Social This Orca/Shark video looks fake. Edit: It's real

faker than Melania's love for Trump

I've seen Orcas kill things in person multiple times. They either ram them like that or slap things with their tails. The worst one I saw was 2 Orca rip a Harbor Porpoise in half, then played keep away, with the unborn fetus of a porpoise. They had that little pink porpoise on their heads for like 15 minutes.
I’m so jealous, I had wanted to see them when we were in Norway. Unfortunately we weren’t far enough north

I've seen Orcas kill things in person multiple times. They either ram them like that or slap things with their tails. The worst one I saw was 2 Orca rip a Harbor Porpoise in half, then played keep away, with the unborn fetus of a porpoise. They had that little pink porpoise on their heads for like 15 minutes.
I am not seeing any well known media sources carrying this footage so that is one red flag. The main red flag for me is that when the Orca hits and the resulting spray of water and waves does not look natural.

Orca looks too massive compared to that Great White. That's if it's an adult Great White.

Why would that be fake
The appearance of the spray and the waves. Doesn't look right.

You know how some computer generated images of people are obvious fakes because the portion of the image where their feet touches the ground just looks 'wrong' ; looks unorganic and like it is 2 different images. I get the seem feeling here.

The appearance of the spray and the waves. Doesn't look right.

You know how some computer generated images of people are obvious fakes because the portion of the image where their feet touches the ground just looks 'wrong' ; looks unorganic and like it is 2 different images. I get the seem feeling here.
It looks real to me. If you look at the shark's fin just before impact it looks like he was just under the surface. The orca wasn't attacking from underneath so it makes sense that when he closed the distance that he would breach the water as he made contact. If it's fake it looks a lot better than Cameron's effort on The Way of Water.

It looks real to me. If you look at the shark's fin just before impact it looks like he was just under the surface. The orca wasn't attacking from underneath so it makes sense that when he closed the distance that he would breach the water as he made contact. If it's fake it looks a lot better than Cameron's effort on The Way of Water.
Very odd that there would be a drone videoing it. I follow a channel called MalibuArtist that drone videos sharks but he does it from much greater height. In this video the drone is focused in on this shark ; makes me suspicious.

That spray and waves just look like it is out of scale relative to the ocean. Like it was from a much smaller water disturbance that has been clipped into this video.

Last edited:
Very odd that there would be a drone videoing it. I follow a channel called MalibuArtists that drone videos sharks but he does it from much greater height. In this video the drone is focused in on this shark ; makes me suspicious.

That spray and waves just look like it is out of scale relative to the ocean. Like it was from a much smaller water disturbance that has been clipped into this video.
It all looks legit to me. Even the shark turning the last moment when it finally sensed the orca closing in. It seems like the splash you would get with the orca breaching the water just before the strike to get it's weight on top of the shark. What I would find suspicious is if the rest of the video can't be produced. With today's technology it's hard to tell what's legitimate so anything is possible.

I’m so jealous, I had wanted to see them when we were in Norway. Unfortunately we weren’t far enough north
I grew up sailing Puget Sound and run a fishing resort in SE Ak, so I'm fortunate to see them often. They are incredible animals, I've been in tiny row boats with them around me, and they are very gentle and curious. I've also seen them bash a huge male Stellar Sea lion, and move at incredible speeds while diving all around my fishing boat.

Pretty telling that there has never been a confirmed attack on a human. Shows the intelligence of the Orcas.

Sad part is………the Orca only eats the Sharks liver and leaves the rest.

Most orcas don't just eat the liver, the liver is the first thing they go for. After the kill, the carcass starts sinking, and the orcas have to start fighting off other predators for their kill. So they go for the liver because it's nutrient dense.
There is that one asshole pod off South Africa that is just killing Great Whites just for their livers.

Off-topic, but about orcas.
Back in the late 80's, an orca was observed with a dead salmon on it's head, almost as if she was wearing it as a hat. Shortly after, 3 different pods were observed with orcas running around with dead salmon on their heads.
That fashion trend lasted for a couple of months, then it went away. One younger orca tried to bring the trend back the next summer, but it didn't catch on.

idk it starts out mostly blurry then cuts off immediately. Doesn't give the mind time to process it,

Back