Tim Kennedy Made More Sponorship Money Than Entire Fight Night Card

Good post. If the numbers are accurate, fighters are being raped. Last I checked, rape is illegal...

Wrong. Zuffa owns the UFC. Zuffa is partly owned by Flash Entertainment. Flash is owned by the government of Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is a part of the United Arab Emirates.

Fighters are owned by the UFC. In the UAE, a wife is considered the property of the husband. Polygamy is allowed. Thus, the fighters (who are property of Zuffa) can be alternatively be viewed as Zuffa's wives, as property and wife is interchangeable, legally speaking. Martial rape is not illegal in Abu Dhabi/UAE.

Therefore, Zuffa (= husband in UAE) raping the fighters (= wives in UAE) is not illegal. Check the facts first, guy. Open your eyes and realize laws aren't the same everywhere.

It's funny because a lot of the anti-UFC people are jumping all over this, but they were the same people years ago who said fighters couldn't make enough from sponsors to live.

Statements like these are easy to make cause no one has a clue who you are talking about or if you are talking about specific individuals or if these people that agree with both of these things even exist. Their is no way to disprove what you say but it doesn't sound right.

Wrong. Zuffa owns the UFC. Zuffa is partly owned by Flash Entertainment. Flash is owned by the government of Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is a part of the United Arab Emirates.

Fighters are owned by the UFC. In the UAE, a wife is considered the property of the husband. Polygamy is allowed. Thus, the fighters (who are property of Zuffa) can be alternatively be viewed as Zuffa's wives, as property and wife is interchangeable, legally speaking. Martial rape is not illegal in Abu Dhabi/UAE.

Therefore, Zuffa (= husband in UAE) raping the fighters (= wives in UAE) is not illegal. Check the facts first, guy. Open your eyes and realize laws aren't the same everywhere.

Interesting point. Has anyone ever released any terms of that deal or do they know specifics? I never heard any and I'm curious about that deal. It makes you wonder how close Anderson MAY have caused them to lose that deal considering they seemed to bring him in to show them off to Dubai and the investors.

It's funny because a lot of the anti-UFC people are jumping all over this, but they were the same people years ago who said fighters couldn't make enough from sponsors to live.

They said that when the UFC levied taxes on the sponsors. The UFC sponsor problem goes back years they kept instituting changes and conditions to fighter contracts and who could and could not advertise directly on the floor of the Octagon. This has changed many times over the years. It was an argument against those tactics by the UFC.

That's true. But I don't understand how can they broadcast women's fights in Arab countries. I mean, it's illegal for their women to show their faces in public, but it's ok for female fighters to beat the shit out of each other in the cage?

Interesting point. Has anyone ever released any terms of that deal or do they know specifics? I never heard any and I'm curious about that deal. It makes you wonder how close Anderson MAY have caused them to lose that deal considering they seemed to bring him in to show them off to Dubai and the investors.

That is interesting. One would imagine Dana & the Frittatas had to work VERY hard trying to win back the favor of the sheikhs after that performance. Anderson, Zuffa's wife in this case, embarrassed Zuffa publicly. That is frowned upon in the UAE, to put it mildly. Andy eviscerated them and made them look weak; they must have promised the sheikhs there would be severe repercussions for Andy's actions in order to prove they weren't whipped cowards after that.

I think they knew that they would get shit for this when they made the deal, maybe not to this extent though. The thing is the sponsorship environment was a gravy train for fighters that the UFC allowed. I blame managers for not seeing that this gravy train would end because the writing was on the wall for a couple years. They should have negotiated contracts such that their fighter would be made whole if his sponsorship deal was changed mid contract. It just goes to show how disorganized and incompetent MMA managers are. This is serious business and now the fighters and their teams got the wake up call that they need to get organized on the business side or the UFC will run them over.

But wasnt the fact fighters made so much money on sponsors why so many posters on here were ok with pay? Doesnt seem like it now because most of them or still nuthugging Dana..... They should have upped pay to at least 12/12 after all this hoopla was made in the media, by fans and fighters.

Statements like these are easy to make cause no one has a clue who you are talking about or if you are talking about specific individuals or if these people that agree with both of these things even exist. Their is no way to disprove what you say but it doesn't sound right.

