Tippy toes a no no...a better way to kick

Muay Thai is literally the only style that consistently bounces up on the tippy toes when kicking above the waist

There's this sport in the Olympics which is known for having great kicks, in fact, it specializes in kicking.
It's called Tae Kwon Do. You may have heard of it. Wanna guess how they kick?

Kick.JPG

LOL...

NOPE, my 2nd Black belt was in TKD

tippy toe is subconscious reaching, everybody does it when they are REACHING HIGH

TKD PROPER FORM

latest

# hes getting desperate

flat base foot round kicks REQUIRE hyper flexibility when going high

the "snap" kick of TKD is considerably less powerful but faster and more versatile than the muay thai round kick...they both use the same exact "change up/ crocodile kick"

the MMA HYBRID is the best type of round kick as it combines the best of both worlds

the power of MT plus the versatility speed and TDD of Karate/TKD

I love MMA because it takes what works and discards the rest*
[unlike traditional students with the disciple mentality]

Last edited:
TKD has different stuff actually.
I think maybe the best YT content for novices is from Grandmaster Donato Nardizzi.
I never was TKD guy but stuff from him liked me a lot.

TKD has different stuff actually.
I think maybe the best YT content for novices is from Grandmaster Donato Nardizzi.
I never was TKD guy but stuff from him liked me a lot.

Every now and then you'll see a karate Taekwondo International kickboxing stylist even PKA kickboxing stylist bounce up on their tippy toes when they're kicking for the head

That's because it's subconscious reaching and nothing more

They probably got ingrained in Thai kickboxing and now is just what they do

I will concede that it probably does offer a .05% increase in power however this is nowhere near worth the risk of take down

LOL...

NOPE, my 2nd Black belt was in TKD

You're full of shit or you went to a McDojo.

# hes getting desperate

Do you even watch the videos you post? That's rhetorical by the way, because the answer is clearly no.
You're a fake who thinks doing image and video searches on google somehow equates to actual knowledge.

This is for the audience watching this shitshow of a thread so they can see how much of a delusional dumbass the TS is.

These are screencaps from the video posted above claiming that TKD kicks with a flat foot.

Start of the kick
GzELO8N.jpg

Is that a raised foot? I believe it is.
2CLtuMy.jpg

Right up on the toes for the pivot
xa9Jxsc.jpg

Heel is still off the ground on impact
rgV6ryt.jpg

You're full of shit or you went to a McDojo.

Do you even watch the videos you post? That's rhetorical by the way, because the answer is clearly no.
You're a fake who thinks doing image and video searches on google somehow equates to actual knowledge.

This is for the audience watching this shitshow of a thread so they can see how much of a delusional dumbass the TS is.

These are screencaps from the video posted above claiming that TKD kicks with a flat foot.

Start of the kick
GzELO8N.jpg

Is that a raised foot? I believe it is.
2CLtuMy.jpg

Right up on the toes for the pivot
xa9Jxsc.jpg

Heel is still off the ground on impact
rgV6ryt.jpg

LOL

* feverishly searched video for one of the few examples where the athlete pops their heel up momentarily as they reach high

as i said [many times] its common for athletes [OF ALL STYLES] to pop up on the ball during the pivot when they REACH HIGH!!

CONGRATULATIONS as you have documented one of those instances!!! LOL

# FAIL

Its the DEGREE of the raise and the point of impact that distinguishes the TKD/KARATE style base foot from the MT tippy toe [ON AVERAGE]

most of the bigger athletes LIKE ernesto hoost and cro cop slide their heel thru the entire kick...their heels NEVER POP UP

if you were to screen shot all of this young ladies kicks you would find that across the average her heel never leaves the ground and if it pops up its only momentary plus at the point of impact the base foot is usually [BUT NOT ALWAYS] FLAT

*spin effort A+
*results F

# applied himself

Here look very closely at this athletes base...is that a raised foot????

