Till vs Masvidal - Most underhyped fight of 2019.

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I’m not seeing the buzz this fight deserves and I’m confused because this is a motherfu**er of a matchup between two straight animals with A LOT on the line. Both are coming off the worst performances of their UFC careers & desperately need the W.

Till has just fallen to the Champ but you cannot dismiss the young 26yo for a single short-coming in the biggest moment of his life. Pressure is a bitch.

Masvidal has never been stopped in 6years/15fights in the UFC. 4/6 of his losses were split decisions vs Al, Bendo, Larkin and Maia. Of the other two decisions, one of them was vs WB. He was never in danger of being finished vs WB but he was uncharacteristically flat/null and fickle fans will only remember that, forgetting who the fu** Gamebred is.

These guys willed their way from fighting in the ghetto to contesting with the best fighters on the biggest stage in the world and I pity the fool who misses these fireworks... and it’s not even a ppv.

TheRematch:

Fight is 5/10 at best, should not be a main-event.

Take your fanboy goggles off or UFC will never stop pushing shitty cards to Europe.

Very good chance both guys just stare at eachother for 25 mins with Masvidal doing just enough to lose a split decision.

After how badly Wonderboy whipped his ass, I can't imagine Jorge beats another lengthy striker like Till - even though Till isn't as good as Thompson(IMO Till was gifted the WB decision). I still think Till's length will be a huge problem. We still have weigh ins though, so who knows how Till will look.

After how badly Wonderboy whipped his ass, I can't imagine Jorge beats another lengthy striker like Till - even though Till isn't as good as Thompson(IMO Till was gifted the WB decision). I still think Till's length will be a huge problem. We still have weigh ins though, so who knows how Till will look.

WB is an enigma. Till vs Jorge will look nothing like either of their fights vs WB.

Very good chance both guys just stare at eachother for 25 mins with Masvidal doing just enough to lose a split decision.

That's gonna be on line of Francis/Lewis
Till is content with staring and feinting every so often with no intent of doing anything.

Masvida gonna come out swinging.. for about 2 minutes. Then gases and spends the rest of the fight wrestling Till

The ways these guys fight it could be a boring affair. Both like to counter and are only really exciting when the opponent pushes the fight and brings more offense out of them.

That's gonna be on line of Francis/Lewis
Till is content with staring and feinting every so often with no intent of doing anything.

Styles make fights, stop using the WB fight(s) as a measuring stick. I doubt this goes 25 minutes.

Styles make fights, stop using the WB fight(s) as a measuring stick. I doubt this goes 25 minutes.

He does it more than he should for being such a "gorilla" . Outside of the WB fight.
1st remember him from that Dalby draw, figured he was aggressive striker but toned it down too much

Seems to me this fight has gotten little hype at all. So many UFC cards lately this one just seems to be lost in the mix.

And I doubt we see a finish. Till could be gunshy after the whooping he took in his last fight and Gamebred is notorious for coasting. Hope I'm wrong.

wolf tickets
Masvidal gonna win (but lose on the scorecards in britain) a shitty close decision over a gassed Till that can't even make weight at 170.
Yeah ofc little genius<45><45><45>

WB is an enigma. Till vs Jorge will look nothing like either of their fights vs WB.
True, WB is a much smarter fighter than Till. I think Masvidal's best chance is to really throw caution to the wind and pressure Till... he obviously can't stand at range and expect to win.

The whole card is underhyped imo. gunnar vs leon, Oezdemir vs Reyes, Danny roberts, duffy vs diakiese in prem card, its definitely good for a fight night event.
And what surprise me is, with such a good card, they have such a bad marketing in england. The media conference room is fkcing small and dark and the place they do open workouts looks like some random warehouse. MMA seems like some underground bullshit compared to boxing in UK...

Masvida gonna come out swinging.. for about 2 minutes. Then gases and spends the rest of the fight wrestling Till

The ways these guys fight it could be a boring affair. Both like to counter and are only really exciting when the opponent pushes the fight and brings more offense out of them.

He does it more than he should for being such a "gorilla" . Outside of the WB fight.
1st remember him from that Dalby draw, figured he was aggressive striker but toned it down too much

True, WB is a much smarter fighter than Till. I think Masvidal's best chance is to really throw caution to the wind and pressure Till... he obviously can't stand at range and expect to win.

I think Till comes out as the aggressor as he did vs Cowboy, who like Masvidal, also fights at LW. Till boasts about being a LHW therefore will look to impose his will while Masvidal will utilize his boxing technique to counter the larger man.

I believe there will be blood and lots of it and I don’t see either man backing down or looking to coast.

Good call TS. I'm looking forward to this fight.

Back