Till needs a step down and needs to rework his fundamentals

GreatWhiteBuffalo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
he has good power, chin, accuracy, but his footwork is bad and his technique for entering his punches revolve around his opponents respecting his 1 punch power. He telegraphs his entrances. He does a bunny hop and flares his elbow basically every time he goes for the last straight. He paws with his lead and drops it to his waist. He leaves his head on a centerline, hands down, and after he connects he stands in front of his opponent. If his opponent slips, eats it, or he misses altogether, he’s wide open to eat a clean punch that he’s moving into. We saw Tyron work this hole effectively. I suspect tills opponents will exploit this going forward. Anyone who can eat the shot, or simply slip and counter with a hook can really rock till.

For a long, straight punching fighter, tills game plan is to throw a straight punch in the pocket. His distance is poor. His defense is poor. His chin is good and his power is good. He had the “stand up” aura before (a la Anderson silva), but once that aura is gone people take chances that they were scared of before.

Till needs to work on pocket defense or he won’t make it back up to contention.

Now rage me you casuals

Till is a D-level athlete. his striking is terrible. Who has he actually beaten? a 155, old, Cerrone?

Everyone who isn't a shill knew Woodley would destroy Till. Till is awful and will fade into obscurity now.

He should stop pussyfooting around and move up to MW his next fight. He ain’t getting a rematch with Woodley anytime soon so why torture his body any longer?

everyone gets clipped.

Who's to say you can square them off again and Woodley would get dominated that time.

People don't understand logistics.

This is the same Tyron that last week the entire MMA community hated him because he was a cry baby b**** that picked his fights Etc.

Now he's a God because he got a lucky clip on a up-and-comer

God people are sheep

Last edited:
He had absolutely nothing for Tyron. It was sad to watch.

He needs to step up to Middleweight.

His tdd was pretty good (better than I expected) but his ground game off his back seems suspect to me. An area his opponents may want to exploit in the future..

Till has had stepdowns his entire career, i dont think you can get any lower than Ayari, dalby and Wendell Oliveira.
He needs someone to punch him in the head repeatedly like Tyron did so he learns to move it.

everyone gets clipped.

Who's to say you can square them off again and Woodley would get dominated that time.

People don't understand logistics

Clipped?

Hmmm...
Sounds like you only understand logistics.

He should stop pussyfooting around and move up to MW his next fight. He ain’t getting a rematch with Woodley anytime soon so why torture his body any longer?
He’s not a mw, and honestly his style doesn’t match up well as an undersized mw. Kelvin and Robert are killing it because they are volume, quick, good headment and footwork fighters. Till is a stationary, vulnerable power puncher without volume. Not good, especially because everyone has power but also wrestling st 185

I think 99% of UFC fighters have poor fundamentals, Till in fact has better fundamentals than most of them

everyone gets clipped.

People don't understand logistics
Logistics?

Anyway, he didn’t just get clipped. It wasn’t a singing punch with his eyes closed that randomly connect. It was a deliberate, educated punch that Woodley prepared for. And like I said, unless he changes his fundamentals, that punch is there for everyone.

Funny how till loses and you guys have all this to say lol....

I didnt beleive till would beat tyrin for a second.

Fact is a left handed striker in mma goes very far.

Buy wheb you fight a guy who knows how to deal with this and is faster and a great striker youre fucked not to mention woodly has a superb ground game

Funny how till loses and you guys have all this to say lol....

I didnt beleive till would beat tyrin for a second.

Fact is a left handed striker in mma goes very far.

Buy wheb you fight a guy who knows how to deal with this and is faster and a great striker youre fucked not to mention woodly has a superb ground game
Been calling it for a while, so I don’t give two shits what you think is funny you doormat

Till is a D-level athlete. his striking is terrible. Who has he actually beaten? a 155, old, Cerrone?

Everyone who isn't a shill knew Woodley would destroy Till. Till is awful and will fade into obscurity now.
Oh Sherdog. Every time a prospect loses.

Nothing wrong with Till physically. It's all in his head.

He needs to fucking fight, not dance around and make faces.

Great win for Tyron, he made me a believer.

What really baffles me,Till threw only a strike or two during the whole first round.The ref gave him a break twice by separating them and yet,he did nothing to let his hands go! His striking was his only venue to victory but it failed him.
His chin though is good to take those hellbows and keep going!
Although he upped the ante and tried to blitz Woodley in the second round,he showed poor footwork ,head movement and setup,knowing full well the right hand is Woodley's go to weapon.Whether he learns from this and improves is anyone;s guess.

He also beat my favorite Welterweight, who also TKO'd the current middleweight champ.

giphy.gif

UnpleasantWhimsicalGalapagosdove-max-1mb.gif

Even if you scored that fight for Thompson (I did not), basically nothing at all happened in the fight except for a knockdown from Till.

Back