This kid is going to be the future of nogi jiu jitsu

so wait, this kid's been training for 1 year and is whooping browns?
prodigy. i hope he's brazilian, i'll feel less inferior that way.

There are plenty of young guys with a ton of talent that could be future stars, but you never know which ones are gonna get tired of it and end up quitting, struggle once they get to the high level, get hurt ect ect..

But since we're bringing up young guys that could be future stars, here are a few of my teammate's videos from worlds. He won his teen blue belt division with a little bit more than a years worth of training. If I remember correctly, no one scored a point on him.

YouTube - Roberto Nava 2010 World Jiu Jitsu Championships Juvenile Leve (1st Fight)

YouTube - Roberto Nava 2010 World Jiu Jitsu Championships Juvenile Leve (2nd Fight)

thats true, many people lose motivation once they realize they are the top dogs at the gym, they start training less and less and so forth. same sort of thing happens when a UFC contender fights 3 or 4 top caliber opponents, winning decisively to get the belt, wins the championship, then looses his next fight and never peaks again... Forrest griffin for example

A: Anybody can be a prodigy at something if they only ever practice one move. Especially if all you're doing is jumping guard on your opponent

B: The majority of people he was rolling against were either other Sub 101 guys or white belts. What's so impressive about that? Everyone looks great against white belts.

C: Talk about major sand bagging, why was he no gi and his opponents in gi?

Your right. I didn't notice it at all. maybe I was just really into the music lol

thanks for posting the videos guys, both guys show a lot of promise and I hope they stick with it.

I think if the mendez brothers see this video they are going to straight up say phuck it and quit jiu jitsu.

Is that Ari Bolden's son? Anyways, what's so special about these two kids? They're good, but I don't see anything amazing.

Only a year! Jesus that guy is good as FUCK for that period of time. He's under Marcelo Garcia too?

Sergio started training in GA, not sure where he is at now...also he was a blue belt when i met him about 7 months ago.. think he should be close to being a purple now after about a year of training...BJ did it all in three without having to work or go to school on the side, i think this kid might be someone to look for out there in a couple of years.

Sergio started training in GA, not sure where he is at now...also he was a blue belt when i met him about 7 months ago.. think he should be close to being a purple now after about a year of training...BJ did it all in three without having to work or go to school on the side, i think this kid might be someone to look for out there in a couple of years.

Don't mistake publicity for superiority. The guy seems very good and I don't mean to take anything away from him, but there are a boatload of kids in Brazil without access to youtube and video cameras who would likely wreck this joker.

The perception of talent at the lower levels is somewhat warped because the players in Brazil don't always have the $ to come up for the Mundials/Pans even at purple or brown belt.

Example: how many of us had heard of Cobrinha before the Mundials when he came up and won? VERY few. Mendes was just a kid in the sticks training like crazy until he won the blue belt worlds. Had he not had the cash to go compete, he would have remained unknown but equally dangerous and talented.

Im just gonna say what i said in the "Lets see what you look like thread.".

Unless you tell me he is 14, im not ready to say hes the future of NOGI grappling for beating a bunch of dudes in local shows.

If he was smoking guys at Nogi Mundials, Pan Ams, Nationals, Brazilians, or ADCC Trials, id be like, "Wow, thats really impressive. Gonna have to watch for him!", but a good wrestler who looks pretty strong beating dudes at local shows? Come on man...

Dont get me wrong, he looks to be really solid. But the future of Jiu Jitsu?

Anyone could make that comment for any 16 year old who has a great highlight reel full of wins and nice backtakes.

I wonder how many people the "red" kid has hurt with those flying arm bars.

1. Whitebelts shouldn't be doing flying armbars.

2. On the other hand, whitebelts are about the only ones who will fall for flying armbars.

3. Me = not impressed with either guy.

Not to insult your friend but I'm not especially impressed. Not that he's bad, he's pretty good, but I don't see anything exceptional.

Sergio trains at my gym and he is very good. His brother is very good as well. Both of them are incredibly explosive. I've never rolled with his brother, and I've only ever rolled with Sergio once since I outweighed him at the time by like 40 or 50lbs. He smoked me pretty hardcore.

I've also never seen Sergio train in a gi and have no idea if he ever trained in a gi before coming to my gym.

The ginger impressed me. I'm a ginger myself, so it's nice to see somebody from my species do cool shit.

Back