Tim Means is a BAMF

Still crazy that in 50 pro fights that’s the only time he’s been legitimately KO’d/TKO’d. The only other time was due to injury.
Price is freaky.

With.

"Yah, booked a fight against the dirty bird, dude barely showed up, cakewalk, easy night."

Said no one ever.

War Means!

He's at least some combination of fucking dumb and/or dirty.

I can explain a bit of the controversy, I just gotta get back to my computer. It's real early for a sat morning

Please do. I know about his drug addiction and prison sentence but not really anything since he joined the UFC. I know he missed weight once when he stepped up on short notice.

Please do. I know about his drug addiction and prison sentence but not really anything since he joined the UFC. I know he missed weight once when he stepped up on short notice.
Nah, nah, I'm not scummy enough to get shitty on a guy about that. It's about the positive test and the obvious DQ he got away with. Gimme a sec, I'll hop on and verbalize my thoughts, but it is more pet peeve territory mostly about fan perception than "Fuck this guy." But it is born of him being dumb

*edit*
Strap in, long read.

All right, so a second before I bring this up for Tim, I'm gonna bring up Jon Jones and Yoel Romero. The reason Jon Jones is a bullshit lying cheat is because of all the steps of ignorance/negligence that a fighter must go through to test positive. Look, we all know the supplement game is a fucking Russian Roulette experience, but the fact we all know that is why I don't pity gamblers who lose. USADA has educational material on the dangers of that world that you need to read and sign off on, and Jon actually had his signature fraudulently put on those. Secondly, USADA has an approved list of supplements. And thirdly, you have the ability to send supplements for testing.

Because of all this, even in the most obvious tainted supplement cases, you are still at fault for putting stuff into your body you haven't vetted. That's on you. That's why people still got minimum suspensions, even in the strongest cases.

Now, Yoel Romero and Tim Means, almost at the same time, had the most obvious open and shut cases of legit tainted substances. I know people grow tired of the 'tainted supplement' excuse, but it does exist, and these are the prime examples. And yet, because of the eye test, Romero still eats a relatively MASSIVE amount of shit next to Tim Means. Whatever level of responsibility you put on either guy (and as I remind you, that should be a non-zero level of responsibility because of the responsibilities I listed above) should be on both guys. But people forget Tim tested positive at all. That's something that just fallen to the wayside. Again, I don't think he's a cheat, but he was ignorant/negligible in a way that people shit on everyone else for, but not him

Point 2 is the Alex Oliveira knee. Happened in the same year as the suspension, no less. Now, this is partly the fault of Joe Rogan, who constantly parroted "3 points of contact" as the downed fighter rule, despite the fact that that was NEVER the language of the rule. You keep saying stupid shit like that over and over again and stupid people (Tim Means) start to believe you.

The states JUST started picking up the new vs old rules on downed fighters. Previously, the rule was: Anything but the bottom of the feet means downed, which is why people got away with the 3 point stance. Note that that doesn't mean "3 points have to be down," you could be doing a fucking headstand completely upside down, that's 1 point, but still down. The new rule was:
Any part of the body, other than a single hand and soles of the feet touching the fighting area floor. To be grounded, both hands palm/fist down, and/or any other body part must be touching the fighting area floor. A single knee, arm, makes the fighter grounded without having to have any other body part in touch with the fighting area floor. At this time, kicks or knees to the head will not be allowed.
Basically the same thing with one notable exception, just a lot more specificity to it. Again, no mention of how many points of contact you need. What should be really obvious from this, is that BOTH sets of rules CLEARLY dictate this is a grounded opponent.
tim-means-alex-oliveira-ufc-207-3.jpg

Being on a knee was NEVER a question in either case. This was one of the most blatant and obvious fouls, and instead of apologizing, Tim Means threw the whole "rule change" confusion under the bus, AND at a time when the states needed rule understanding the most. A standardization of the sport was under attempt, and he couldn't be bothered to not be stupid. Frankly makes all fighters and the sport look like meathead crap.

AND his excuse was bullshit, cuz if ya look, that's STILL 3 points of contact between both feet and the knee, so even by his own story, it was a foul.