*nope....sorry

20191130_080245.jpg

Last edited:
All styles can tippy toe sometimes...its subconscious reaching so its seen when they are kicking high...sometime muay thai athletes kick high with a flat base foot and sometimes TKD/KARATE athletes tippy toe HOWEVER they do tend to stick to the AVERAGES

the tippy toe round kick is UNIQUE to MUAY THAI as you are instructed to BOUNCE UP thru the round kick and be HIGH ON THE BALL when you impact WHEREAS TKD KARATE teaches you to SINK DOWN into a flat base foot with a slightly bent knee

nothing is 100%

the technique can only be understood if it is studies across the AVERAGES!!!!!

sometimes MT flat foots

MUAYTHAI-KICK-LEG.jpg

KARATE SOMETIMES TIPPY TOES but only when they reach high....[subconscious reaching]

CLEAR+ROUND+KICK+FOOT.jpg

LOL

* feverishly searched video for one of the few examples where the athlete pops their heel up momentarily as they reach high

as i said [many times] its common for athletes [OF ALL STYLES] to pop up on the ball during the pivot when they REACH HIGH!!

CONGRATULATIONS as you have documented one of those instances!!! LOL]

Wrong. Every single kick she does on the heavy bag is done with a raised foot.
Anyone can watch the video and see for themselves.
I'll link the video again right at the heavy bag portion.

This is how I know you've never trained TKD in your life, you don't even know how the kick mechanics work and think that posting POSED pictures somehow proves your point.
You are wrong and full of shit.

Wrong. Every single kick she does on the heavy bag is done with a raised foot.
Anyone can watch the video and see for themselves.
I'll link the video again right at the heavy bag portion.

This is how I know you've never trained TKD in your life, you don't even know how the kick mechanics work and think that posting POSED pictures somehow proves your point.
You are wrong and full of shit.

translation:
having paid our thai master a bunch of money to learn to be tru nak muay practitioners
we in the traditional MT disciple community are in butt hurt mode because the best MMA kickers on earth are using KARATE/ TKD hybrid kicking to win the biggest pay days in the industry and this AWFUL GURRILLA GUY keeps REMINDING US that tippy toes are a no no

20191201_144205.jpg 20191201_144341.jpg 20191201_144346.jpg

# [sound of child crying]

Last edited:
What you mean by "fighting karate"? Are you talking about knockdown rules? Or those relatively new full contact karate tournaments fought in some kind of pit?

If the former:

If the latter: I don't have a link, but if it is what I think it is it's just the sloppiest shit I ever saw in my life. That's ok, though. As I also said, it's relatively new, maybe they'll improve with time.

As of now Muay Thai is the most developed full contact sport which involves kicking, thanks to many years of development and gigantic demographics. It's understandable that you don't understand technique (pretending to understand, on the other hand, is not) but If you can't understand that which I just stated, you're simply in denial. These are facts.

Hold on, so you're using an example of a very well decorated professional Thai fighter mopping the floor with some amateur level knockdown Karateka's in an obscure tournament that none of the top knockdown fighters fight in to prove that MT is better than Knockdown Karate for kicking?

It's like mentioning a heavyweight Knockdown guy winning some obscure MT title nobody cares about to prove that MT is a lesser art.

While I would totally agree that MT is much more developed in many other departments, the kicking arsenal you find in arts like Kyokushin and its practitioners is actually way more developed than what you see in MT, and that's because they don't allow many important techniques like punching to the head, elbows, or any form of clinching and throwing which are big areas of focus in MT.

I could easily post videos like those and make some wrong conclusions about MT.

Hold on, so you're using an example of a very well decorated professional Thai fighter mopping the floor with some amateur level knockdown Karateka's in an obscure tournament that none of the top knockdown fighters fight in to prove that MT is better than Knockdown Karate for kicking?

It's like mentioning a heavyweight Knockdown guy winning some obscure MT title nobody cares about to prove that MT is a lesser art.

