Thought Raquel won pretty clearly

screenshot_20241005_223405_chrome-jpg.1065846
If the fight is 2-2 and the deciding round is a swing round that could go either way it’s not a robbery. Round 1 was razor thin and it went Peña’s way.

If the fight is 2-2 and the deciding round is a swing round that could go either way it’s not a robbery. Round 1 was razor thin and it went Peña’s way.
You keep painting the narrative that it was a round that could go either way and it wasn't.

1,4,5. Pena got tagged multiple times

Didn't really think it was very hard to score. 2,3 Pena, 4,5 Pennington, but thought Raquel had the first by a smaller but clear margin.

In these fights where the score is "even" they shoulda actually score 10-8 rounds accordingly. You have to nearly kill your opponent to get a 10-8. 10-9 should be a close but competitive round, 10-8 is when someone gets dropped, and 10-7 should be win you are about to get KO'd at any point and are hardly standing anymore. Everyone would agree that the 4th and 5th were more Dominate than the 2nd and 3rd if you use damage as the main criteria.

Even with the way they score the fights, Pennington should have have 3/5 rounds. One of the worst Robberies I have ever seen in recent years. It of course happened in a state like Utah which doesn't have as much history with MMA...
Peña was just hungrier, more tenacious and overall the better fighter.

"10-8 is when someone gets dropped" this isn't boxing, a flash knockdown where you're back on your feet 30 seconds later doesn't make it a 10-8 round

The 1st and 5th were close, I really couldn't care less who won. They're both former world champions who were throwing with their eyes closed ffs
Pennington dropped her in the 4th and got a 10-9 while Pena did nothing in the way of damage in 2 & 3 and got the same 10-9. A round like the 4th should be worth more then a razor thin round that is a 10-9.

Im more angry that I was turned into a Pennigton fan out of my hatred for Pena just to get that decision.
I need a shower.

1,4,5. Pena got tagged multiple times

Pennington also got tagged multiple times in r1. Pena was landing some good jabs and counters.

It all came down to that round. The rest were easy to score.

I still gave the first to Pennington, though I can see the case for Pena as well.

Pennington dropped her in the 4th and got a 10-9 while Pena did nothing in the way of damage in 2 & 3 and got the same 10-9. A round like the 4th should be worth more then a razor thin round that is a 10-9.

Bring in 10-9.5 for razor thin rounds, 10-9 for regular rounds, 10-8 for dominant rounds, and 10-7 for near death rounds

Back