Tipping bartenders and waitresses is getting out of hand

Tipping is getting out of hand. My friend is a bartender and posted on FB that you not only tip %20 of the bill but you also have to consider how long you stayed and tip more if you stayed a while.

these people will bitch all day long to the public but not say shit to their employer.

I tip a buck a drink. No mater cost of drink

Isn't it weird that we are expected to tip a barely functional single mother for carrying a cup to our table, but no one would ever think of tipping a surgeon when he pulls a baseball sized tumor out of your skull. Strange world.

No. I'm talking about going to the establishment. You get your order. Then, then show you a touchscreen for how much you want to tip.

wtf. Preposterous. Yeah. No need to tip there. Whoever just literally just dropped your stuff in a bag. Would be like tipping the bag guy at a grocery. No need.

Yes. Dooordach Uber eats and all sorts dog fees that Dodd not exist before Covid. Like it was okay a when we did know, but now I doubt tbdrivers after at risk.
That's why I never use delivery services anymore. The fees and tip are not worth it. Not to mention they fuck the restaurant over too.

Isn't it weird that we are expected to tip a barely functional single mother for carrying a cup to our table, but no one would ever think of tipping a surgeon when he pulls a baseball sized tumor out of your skull. Strange world.
I think the idea of tipping one and not the other carries a connotation of being above whoever your tipping. This might also be why waitress get hit on so much whereas maybe a female police officer or nurse doesn’t. Though I imagine nurses to get hit on a little. Doctors almost never. Like why would you try to bang the lady looking after your health. Imagine you hit it and quit it. You really want your ex looking after your health now. Lol.

Want to fix it? Stop tipping.

Its easy.

You ever been to a bar in Canada? I am not sure they’d tolerate that there. Whether bartender or barmaid because I remembered the word now, it ends with them standing there waiting.
It’s ingrained. I’d feel like I’m starting a fight with them and I’m not trying to detract from my good time out…

maybe I’m a pussy, but that’s Canadian.

I rarely drink in public anymore. I rather spend the mark-up and tips on higher quality stuff.

For fucking real.

We had my younger son's 12th birthday at a bowling alley that my girl's sister was also running/hosting a fundraiser at.

I had $85 dollar bar bill for a few pitchers of beer, and a few rounds of shots. All of 45 seconds of work and gave the bartender a $100 bill and said keep the change and she got all pissy at me and rolled her eyes.

Bitch, you did all of 45 seconds of work for me! Fuck you!
That's not a bad tip, what did she expect

You ever been to a bar in Canada? I am not sure they’d tolerate that there. Whether bartender or barmaid because I remembered the word now, it ends with them standing there waiting.
It’s ingrained. I’d feel like I’m starting a fight with them and I’m not trying to detract from my good time out…

maybe I’m a pussy, but that’s Canadian.

Open tab, close out tab, don't tip

Easy

Pickup orders are getting annoying, too.
Tipping on pickup orders is always ridiculous idea. You're literally just giving me the food I ordered. I understand tipping when you eat in since you're getting table service to constantly get refills and all that jazz.

Just came from bar. Shit. Why the you got tip the drink bringer every tome? Shouodb even be an end odd free ightn the night kind thing, no? Don’t make no damn sense. I don’t got to a restaurant and Tito o after each course?!

1) stop being poor

Tipping on pickup orders is always ridiculous idea. You're literally just giving me the food I ordered. I understand tipping when you eat in since you're getting table service to constantly get refills and all that jazz.

then don't tip

Here’s a tip…..get a real job and stop expecting handouts.

Feed a man a fish and he’ll be hungry next time, laugh and ridicule him and it won’t be your problem.

<Fedor23>

Back