• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This must be wrong - Ian Garry Vs MVP

Chances are Ian's getting knocked out cold way before any 4th or 5th rd. 😁
haha

His post was gone. Maybe Hunter told him his last fight felt like five rounds to watch lol.

I think they want to see more urgency and action / engagement, so 3 will be UFC's choice.

Edit:
I found a link to it on google, but it is on someones tiktok, and those vids won't load on my computer

I think Ian Garry gets exposed. He got ranked highly due to beating Magny and Neil who are themselves both overrated.

Independent MMA rankings have Magny and Neil at #19 and #15 respectively. The UFC ranks them at #12 & #10 respectively. Exactly how does beating them earn Garry a #7 spot? It happened because Geoff Neil himself was overranked by beating Vicente Luque. One fight catapulted him from around #20 to #6 in a single fight. This should never be allowed to happen.

Ian Garry should be ranked at around #14 in the UFC welterweight divsion, and MVP has potential to reach the top 5. I think MVP smokes this overrated clown.
MVP struggled against Mike Perry and got KTFO against Lima. Didn't look too impressive against Kevin Holland who is couple of notches below Magney and Geoff. I expect either a UD or TKO win for Ian

Still makes more sense than those women being 2nd fight on ppv.

But no, stop paying attention to those glitchy Google results people

I think Ian Garry gets exposed. He got ranked highly due to beating Magny and Neil who are themselves both overrated.

Independent MMA rankings have Magny and Neil at #19 and #15 respectively. The UFC ranks them at #12 & #10 respectively. Exactly how does beating them earn Garry a #7 spot? It happened because Geoff Neil himself was overranked by beating Vicente Luque. One fight catapulted him from around #20 to #6 in a single fight. This should never be allowed to happen.

Ian Garry should be ranked at around #14 in the UFC welterweight divsion, and MVP has potential to reach the top 5. I think MVP smokes this overrated clown.
MVP is almost 40 and has beat nobody. His entire style is based on speed and he's slowed noticeably over the last 2-3 years. He's sloppy as fuck.

If you think Garry is improperly ranked based on legit wins over Magny and Neil, imagine where that leaves you with Page and a life or death struggle with Kevin Holland. Also, why no mention of D-Rod?

Garry absolutely embarrasses him everywhere in this fight. Page likely calls it a day from the sport.

I'm rooting for a double KO. Preferably within 10 seconds so I can move on with my life. Otherwise those two will literally spend more time showboating than fighting and the decision will come down to whose dance moves the judges liked best.

Apparently both guys wanted to open the main card according to Dana.

I have to be one of the few that would like to see Garry win this. Not that I'm a big fan of the guy but the way he makes people angry for seemingly no reason is quite humerous. Also when he realized Colby was ducking he decided to fight back in the rankings to stay active when he probably could have waited for someone ranked closer to him.

Garry is a better fighter than mvp hands down. He's more technical and more disciplined.

Garry has to be aware of the danger mvp poses, but this should be an easy win for him.

It could very much go the other way too, @Ares Black. You know I don't care for Ian all that much. Lol, I can't deny that Ian can very much win this. I'd say it's a 60/40 in favor of MVP imo.
I'm rooting for MVP but I have it the other way. I favor Machado-Garry 60/40. I don't like him but he's a little better than I thought.

I'm rooting for a double KO. Preferably within 10 seconds so I can move on with my life. Otherwise those two will literally spend more time showboating than fighting and the decision will come down to whose dance moves the judges liked best.
Even though Machado-Garry beat Neal, he didn't look great doing it. He was scared to engage as the fight went on. He snuck out with a win but I hope this fight isn't anything like his last one. I'm responding to this post because I think it's possible we have a fight like the one you are talking about.

It's gonna be so annoying if this turns into two counter strikers having a staring contest. One of these twats better get KO'd.

I think Bellator bum will be exposed and Garry haters will cry

Should have been a 5 round co main, don't get why ortega is in that slot
Well they likely had to dangle something in front of Ortega to take the fight.

Co main status on a PPV card, maybe even PPV points or something like that.

Dont really like either guy and dont care who wins. Hope itll be a good fight though.

I think that's wrong though. They have Ulberg vs Smith on the prelims and Jourdain vs Jean Silva as the first fight on the early prelims.

Wiki seems more accurate.

View attachment 1048489
I generally don't really care about card placement because I watch every card from start to finish. I was just providing a relatively reliable source showing Garry on the main card.

Back