Thompson loses to Brown = "omg exposed hype hype"

Sherdog and logic are like beer and hard liquor, they shouldnt be mixed, but it doesn't stop people from trying their luck.

He's good, cool, and fun to watch but I still think that he will do poorly against good Muay Thai striking.

He definitely improved his grappling, but I don't see him surviving against the elite top 10 of the WW division.

To be fair, Thompson is 30 and Mein is 23. Thompson has probably already hit the highpoint of his combat sports career while Mein probably hasn't.

Tell you the truth i'm not as impressed as most think of Thompson's striking.
Their is just so many holes that i can see. I can't see him doing great vs elite competition.

internet-typing1.gif

He's good, cool, and fun to watch but I still think that he will do poorly against good Muay Thai striking.

It depends imo. Brown's style is his downfall but fortunately there aren't many at WW that are similar aside from Condit and Diaz.

Stalkers, with a good chin and good combinations will give Wonderboy the most trouble on the feet.

It depends imo. Brown's style is his downfall but fortunately there aren't many at WW that are similar aside from Condit and Diaz.

Stalkers, with a good chin and good combinations will give Wonderboy the most trouble on the feet.

Now this is reasonable criticism of a pro fighter.

ravifreitas said:
Mein was dope as fuck in his fight, got a knockdown in Brown and got FOTN. Wonderboy got himself an asswhooping.

MMAFanX said:

People like you guys don't remember that fight properly, are commenting on it blindly, or have a propensity to when in doubt hate. Wonderboy's lack of TDD, ground game, and cardio, is being conflated with his stand-up. Wonderboy fucked up Brown on the feet. That is a fact. Brown claimed Wonderboy ko'ed him twice on the feet. And Rogan was even saying at one point how much better Wonderboy was on the feet than Brown, with Brown having the huge grappling advantage. Whoever could dictate position would win the fight. Unfortunately in that case for Wonderboy, that was Brown, because usually the far superior wrestler can dictate position.

Wonderboy is one of the better strikers at ww. Muay thai practitioners have proven to have a lot of hubris when it comes to their striking art relative to others. Brown had it before his fight with Wonderboy, and he was eating his words about that afterwards. A lot of fans have it on behalf of muay thai guys too because their cockiness is influential. But then they don't learn from past simple analyses like fighter x will beat fighter y because muay thai > karate/tkd, etc; only to make the same mistake again next time. Everybody is an individual. You can do better, more complex analyses as fans who post on an MMA forum.

Last edited:
Back