Thoughts On Korean Revenge Movies?

If you dont like controversial endings you should probably avoid Lady Vengeance&a bittersweet life

1277501024-ladyvengeance.png

If you dont like controversial endings you should probably avoid Lady Vengeance&a bittersweet life

1277501024-ladyvengeance.png

What the fuck.

ive seen all 3

theyre all great movies, a lil bloody, and very sadistic

What the fuck.

nothing serious.
It gets tough during the last act

btw i love how Chan wook park works with colors, esp. white&red in Lady Vengeance.

HE CUTS HIS OWN TONGUE OUT IN OLD BOY

i think thats fucked up.

never heard of the other two.
Shit dude, spoiler that shit so you don't ruin it for someone.
I saw Old boy and I saw the devil, both great movies.

Agreed. I love the shotgun kick in I Saw the Devil. You know what scene I'm talking about, its one of my favorite action sequences in any film.

If you ever watch a Korean flick, do yourself a favor and watch the films with subtitles.

The dubbed versions are fucking garbage.

Old Boy, I Saw the Devil, and A Bittersweet Life are all quality.

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance is my fav, what a film (As you might expect it's quite depressing though, moreso than Oldboy)
l

yes i agree also my favorite korean flick i think it makes bitersweet life oldboy and i saw the devil seem quite average

The thing aboult Oldboy,and the other two films in the Vengeance trilogy, is that they really make you think "Whose vengeance is this movie truly about?"

Ajeossi, aka "Man from Nowhere" is also really good.

Movies are the only element of Korean pop culture worth indulging in. Sad I missed Pieta in the theatres. Chaser and I saw the Devil were good.

Man from Nowhere I didn't like as much. It was entertaining but it reminded me too much of Bourne and movies like Man on Fire. There's a another more recent movie called the Company Man and I avoided that because it seemed like a ripoff of Man from Nowhere.

Fuck I never watched a Korean movie, got me interested. Are you all koreans btw?

Fuck I never watched a Korean movie, got me interested. Are you all koreans btw?

Besides I Am Korean, I don't think any of us are Koreans.

Korean bbq is the shit though. I have one by my house, $9.99 all you can eat.

You mean A Dirty Carnival and A Bittersweet Life our the best SK movies no one has heard of. The Chaser is pretty boss as well.

No knock on Yellow Sea I enjoyed it quiet a bit more then a lot of people but it does have some issues.

A Bittersweet Life is fairly well known especially bc of the director crossing over to Hollywood and the movie starring Stormshadow.

A Dirty Carnival is pretty mediocre. in fact, it's not good. I love ABL but Yellow Sea is better than both films.

Back