And it's not just me thinking he's dumb here. He says it himself (though he still says it in a, "I'm not taking responsibility for this" way by throwing other idiots under the bus). He even explicitly said it was an intentional knee and should be DQ'ed

“I don’t know how they called it accidental. I misconstrued the rules when we were breaking them down in the back, and we have to have this three points of contact, hand down and all that. … I saw his hands up, I saw him trying to defend my knee, and he thought a knee was coming, as well. When I got in the back, there were fighters who also were confused on it. There was a big gray area. I’d take more responsibility on myself and call myself a dumbass if it was only me who thought that the knee was legal. But there was a whole bunch of confusion behind it. … I didn’t try to hurt him or cheat him in any way, but I did try to take him out. If we’re following the rules, we’re following the rules. Accidental? They’re playing with my intelligence. I threw the knee on purpose because I thought it was completely legal, so give the dude the DQ.”

And yet he fouled a guy with intention and his record escaped intact.

Last edited:
He blew it with the nickname. Should've gone with "Business" so he could be introduced as Tim Means Business.
Damn. I wonder how many cool names we could get it we started inserting nicknames after the last name rather than as more of a middle name.

Nah, nah, I'm not scummy enough to get shitty on a guy about that. It's about the positive test and the obvious DQ he got away with. Gimme a sec, I'll hop on and verbalize my thoughts, but it is more pet peeve territory mostly about fan perception than "Fuck this guy." But it is born of him being dumb

*edit*
Strap in, long read.

All right, so a second before I bring this up for Tim, I'm gonna bring up Jon Jones and Yoel Romero. The reason Jon Jones is a bullshit lying cheat is because of all the steps of ignorance/negligence that a fighter must go through to test positive. Look, we all know the supplement game is a fucking Russian Roulette experience, but the fact we all know that is why I don't pity gamblers who lose. USADA has educational material on the dangers of that world that you need to read and sign off on, and Jon actually had his signature fraudulently put on those. Secondly, USADA has an approved list of supplements. And thirdly, you have the ability to send supplements for testing.

Because of all this, even in the most obvious tainted supplement cases, you are still at fault for putting stuff into your body you haven't vetted. That's on you. That's why people still got minimum suspensions, even in the strongest cases.

Now, Yoel Romero and Tim Means, almost at the same time, had the most obvious open and shut cases of legit tainted substances. I know people grow tired of the 'tainted supplement' excuse, but it does exist, and these are the prime examples. And yet, because of the eye test, Romero still eats a relatively MASSIVE amount of shit next to Tim Means. Whatever level of responsibility you put on either guy (and as I remind you, that should be a non-zero level of responsibility because of the responsibilities I listed above) should be on both guys. But people forget Tim tested positive at all. That's something that just fallen to the wayside. Again, I don't think he's a cheat, but he was ignorant/negligible in a way that people shit on everyone else for, but not him

Point 2 is the Alex Oliveira knee. Happened in the same year as the suspension, no less. Now, this is partly the fault of Joe Rogan, who constantly parroted "3 points of contact" as the downed fighter rule, despite the fact that that was NEVER the language of the rule. You keep saying stupid shit like that over and over again and stupid people (Tim Means) start to believe you.

The states JUST started picking up the new vs old rules on downed fighters. Previously, the rule was: Anything but the bottom of the feet means downed, which is why people got away with the 3 point stance. Note that that doesn't mean "3 points have to be down," you could be doing a fucking headstand completely upside down, that's 1 point, but still down. The new rule was:
Any part of the body, other than a single hand and soles of the feet touching the fighting area floor. To be grounded, both hands palm/fist down, and/or any other body part must be touching the fighting area floor. A single knee, arm, makes the fighter grounded without having to have any other body part in touch with the fighting area floor. At this time, kicks or knees to the head will not be allowed.
Basically the same thing with one notable exception, just a lot more specificity to it. Again, no mention of how many points of contact you need. What should be really obvious from this, is that BOTH sets of rules CLEARLY dictate this is a grounded opponent.
tim-means-alex-oliveira-ufc-207-3.jpg

Being on a knee was NEVER a question in either case. This was one of the most blatant and obvious fouls, and instead of apologizing, Tim Means threw the whole "rule change" confusion under the bus, AND at a time when the states needed rule understanding the most. A standardization of the sport was under attempt, and he couldn't be bothered to not be stupid. Frankly makes all fighters and the sport look like meathead crap.

