Time to get rid of the Women's divisions

Lando

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cyborg's gone and so is the only contender for Nunes there will be for years. Holly's done. Shevchenko's content crushing the Ray Borg's of the flyweight division, Rose is talking about retiring.

Not one good fight on the horizon for a long time.
Call it a day

There should just be ones woman Division. Call it woman’s heavyweight.

It would be stacked.

So you're not shelling out the cash for Andrade vs that Chinese girl or Nunes vs GDR? Hmmm.... you may have a point actually.

It is horrible. There’s less than 5 women fighters anyone cares about. In fact, it may be less than 3

Oh Jesus... Not this shit again...

I will go as far as saying that they need to rethink the women’s FW division...

But women’s MMA will undergo similar exponential gains that men’s MMA did a decade ago. Getting rid of ALL divisions doesn't develop that aspect of the sport.

Cybro was put on death row in under a minute. She has absolutely NOTHING to offer Nunes.

She loses 10/10 handily.

Nunes, JJ and Andrade are the only ones I care to watch.

I love Rose but I think she doesn't want to fight anymore, and I love Holly for stomping Ronda, but most of her fights suck unless she's fighting the Bethes of the world.

Couldn't care less about Shevchenko.

Highly agree.
Aside of Joanna, Cyborg, Nunes, Holm and Schev nobody gives a shit about WMMA. I mean, the journalists and people like Rogan have to act like it's super intrusting and entertaining but in fact it's not.
Very low finish rate, insanely low knockdown rate, no power behind the punches, they are afraid to go in for the kill, women are just not made for fighting. Plain and simple. I can't stand it when Dana stacks 5 women fights in a decent looking card while giving 2 of them a place on the main card when in reality they should be fighting before the preliminary prelims as a stand up comedy special. Imagine how low would the buy rate of a only-woman PPV card be. Even if they put girls with the most following in there (btw. 3-4 Ostovich has hundreds of thousands of followers solely because of her arsenal, and i don't mean the fighting one).

Also, Dana speaks so lowly about the idea of 165 men's because everyone would "jump around the weight classes" but it's EXACTLY what's happening with women's divisions right now, after creating 125 and 145. And is that a bad thing that there are more divisions added? Hell no. But it just shows how insecure Dana is and how big of a hypocrite he is.

Yeah, WFW is pointless.

They can put Spencer on a diet and make her go to 135 for sure.
The only problem is Megan, I guesa they should send her back to Invicta and still pay for her contract because no way in hell she can go down in weight.

People need to face the truth. Women are not made to fight. And they only begin to realize this fact of life now. Women are innately loving, beautiful and sensible. Lawler has none of these 3 attributes. That's why he still delivers after so many years. Rose ran away, as did PVZ and many others when they realize what they got into. Even Holly, she was rigid and shaking like she was awaiting execution before her last fight

But women’s MMA will undergo similar exponential gains that men’s MMA did a decade ago. Getting rid of ALL divisions doesn't develop that aspect of the sport.
Well there's a few that logically could and should go. Get rid of 125, no one comes close to Valentina and she's been arguably the most competitive fight for Nunes a weight class up. Granted it's entertaining watching her smash cans like Eye but beyond that the 125 pound weight class has no value beyond manufacturing a belt for Valentina. Equally get rid of 145 with Cyborg leaving what is Nunes supposed to face Spencer or Anderson? 2 divisions at most 115 and 135 pounds should be the only female weight classes going forward.

Good post @LetThemBleed .

I will only put forward the idea that just because divisions are thin now, does not mean they will be thin forever. A lot more female athletes can be found at 125 around the world so I would be hesitant to axe that division.

Ya the whole thing needs to go. There's still a place with them in invictus for ppl who want to watch but they shouldn't be in the ufc dragging the cards down.

Cybro was put on death row in under a minute. She has absolutely NOTHING to offer Nunes.

She loses 10/10 handily.

I wouldn't agree with this. I think Nunes is the better fighter but if Cyborg could keep her at range and not get into a brawl with her it may be different, maybe not.

Why does it need to be developed?

Women’s sports never get as popular as men’s sports. There’s a reason for that.

For people who want to watch women fight, there’s Invicta.

There should just be ones woman Division. Call it woman’s heavyweight.

It would be stacked.
Honestly, Gabbi Garcia would be a massive star in the UFC if they made a hw division. She has the Bob Sapp factor going and makes you want to watch. Out of every woman in the world in MMA, I think Garcia would be the the biggest star, but Dana will instead make a 100 lb women's division with some hot soccer moms that can not fight above letting Gabbi make some popcorn. Nunes vs Gabbi would be awesome, and Id favor Nunes actually.

Fuck Holly Holms and her fans.Gifted title shots and her record sucks.

Back