Till needs a step down and needs to rework his fundamentals

He also beat my favorite Welterweight, who also TKO'd the current middleweight champ.

giphy.gif

UnpleasantWhimsicalGalapagosdove-max-1mb.gif

Even if you scored that fight for Thompson (I did not), basically nothing at all happened in the fight except for a knockdown from Till.
Thompson is damaged goods. Once he crossed the prospect to contender threshold he lost his mojo.

Nothing wrong with Till physically. It's all in his head.

He needs to fucking fight, not dance around and make faces.

Great win for Tyron, he made me a believer.
No it’s not, it’s in his fundamentals. You can’t just walk up and land a left straight in the pocket without any set ups or defense. He got away with it against prelim and a chin shot Thompson fighting not to lose.

I think the moment was too big for Till. Both Woodley and Till looked very nervous but Woodley has done this many times before on the biggest stage.

In a thread few days ago I said Till leaves his head straight up in the air and in the pocket too long and someone as fast as Woodley could definitely capitalize. It’s no surprise that Till got dropped.

IMHO the level of MMA in UK is not that good. You can find a lot of sloppiness and lack of proficiency in training. In US there is more money and better trainers.

you needed last fight to discover it? I don't say Till is bad fighter, but he is just prospect.

Move to MW could benefit him but I think a lot of the top contenders are bad match ups for him

His last 3 fights he fought more cautious than ever had 2 near deaths and one tough knockdown. It ain’t the opponent.

Way to not give any credit to Woodley and Till. People are so predictable; they see a fighter look otherworldly (e.g. Thompson vs Hendricks) then think they are unstoppable, but once they fight someone who can beat them, all of a sudden it is that fighter that changed... not the opponent. So retarded...

People thought he had a chance. Woodley is a monster like him or not. If you can ko Lawler in one punch you are something special.

Way to not give any credit to Woodley and Till. People are so predictable; they see a fighter look otherworldly (e.g. Thompson vs Hendricks) then think they are unstoppable, but once they fight someone who can beat them, all of a sudden it is that fighter that changed... not the opponent. So retarded...
Did I say wonderboy was otherworldly and unbeatable? Don’t conflate the opinions of others with mine. Woodley has looked domestic against Rory as well. Point being: his style isn’t effective against the top talent.

He has really bad and slow feints that can be read by any experienced high level fighter. Needs a jab. Needs better distance control. Was too slow for Woodley. He should work his boxing the rest of the year and debut at MW in the New Year.

He has really bad and slow feints that can be read by any experienced high level fighter. Needs a jab. Needs better distance control. Was too slow for Woodley. He should work his boxing the rest of the year and debut at MW in the New Year.
He has the opposite of distance control. He jumps in the phone booth with a telegraphed load up and bunny hop and throws 1 or 2 straights with his hands down. It’s absurd that he got this far without being exposed. If wonderboy worked in his boxing he would have shown us before.

He has the opposite of distance control. He jumps in the phone booth with a telegraphed load up and bunny hop and throws 1 or 2 straights with his hands down. It’s absurd that he got this far without being exposed. If wonderboy worked in his boxing he would have shown us before.

The 1,2 that hurt and ultimately stopped Cowboy was beautiful and done with no set up, in a good way. Unfortunately, the vast majority of his punches are not like that. He needs to take a play from Conor's book and learn to shoot the left with no tell on it. Straight left in MMA is a very dangerous weapon.

The 1,2 that hurt and ultimately stopped Cowboy was beautiful and done with no set up, in a good way. Unfortunately, the vast majority of his punches are not like that. He needs to take a play from Conor's book and learn to shoot the left with no tell on it. Straight left in MMA is a very dangerous weapon.
Cowboy is not a savvy puncher, especially so against a pressure opponent. Cowboy was also 15-20 lbs lighter. Till also didn’t even seriously rock cowboy with a shit ton of clean headstrikes. Point is: everyone was jaded by tills performances against ideal opponents. I’m not saying till is a bad striker, he isn’t. He has horrible habits though and gets away with horrendous errors. I’ve never seen a mt fighter throw straights in the pocket with hands down and chin up. It’s unreal.

No it’s not, it’s in his fundamentals. You can’t just walk up and land a left straight in the pocket without any set ups or defense. He got away with it against prelim and a chin shot Thompson fighting not to lose.
And you can't set up anything if you are too busy nodding your head and making faces.

In his case he is the much bigger guy and he should at least try to Borrachinha/Lionheart his way to a victory.

Again, more savage, less fucking around.

He fought Wonderboy so now he thinks he is Wonderboy.

Swear to god every time he gets hit he's worried about letting his opponent know how he feels instead of planning a counter.

He also beat my favorite Welterweight, who also TKO'd the current middleweight champ.

giphy.gif

UnpleasantWhimsicalGalapagosdove-max-1mb.gif

Even if you scored that fight for Thompson (I did not), basically nothing at all happened in the fight except for a knockdown from Till.

Till-Wonderboy was a darn close fight - but I think Bisping was spot on with his critique about Thompson not fighting with any urgency

IMHO the level of MMA in UK is not that good. You can find a lot of sloppiness and lack of proficiency in training. In US there is more money and better trainers.
True, fighters need to be training within an area where their quality of training does not pale in comparison to that of their contemporaries.

Till definitely does not train at the level Tyron or the other champs do. It's not that he wouldn't if he could, it's most likely that he can't where he's at.

Back