AND his excuse was bullshit, cuz if ya look, that's STILL 3 points of contact between both feet and the knee, so even by his own story, it was a foul.

And it's not just me thinking he's dumb here. He says it himself (though he still says it in a, "I'm not taking responsibility for this" way by throwing other idiots under the bus). He even explicitly said it was an intentional knee and should be DQ'ed

“I don’t know how they called it accidental. I misconstrued the rules when we were breaking them down in the back, and we have to have this three points of contact, hand down and all that. … I saw his hands up, I saw him trying to defend my knee, and he thought a knee was coming, as well. When I got in the back, there were fighters who also were confused on it. There was a big gray area. I’d take more responsibility on myself and call myself a dumbass if it was only me who thought that the knee was legal. But there was a whole bunch of confusion behind it. … I didn’t try to hurt him or cheat him in any way, but I did try to take him out. If we’re following the rules, we’re following the rules. Accidental? They’re playing with my intelligence. I threw the knee on purpose because I thought it was completely legal, so give the dude the DQ.”

And yet he fouled a guy with intention and his record escaped intact.

I read through maybe 1/5th of your post. Just the beginning.

I’d like to start by saying I appreciated you passion for anti doping. I would like to add that I appreciate your logical and level headed foundation for your opinions and the facts that you use to support them. Bravo.

In response, I’d like to say I’m not anti doping. So that point falls on deaf ears. Also, PRIDE NEVER DIES!!!!

Once I scrolled to the part where I saw the gif of the grounded knee, I was done. Just fucking bleed!!!!!! Grounded knees should be legal.

Everyone’s on steroids. Shouts to Nick Diaz (just bleed bless).

so yeah, I 1000000% support your perspective and we need fans like you. But we also need the church of just bleed. It’s all about balance. We need fans who care ability things like fighter pay, rules, doping, etc. and we need fans who are here to revere skilled violence and desire maximum violence; even if it comes with Vale Tudo rules and steroid use.

together we make the sport better.

but n the end, my allegiance is to just bleed. And indeed, Tim Means is a true saint of our sacred cult.

im actually being serious. guys like tim leave it all in the octagon and people here are hating

I misunderstood. I thought you were negatively judging me for appreciating his allegiance to the church of just bleed.

But I agree. These guys put their entire physical well-being and lives on the line. Shitty that people would hate on a proven warrior like means. And extra respect that he’s overcome addiction and a rough background. He’s really turned it around to have a solid career.

the man deserves his respect.

I read through maybe 1/5th of your post. Just the beginning.

I’d like to start by saying I appreciated you passion for anti doping. I would like to add that I appreciate your logical and level headed foundation for your opinions and the facts that you use to support them. Bravo.

In response, I’d like to say I’m not anti doping. So that point falls on deaf ears. Also, PRIDE NEVER DIES!!!!

Once I scrolled to the part where I saw the gif of the grounded knee, I was done. Just fucking bleed!!!!!! Grounded knees should be legal.

Everyone’s on steroids. Shouts to Nick Diaz (just bleed bless).

so yeah, I 1000000% support your perspective and we need fans like you. But we also need the church of just bleed. It’s all about balance. We need fans who care ability things like fighter pay, rules, doping, etc. and we need fans who are here to revere skilled violence and desire maximum violence; even if it comes with Vale Tudo rules and steroid use.

together we make the sport better.

but n the end, my allegiance is to just bleed. And indeed, Tim Means is a true saint of our sacred cult.
Hey look, I'll PRIDE NEVER DIE myself, but Pride worked by the rules you agreed to. My thing is, you can't have rules and ignore them when you don't like them. In that case, just don't have rules.

Then we get this
1383103_10151823743673710_1566994822_n.jpg

He’s the one with the whore wife, right?

He deserves a better wife

Back