News Tim Means vs Uros Medic set for April 27th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Damn didn't know Tim Means was still fighting.

I'm gonna chalk up this piece of booking to the chaotic soup that is the midcard!

Should be a fun scrap, Means is no joke, coming off a win over Fialho. Medic is a dangerous dude but is coming off a loss to Orolbai. There's a significant elevator factor going on despite recent results.

If you hit hard, Medic is liable to crumble, but Means is more of a distance guy unless you gas TF out, which might open up opportunities for Medic unless he's completely technically out-matched.

I definitely like it! I figured Means would get a veteran, Medic would get an up-and-comer, but no reason to overthink it: WHY NOT!

War Means.

I watch all his fights.

I like the concept of ordinary business as usual whatever days where some jackass picks on some nerd and the nerd turns out to be Chase Hooper or Means etc.

I'm not saying those guys are nerds.
I'm saying I like the concept.
Because jackasses happen.

medic.gif

Uros Medic sounds somewhere between a legit medical speciality and a 90s softcore Skinemax film.

War Means.

I watch all his fights.

I like the concept of ordinary business as usual whatever days where some jackass picks on some nerd and the nerd turns out to be Chase Hooper or Means etc.

I'm not saying those guys are nerds.
I'm saying I like the concept.
Because jackasses happen.

Means was never a nerd, he's just a 40-year-old journeyman ex-con fighting way below his natural weight. Maybe if he fought at MW again he wouldn't have 15 losses. Insane that he actually fought at 155 back in the day.

Last edited:
Went for Medic but not sure why to be honest.

Means was never a nerd, he's just a 40-year-old journeyman ex-con fighting way below his natural weight. Maybe if he fought at MW again he wouldn't have 15 losses. Insane that he actually fought at 155 back in the day.
sounds like some crybaby shit

<{1-11}>

Means looks fatter around his stomach and face than usual

This should be a barn burner knowing Tim Means.

I think Medic takes this. Means is the poster child of "crafty old veteran". He has a lot of tricks up his sleeves and has a fairly well-rounded arsenal, being at least generally competent everywhere the fight goes. The highlight of his game is probably his boxing, though -- particularly his dirty boxing. That said, he's 40 years old and has been in a lot of tough wars. He impressed me with his ability to get past a one-dimensional albeit powerful boxer in Fialho, but IMO that was more of a case of the guy with more tread left on his proverbial tires and more durability narrowly showing off his staying power down the stretch.

Medic is a totally different animal from Fialho. I have traditionally been hesitant to pick him because he's essentially a can-crusher from one of the most low-level regional scenes (Alaska), but he has done okay for himself against tough opposition. Whereas Andre sometimes looks uncomfortable when put on the back foot, Uros is comfortable using angles to find nasty counters. Furthermore, his speed and footwork are vastly superior. Fialho is a guy who plants and rips with his boxing combinations, whereas Medic glides around on the outside with his movement to pick his shots and has a way more versatile selection of strikes -- including an actual kicking game. He still hits damn hard, too: 6 knockdowns in his last six fights, plus a 100% finish rate professionally.

I know some people would probably be quick to jump on the idea of Medic having a defensive grappling deficiency -- and maybe he does. On paper, he only has 46% TDD. But who's out-grappling him? Jalin Turner and Myktybek Orolbai. Yeah the Orolbai fight was a bad look, but it's hard to hold that against him. Orolbai is by all appearances an elite prospect and Medic had no time at all to prepare for the short-notice change of opponent; he was previously matched-up with a fairly straightforward pressure-striker/brawler in Jonny Parsons who presents very little grappling threat. And likewise, we know what Turner is capable of. Everyone else who has attempted to take Medic down -- Semelsberger, Cruz, etc. -- has failed. Means is a decent enough wrestler, but he's not elite in that department. He often struggles to really hold guys down and consolidate position to do damage or threaten anything these days. I could see him taking down Uros once or twice, but I don't see him dominating on the mat.

Ultimately, I think Tim will look game and competitive as he always does: winning some boxing exchanges, making it dirty in the clinch, threatening the takedowns... but eventually he's going to get caught and hurt with a counter as he tries to chase Uros down before being TKO'd sometime in the second round or so.

Last edited:
Back