases all the other fights?

It makes him no less above the next contender at this point. He hid behind his belt with his shit talking. He can't do that anymore.

If Cruz won you probably wouldn't be tired of it.

He is not dumb. However just listen to him talk about anything in detail that isn't MMA it is not pretty.

The guy is pretty full of himself and he is nowhere near as smart as he likes us to think he is.

If Cruz won you probably wouldn't be tired of it.

I never liked Cruz. I thought he was arrogant and hid behind his belt. It's like Donald Trump at the point--you really can't say shit about him because he's President-elect but the stuff that comes out of his mouth makes you cringe. I'm not saying Cruz is Donald Trump now, but it's that same tactic they both use. Guys who double down and never waver on their positions because they leverage the position they're in to make themselves seem great.

I said that before the fight, he really is kind of a prick who toots his own horn too much and tries to sound smarter than everyone else. Even in the post fight interview he said something like "cody took a page out of my book" as if he was trying to take credit for cody's win or some shit. Dude just seems like a self centered prick to be honest.

His intelligence and eloquence are overstated.

Still like him though.

I think it's funny when Dom claims that all the shit talking he's done to other fighters has just been him laying out "statistical facts".

But says things like everyone at TAM is a "hostage to their own ego".

But maybe Dom can post a link to a graph supporting that "factual" claim.

There's a reason Cruz has few friends outside his family. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back