Thompson loses to Brown = "omg exposed hype hype"

Tell you the truth i'm not as impressed as most think of Thompson's striking.
Their is just so many holes that i can see. I can't see him doing great vs elite competition.

Dude, the guys' striking is on par with that of the majority of UFC top 5 fighters. I imagine you couldn't actually elaborate on those holes. Honestly, he's just one of those guys from a striking background whose positional grappling weaknesses are holding him back. It will be a lot of fun to see if he can fill those particular holes fast enough.

How on earth did mein look great? He got tooled standing except for one body shot, was backing up the whole fight, and gave up like a minute into round 2.

Thompson lost round 1 due to Brown's wrestling (took 0 damage in rd 1 btw), essentially KOed Brown in round 2, gassed somehow and got beat up on he ground, and then got his ass beat in round 3. Even still, he was never close to giving up despite the beating

Admittedly, I've only watched Brown/Mein once so I don't remember it exactly. But I'm sure Mein was winning the stand up at some point. I remember it being a bit of a war as well.

You can't tell me that Thompson came out of the Brown fight looking good at all.

You also have to remember, at the time of Brown/Thompson, Brown was considered to be a can. Where as against Mein, Brown was considered on the verge of being a contender. So people will remember it how it was when the fight happened.

I was just thinking the same thing. Thompson is talented. He lost to Brown, who is about to challenge for the WW belt. Big deal. Since then, he's looked great.

For the record, I'm not saying Thompson is champ material or anything, but the disgusting writing off of him following a loss to Matt Brown was sad. Dude put up a better fight than Swick, Pyle, Mein, etc...

Tell you the truth i'm not as impressed as most think of Thompson's striking.
Their is just so many holes that i can see. I can't see him doing great vs elite competition.

Compare with those elite UFC fighter in his division, his striking looks good IMO.

Admittedly, I've only watched Brown/Mein once so I don't remember it exactly. But I'm sure Mein was winning the stand up at some point. I remember it being a bit of a war as well.

You can't tell me that Thompson came out of the Brown fight looking good at all.

You also have to remember, at the time of Brown/Thompson, Brown was considered to be a can. Where as against Mein, Brown was considered on the verge of being a contender. So people will remember it how it was when the fight happened.

I realize that, but it still seems people arent giving Thompson's case a second look. He's doing everything you could want from a striker: he's working on his wrestling, he's USING his wrestling, and still manages to perform epic KOs like tonight. I just believe that the dude being a punch line is unfair considering that, in hindsight, going against Matt Brown in your second UFC fight is scary as hell, and although he didnt look good, he showed a ton of toughened and flashes of brilliance.

And nah, aside from the body shot Mein got ducked up. I was rooting for Mein btw, but he did not look like the vet he is supposed to be

Clements is just not a very goods fighter at all. So, tonight didn't really mean much

It's still too early but I like the kid a lot. If he continues to improve his cardio and grappling I think he can go far.

He's 8 fights into his MMA career and fought Matt Brown after 1 fight in the octagon. He's young and will continue to grow. He looked much improved tonight. War Wonderboy.

He's 30, and has a lot of combat sports miles on the body. I don't know if young is how i'd describe him. He's got a few good years left, and hopefully can keep improving. Although someday I'd like to see him lose to Raymond Daniels again.

Mein was dope as fuck in his fight, got a knockdown in Brown and got FOTN. Wonderboy got himself an asswhooping.

He's 30, and has a lot of combat sports miles on the body. I don't know if young is how i'd describe him. He's got a few good years left, and hopefully can keep improving. Although someday I'd like to see him lose to Raymond Daniels again.

Point fighting combat sports, mostly. That's not nearly as much wear and tear. He also looks young, and that generally coincides with a general youthfullness. He probably has a few more years left than you might think.

Yay, he looked good against a nobody. His striking looks nice against guys with no ground game but just like the Brown fight, he will get exposed against anyone who can put him on his back. Let's face it, the guy has spent his entire career kick boxing. He's not going to become that proficient on the ground at age 30.

Mein was dope as fuck in his fight, got a knockdown in Brown and got FOTN. Wonderboy got himself an asswhooping.

Dude literally was running away from Brown and crumpled almost immediately in round 2. Thompson beat the shit out of Brown on the feet in round 2, gassed, and got GnP much more brutally and never gave up.

How on earth did Mein look better? His ground game even looked worst than brown considering he nearly got subbed after failing a sub on a rocked Brown (Baczybski guillotined him lol)

Point fighting combat sports, mostly. That's not nearly as much wear and tear. He also looks young, and that generally coincides with a general youthfullness. He probably has a few more years left than you might think.

more sparring, more competitions, more traveling....it's still very much wear and tear

He's 30? What the fuck, why was I confident he was 25 years old?

Back