While I would totally agree that MT is much more developed in many other departments, the kicking arsenal you find in arts like Kyokushin and its practitioners is actually way more developed than what you see in MT, and that's because they don't allow many important techniques like punching to the head, elbows, or any form of clinching and throwing which are big areas of focus in MT.

I could easily post videos like those and make some wrong conclusions about MT.

fighting karate is much more versatile than MT

It has everything "american" karate is missing like leg kicks, knees plus sweeps slams and throws

absolutely hilarious how few people know this is how karate is SUPPOSED to be

not like the strip mall in the old k-mart plaza is it america!?

LOL

upload_2019-12-7_13-53-59.gifAs you can see the one blue keeps his foot plant so his kick is superior, then the one in red. Lol

Yes, it is very shallow to pinpoint occurrences like that, which is basically what TS been doing since startng this thread. My point posting that was that if you're on one leg (kicking, for example) you're bound to be swept. A nak muay doing it to a karateka was just a funny element.

Having a more developed arsenal (variety) of kicking techniques doesn't equal having the most developed way of kicking. I stand by my point that the Muay Thai angle kick is the best way to throw said kick IF your goal is POWER/DAMAGE/USING MOST OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT and I still don't believe that keeping your base leg flexed and your heel on the ground can give any relevant benefits to not being swept.

That's my only point. I agree with everything else you said.

Most likely, If we look what is prohibited in K-1 and MT, then…..
MT isn't bad too.

Karate uses a more diverse kicking strategy and has a better version of base leg theory

MT has the elbow boxing advantage

We see a hybrid system in top level MMA these days

LOL

CONGRATULATIONS as you have documented one of those instances!!! LOL

# FAIL

Its the DEGREE of the raise and the point of impact that distinguishes the TKD/KARATE style base foot from the MT tippy toe [ON AVERAGE]

most of the bigger athletes LIKE ernesto hoost and cro cop slide their heel thru the entire kick...their heels NEVER POP UP

if you were to screen shot all of this young ladies kicks you would find that across the average her heel never leaves the ground and if it pops up its only momentary plus at the point of impact the base foot is usually [BUT NOT ALWAYS] FLAT

*spin effort A+
*results F

# applied himself

Here look very closely at this athletes base...is that a raised foot????

*nope....sorry

View attachment 685685
umm the kick he showed in screen shots was not a high kick...it was at her own waist level...

Having a more developed arsenal (variety) of kicking techniques doesn't equal having the most developed way of kicking. I stand by my point that the Muay Thai angle kick is the best way to throw said kick IF your goal is POWER/DAMAGE/USING MOST OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT and I still don't believe that keeping your base leg flexed and your heel on the ground can give any relevant benefits to not being swept.

That's my only point. I agree with everything else you said.

In my opinion there's more than 1 correct way, and it all depends on what you're trying to achieve. The best is to try the different ways and see what works best, I tend to use both the kicks I've learnt from Kyokushin (and are just as powerful) + the MT kicking way, sometimes with flat foot, sometimes on the ball of my foot depending on the type of kick and the target.

umm the kick he showed in screen shots was not a high kick...it was at her own waist level...

Everybody pops up once and a while...she did only when she kicked the bag (subconscious reaching)

Its not proper technique in non MT kicking and is only seen when people kick high...never low and rarely mid

Just like i said in the beginning

In my opinion there's more than 1 correct way, and it all depends on what you're trying to achieve. The best is to try the different ways and see what works best, I tend to use both the kicks I've learnt from Kyokushin (and are just as powerful) + the MT kicking way, sometimes with flat foot, sometimes on the ball of my foot depending on the type of kick and the target.

An excellent post...

Vs a grapples you should be sinking down on a flat foot and bent leg as you kick....never poping up to your toes on a straightened leg!?!?

Takedown bait

MMA 101

Back