Tim Means is a BAMF

what am i missing?
he is a deep journeyman, kinda sucks.

Tim Means is tough and durable and a vet.

He is really not anywhere remotely close to Chris Lytle in terms of skill. Lytle spent his entire career facing elite guys, including double digit fights against UFC Champs and title challengers.

I don't recall Tim Means ever fighting contenders, he definitely wasn't facing long standing top 5 guys like Lytle did (Serra, Hughes, Koscheck, Alves etc)

Lytle arguably invented bonus hunting in the UFC and was at one time i believe he held the record for most post fight bonuses. He was the first fighter to earn FOTN, KOTN and SOTN bonuses.

Lytle was 13-1 as a pro boxer and Indiana State champion.

Respect to Tim Means. He has put his body on the line to earn a long standing job in the UFC, but ... levels.

Edit: re

In my opinion, he’s the modern Chris Lytle.

just bleed bless.

Drunk rant incoming.

First off, Tim Means deserves a better thread. I admit that. But I’m on my phone and I’m not a gif master.

I just wanted to give love to Tim Means for being a saint of the Church of Just Bleed.

I challenge anyone to find a boring Tim Means fight. And it doesn’t count if someone wrestlefucked him. Which, even then, I can’t think of any fights where he’s been wrestlefucked.

He’s a well rounded fighter. Dangerous on the feet, dangerous on the mat, dangerous against the cage. And he always brings heat. He fights to finish. I can’t think of any fight where he doesn’t go for the finish; win or lose.

In my opinion, he’s the modern Chris Lytle. Just a well rounded BAMF who’s a problem for anyone they face because of their toughness and ring smarts.

I challenge you to find a boring Tim Means fights. Yes, he’s lost fights. Even when he loses he’s entertaining.

so I wanted to take a moment, in hopes that he browses the glorious lands of sherdog, so that he can be praised as a true disciple of Just Bleed and get the love he deserves.

just bleed bless.

Excellent work!

Tim Means is a dude that deserves a ton of credit.

Look, he's not gonna win any proper UFC belt, he probably won't earn a stupid made up belt either, and he's probably not making the UFC Hall of Fame... but this is the kind of cat the fight business is built upon, and he's as solid as any other uber-veteran in the sport today.

Unexpectedly awesome post, you put a smile on my face!

Tim Means is awesome and the UFC wouldn’t exist without guys like him, solid mid carder/gatekeeper to the top 15 who always tests his opponents while being exciting. Fact he’s still going as strong as he is and staying relevant at his age I can’t help but root for him.

gull-1764882_960_720.jpg

Nature can give two fuks about the accomplishments of man, lol.

Still crazy that in 50 pro fights that’s the only time he’s been legitimately KO’d/TKO’d. The only other time was due to injury.
It's funny when the haters only have that one thing to cling to for dear life ala GSP vs Serra one.

Always been a fan of teh Dirty Bird he is Cowboy light. imho

There's fighters who come to kill

Others to die..

And some come to raise some hell and the get the juices flowing..

That would be Tim Means...

I Hespetch the Dirty Bird

images (6).jpeg

Who knew a fighter who’s never caused any amount of controversy and is also extremely exciting & violent like Means could have haters.
well he did do a 4 year prison sentence for beating a man that broke into his house meth is a helluva a drug so who knows what actually went down but he certainly turned his life around.

Tim Means is tough and durable and a vet.

He is really not anywhere remotely close to Chris Lytle in terms of skill. Lytle spent his entire career facing elite guys, including double digit fights against UFC Champs and title challengers.

I don't recall Tim Means ever fighting contenders, he definitely wasn't facing long standing top 5 guys like Lytle did (Serra, Hughes, Koscheck, Alves etc)

Lytle arguably invented bonus hunting in the UFC and was at one time i believe he held the record for most post fight bonuses. He was the first fighter to earn FOTN, KOTN and SOTN bonuses.

Lytle was 13-1 as a pro boxer and Indiana State champion.

Respect to Tim Means. He has put his body on the line to earn a long standing job in the UFC, but ... levels.

Edit: re

fair points. Wasn’t referring to skill level as much as I was referring to a concept. A journeyman who is never in a boring fight and has well rounded skills. He’s not Lytle level, but he’s still my boy! A gift from the gods of just bleed.

Basically, if he’s fighting, you know it’s gonna be a good fight. It’s either going to be a gritty banger, a brutal finish, or he goes out on his shield. Just wanted to give him his props for being one of the few fighters who’s always entertaining.

Back