They said that when the UFC levied taxes on the sponsors. The UFC sponsor problem goes back years they kept instituting changes and conditions to fighter contracts and who could and could not advertise directly on the floor of the Octagon. This has changed many times over the years. It was an argument against those tactics by the UFC.

I'm not going to go bother and dig up old threads from ages ago. There were consistently threads pre-Reebok where people bitched and moaned about fighter pay and saying fighters couldn't live off of it. They brought up training expenses consistently. I, and many others, countered with fighters making money from sponsors, as sparring partners, etc. to cover those expenses and then some. Several acted as though sponsor money didn't amount to much.

If you've been on this forum long enough, you should have seen this several times.

LOL this guy is so full of shit, he needs flushing... to Bellator. There he will be lucky to make HALF of what he makes now. Can this guy already so we don't have to keep hearing his BS.

Thats just sad. I dont think any sports figures should be making multi millions but these guys are getting raped here big time. its only a matter of time before there is a revolt.

I'm not going to go bother and dig up old threads from ages ago. There were consistently threads pre-Reebok where people bitched and moaned about fighter pay and saying fighters couldn't live off of it. They brought up training expenses consistently. I, and many others, countered with fighters making money from sponsors, as sparring partners, etc. to cover those expenses and then some. Several acted as though sponsor money didn't amount to much.

If you've been on this forum long enough, you should have seen this several times.

Then how do you know it was the same people?

People taking both sides of an arguement? Not often, more often I do see people making claims that "the same people" make arguments from both sides of an issue but I rarely ever see/read it.

Then how do you know it was the same people?

People taking both sides of an arguement? Not often, more often I do see people making claims that "the same people" make arguments from both sides of an issue but I rarely ever see/read it.

Lol - ok captain literal. I'm generalizing. My point is that several of the "fighters aren't making enough money people" touted that fighters weren't making a lot from sponsors. Sponsor money was always there. Now the argument has shifted to "fighters made good money from sponsors, and now they can't".

For some reason i dont believe a single thing this guy says. Including the fact he isnt/never used anabolics....

He gives me a very strange vibe. That dude was abused as a kid 100%... or something like that. You can see the crazy in him.

I want to agree with everything he says.... But the fact it's coming from Tim Kennedy causes me to dismiss it as bullshit. It's sad to say, but all his whining and bitching the last couple years makes it hard for me to respect anything he has to say.
His sense of entitlement is very unbecoming for a military man.

They're going to have to outbid enough to cover the loss of sponsorship money too though, which means they might lose out on a fair number or decide to change the sponsorship situation so they dont have to keep paying the difference themselves

Herein lies the problem with the UFC contract matching clause and noncompete clause.

All the UFC is going to have to match is base pay. Then, they will hold fighters on the shelf for a year in order to match the contract without making up for the difference in sponsor opportunities.

I want to agree with everything he says.... But the fact it's coming from Tim Kennedy causes me to dismiss it as bullshit. It's sad to say, but all his whining and bitching the last couple years makes it hard for me to respect anything he has to say.
His sense of entitlement is very unbecoming for a military man.

Wow. He is not in the uniform anymore, he doesn't have to obey orders and pretend to enjoy it.

In the military, at least the people you are taking orders from have in most cases been in your position at some point in their career.

He knows he is being screwed in the entertainment business by people who have never stepped in the cage. He has every right to speak his mind and not take bullshit from exploiters who have never been where he is sitting.

Your association of entertainment with actual mission related combat for the interests of a nation is so misguided that i think you might be a little slow.

You guys are reaching by deflecting the blame upon managers.

I'm pretty sure that if you're not a ranked fighter, then signing a UFC contract is like signing a contract with the electric company, a phone company, or a credit card company.

Also, the main feature of an "independent contractor's" contract with the UFC is the non-compete clause. It wouldn't surprise me if headline fighters get offered a better PPV deal if they're willing to extend the term of the non-compete clause.

Luke Thomas also brought up a good point that UFC was all about cleaning up the look of the sport and presentation yet there are more logos in the octagon than ever. They didn't clean up the look, they just took control of the sponsors and took money out of the fighters pocket and put it into theirs....

post-53948-Shia-LaBeouf-Citizen-Kane-slow-Mdc4.gif

I like how Kennedy is never afraid to speak his mind or tell it how it is. Also it is insane at this point that there is no fighter union.

Kennedy loves to talk, but he rarely backs it up under scrutiny

Back