This main event was much better than Jones vs Glover

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
See lighter weight classes can be entertaining too.

This just in, lighter weight classes can be entertaining too. Thanks so much for the groundbreaking information hasar, you are truly a revolutionary.

I enjoyed the Jones fight a lot. He really put on a show against Glover. But a lot of people kinda figured he would.

Not a lot of people were expecting TJ to literally run circles around Barao. It was beautiful. In that sense it was more entertaining. I'm not a very animated person, I don't watch other sports than MMA - and usually mock those who yell at the TV (behind their backs, of course). But I shouted at the R1 knockdown, and had no choice but to lift my hands in the air at the stoppage. I got sucked into the fight because of TJs shockingly great performance.

Though, if this is just a thread to try to draw in the Weightists for a size debate, I don't want any part of it.

So a one-sided beat down is better than a highly dramatic back and forth war, where each fighter had an equal number of fans thinking their guy won, and is considered by many to be the best LHW title fight ever. Got it.

I think you misread the first post. Nobody thought Glover won that fight, not even his mom.

Jones vs Gus is probably what you're thinking of, and yes it was a much better fight than Barao/Dillashaw.

So a one-sided beat down is better than a highly dramatic back and forth war, where each fighter had an equal number of fans thinking their guy won, and is considered by many to be the best LHW title fight ever. Got it.
Read the thread title again. I know there's a lot of names to keep track of

I would recommend reading the entire post a couple times over before responding with that kind of indignation. You could end up making yourself look a little silly.

I think you misread the first post. Nobody thought Glover won that fight, not even his mom.

Jones vs Gus is probably what you're thinking of, and yes it was a much better fight than Barao/Dillashaw.

This. Both fighters fought tooth and nail for five rounds and I wouldn't have been salty about the decision going either way. That is a good fucking fight. Last night Barao was running at half speed after he should have been freaking finished but he was too tough to stop until he'd taken a good fifteen minutes more punishment. It was a good fight, but not one sent from the heavens. It went pretty much exactly the way everyone thought it would, only with the wrong people being the hammer and the nail.

Dillashaw/Barao was enjoyable because it was such a surprise to see TJ dominating Renan. But the fight wasn't nearly as competitive as Gus/JBJ.

Back