Thompson loses to Brown = "omg exposed hype hype"

ROAR**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Mein loses to Brown = "he has so much potential! He'll be back"

Wonder boy did much much better against brown, rocking him badly and surviving all three rounds despite being gassed to shit. Did Sherdog let their hatred of a prospect receiving hype cloud their vision? Thompson is legit, and he's showing that he wants to improve his wrestling.

Hopefully he received his due props.

He's 8 fights into his MMA career and fought Matt Brown after 1 fight in the octagon. He's young and will continue to grow. He looked much improved tonight. War Wonderboy.

That's the mma world. When a prospect loses, he/she is garbage/overrated.

He looked good tonight - how much weight does he cut - not much by the looks of it?

Fortunate to be matched up with one of the worst fighters in the UFC.

What is Chris Clements supposed to be good at?

Looked great tonight. Those punches in his last two combos were right on the button.

Thompson looked awful. Mein looked great.

He looked much better tonight, still needs a lot of work on his cardio though. He looked like he was dying in between rounds. He held it together in the fight though, so props to him.

Tell you the truth i'm not as impressed as most think of Thompson's striking.
Their is just so many holes that i can see. I can't see him doing great vs elite competition.

But what do you think?

Does Stephen Thompson has what it takes to challenge at the top?

he looked AWESOME imo, and his style is so good, I don't see him losing to anyone but the top 3-5 of this division!

So what do you think?

I want to see him fight Whittaker. If he beats Whittaker then put him in there with a high level wrestleboxer.

This makes me feel a lot for Thompson and makes me feel awful for what he's gonna have to endure. He had the misfortune of taking on Brown when he was relatively experienced in MMA fighting and when Matt Brown just happened to be on an incredibly rising surge. One of those things where everything that could possibly go wrong actually went wrong.

And so now he's gonna have to deal with nonstop detractors going off about how even now he's just getting lucky and fighting cans and isn't a legit UFC fighter and is nothing more than meaningless hype.

At least he'll learn how thick his skin will need to be to make it in this business.

Thompson looked awful. Mein looked great.

He looked much better tonight, still needs a lot of work on his cardio though. He looked like he was dying in between rounds. He held it together in the fight though, so props to him.

How on earth did mein look great? He got tooled standing except for one body shot, was backing up the whole fight, and gave up like a minute into round 2.

Thompson lost round 1 due to Brown's wrestling (took 0 damage in rd 1 btw), essentially KOed Brown in round 2, gassed somehow and got beat up on he ground, and then got his ass beat in round 3. Even still, he was never close to giving up despite the beating

to early to tell so far imo, but he has some tools man. if I was a standup fight with his caliber I would be training my TDD like I was Mirko Cro Cop. (prime version)

If he keeps improving his tdd and bjj, I can see that kid making some serious waves.

Back