Time to be honest bj was never the best lw in the world , wec had the better Division

This might be the worst thread in the history of Sherdog. TS, think next time before you post.

tumblr_m7lnbgdRkr1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

IpmKtR2.gif

20140911080402_1MG_4005.JPG

Screen-Shot-2017-01-02-at-12.08.14-PM.png

PS

bj-penn-and-shealen-uaiwa.jpg

Shealen-Uaiwa-pic-4_thumb.jpg

A prime Sean Sherk would have a chance to beat anyone in the top 15 at LW right now. He might not be the most exciting but an elite wrestler with an iron chin, top of the line cardio, and unbeatable sub defense will always be successful in any era of MMA whether people like to admit it or not

A prime Sean Sherk would have a chance to beat anyone in the top 15 at LW right now. He might not be the most exciting but an elite wrestler with an iron chin, top of the line cardio, and unbeatable sub defense will always be successful in any era of MMA whether people like to admit it or not
Sherk in the USADA era?

My question to TS is, did you even watch MMA in lets say 2009?
What I do know is that no one mentioned BJ score, or who he lost to, everyone could not wait for his fight for him to win or lose.

What I would bet, which is hard to prove, BJ training with Marinovich brothers is a killing machine which would easily be contender now.

I’m tired of this motivated bj shit . No one he has beaten is relevant. He’s not beating any of those guys . I don’t think he could even beat Nate Diaz
Yo are you stupid or something? That’s like saying Matt Hughes wasn’t good because no one he beat is relevant.
Stupidest logic ever posted
Let me guess, you’re a flat earther too huh?

I don't even like BJ but this thread is bullshit. When he was in top condition he was a top fighter. I do think he rested on his laurels a bit and could have been an all time great but come on...

All-time is based on the time in which someone did their best work. Comparing eras is a different topic. And you have to know eras to be able to discuss them reasonably. BJ fought all the top LW's of his era and beat them. None of those WEC guys stood out like Penn did during their time.

I am beginning to think the greatest crime a fighter can commit isn't just to lose, it is to retire and not die in the cage/ring. If you stop fighting you are a can/ irrelevant/anything else people claim. If you get old and decide to stop at some point then suddenly everyone is better than you and you wouldn't stand a chance (despite the fact that your present condition isn't the same as it was but it is this condition that gets compared to present fighters and not your "prime years" condition.) Are some of you guys really fans of (combat) sports?

I get it yall love bj coz he fights bigger guys.but lets be real here bj hasnt won ny fight against bigger guys hes like 1-12 against them.who has he beaten?only hughs .hes a warrior and is addicted to fighting bigger guys and always loses.look at andy hes a former ww destroying lhw's .thats the real deal

Any era except the USADA era

Penn was a good mid-2000s fighter. But the late 2000s and 2010s fighters were better. Including Edgar, Maynard and the WEC top guys like Henderson, Pettis and Cerrone all beat him.

Back