Time to get rid of the Women's divisions

Why does it need to be developed?

Women’s sports never get as popular as men’s sports. There’s a reason for that.

For people who want to watch women fight, there’s Invicta.

I didn’t say it needed to be developed. I said that hacking away divisions at present for not being as competitive as the men would not develop women’s MMA. My point is that the men have had a 20 year head start. Some of the early matches in men’s MMA were total squash matches and completely one-sided. But the longer that a certain weight class exists, the more athletes it draws, the more competitive it becomes.

I wasn’t implying that the ufc should “develop” the division as such but that patience would develop it naturally.

I would never get rid of anything involving women, especially if a couple of them are hot..unless it was a talking competition...but I'm heterosexual..so that might explain it.

So many Sherdoggers with that sausagefest hunger. Personally, I think the women's division is great. Their fights are usually more entertaining than the men. The only division that is really questionable to keep would be Featherweight if Cyborg is no longer there.

Good post @LetThemBleed .

I will only put forward the idea that just because divisions are thin now, does not mean they will be thin forever. A lot more female athletes can be found at 125 around the world so I would be hesitant to axe that division.
This is not a bad compromise. Even I - a perennial WMMA-in-the-UFC basher - would be receptive to one or even 2 WMMA divisions in the UFC, and two WMMA fights AT THE MOST for any given event. Go back to the 2-division system, get rid of these 3 or more WMMA fights at UFC events, and I will stop bitching about WMMA in the UFC. Really I will.

Last edited:
It is horrible. There’s less than 5 women fighters anyone cares about. In fact, it may be less than 3
Correct. It's less than 3, it's 0. None of them belong in the cage with men. If they think they do, remove the W and get in the cage with men. Should have kept them in "What the Hell is Invicta, I never heard of that"

Women are innately loving, beautiful and sensible.
Ching Shih[1]:65 (Chinese: 鄭氏; literally: 'widow of Zheng') (born Shih Yang (Chinese: 石陽; 1775–1844), a.k.a. Cheng I Sao (Chinese: 鄭一嫂), was a Chinese pirate leader who terrorized the China Seas during the Jiaqing Emperor period of the Qing dynasty in the early 19th-century. She commanded over 300 junks (traditional Chinese sailing ships) manned by 20,000 to 40,000 pirates[1]:71—men, women, and even children. She entered into conflict with the major nations, such as the British Empire, the Portuguese Empire, and the Qing dynasty.[2]

Ching Shih's code had special rules for female captives. Standard practice was to release women, but J.L. Turner witnessed differently. Usually the pirates made their most beautiful captives their concubines or wives. If a pirate took a wife he had to be faithful to her.[10] The ones deemed unattractive were released and any remaining were ransomed. Pirates that raped female captives were put to death, but if pirates had consensual sex with captives, the pirate was beheaded and the woman he was with had cannonballs attached to her legs and was thrown over the side of the boat.[4][7]:29[10]

Violations of other parts of the code were punished with flogging, clapping in irons, or quartering. Deserters or those who had left without official permission had their ears chopped off, and then were paraded around their squadron. Glasspoole concluded that the code "gave rise to a force that was intrepid in attack, desperate in defense, and unyielding even when outnumbered."[9]

Fuck Holly Holms and her fans.Gifted title shots and her record sucks.
She can get whatever she wants. She supplied us with the most glorious moment in sporting history. We can never pay her back.
hi-res-3dd1175540a31ce3e10690eee771e579_crop_north.jpg

#NeverForget

Spin them off to a subsidiary and see how the women do by themselves. I bet not well. Then dumb it to Bellator etc.

Cyborg's gone and so is the only contender for Nunes there will be for years. Holly's done. Shevchenko's content crushing the Ray Borg's of the flyweight division, Rose is talking about retiring.

Not one good fight on the horizon for a long time.
Call it a day
Is your real name Don Quixote?

It should be obvious that the women's divisions aren't going anywhere. Apart from political correctness (an influential factor) they actually have fans. Some like certain women fighters just for their looks, while others like particular ones for their skills. Eventually there'll be another woman fighter rivaling the popularity Rousey had in her heyday.

There should just be ones woman Division. Call it woman’s heavyweight.

It would be stacked.

No shortage of fat girls out there. Nearly 40% of women from the US, Mexico, and Uk are obese.

Cyborg's gone and so is the only contender for Nunes there will be for years. Holly's done. Shevchenko's content crushing the Ray Borg's of the flyweight division, Rose is talking about retiring.

Not one good fight on the horizon for a long time.
Call it a day
Alternatively, you could come out of the closet.

What a stupid thread.

WMMA is here to stay. Learn to like it, or at least shut the fuck up about it.

These boards are crawling with special types who hate women and hence enjoyed seeing PED abuser Cybro light up females. They are so heartbroken at this time.

Back