THIS is why Adesanya will never be as good as a striker as prime Anderson was

costa are kidding me who has costa beaten hall who gives up under pressure , yoel robbery who else
I guess those two but his striking is better than leben and honestly a fight between prime Franklin and the best version we have seen on costa is probably bet on costa

I guess those two but his striking is better than leben and honestly a fight between prime Franklin and the best version we have seen on costa is probably bet on costa
i wouldn t favor costa over hendo, belfort ,chael ,griffin or bonnar tough

i wouldn t favor costa over hendo, belfort ,chael ,griffin or bonnar tough
As far as striking? I definitely would over griffin that fought Anderson, Bonnar the same. And all those other guys are wrestlers. Except belfort who I think is a very decent striker to have on your resume’
So I mean that not too much better or really better than Whittaker, gastellum, Romero, and costa

Anderson Silva is the greatest mixed martial artist of all time.

Jon Jones is the only one comparable.

Israel might have a longer career only because he plays it safe, almost annoyingly so. Prime Anderson would have clowned with Romero, maybe have taken a couple of shots but countered eventually for a finish. That or waited for an opening like he did with Vitor. I like how Dana cried when Silva had that one Maia fight but Israel has coasted in a few fights including against Vettori.

Silva hid behind the ref against Maia and you think he would let Romero punch him?

maxresdefault.jpg

Current Adesanya after fighting a guy from the weight class below and way shorter height and reach than himself. Silva never got damaged until his final days.

Silva was subbed buy guys that would be LW and FW for todays standards.

lol @ andy fans getting butthurt every time izzy fights.

I dont remember silva humping a downed opponent or grabbing his opponents ass. Those 3 degrees of queer separation puts silva leagues ahead of izzy.

Yes, knocking out the Forest Griffins of MMA is quite the feat.

Not saying who's better between the two, but i think variety of finishes is actually not that good of a criteria.
If someone comes along and goes 20-0 in the UFC's lightweight division and only ever knocks people out with a 1-2 or a right hook he'd be the undisputed MMA GOAT, despite no variety of finishes at all.

Maybe. But Anderson's striking was on such a high level, he did all those things. Prime Anderson's striking certainly is better than Izzy's.

Is Izzy better? Time will tell. Anderson beat Forrest in 2009 who was the LHW champion in 2008. Griffin beat Rua and Jackson in recent history before that fight.

Could Izzy beat Jones? Cormier? Rua circa 2010? Machida circa 2010? Could he beat contenders like Reyes, Anderson, Gus? Those are the last few LHW champions and recent contenders. I honestly doubt it...

Silva was an extremely unique talent and utterly dominant until he was what, 38? For a speed based counter striker, that's a rarity that's hard to come by.

Yes, knocking out the Forest Griffins of MMA is quite the feat.

Griffin, TUF winner, who popped the cherry for the masses on historic MMA, and also whose victories include:
Shogun Rua
Rampage Jackson
Rich Franklin
Tito Ortiz

I know you just joined in April 2021, but there was MMA before you started watching it.

YA Tittle was not less of a QB because Joe Montana came around.

On the feet, agree. Silva has more power tho.
Imo Silva also had a better ground game, while Izzy has a better tdd.
Overall, if this was a video game, Silva should have higher overall stats, both being very very high
I agree with you.

Israel might have a longer career only because he plays it safe, almost annoyingly so. Prime Anderson would have clowned with Romero, maybe have taken a couple of shots but countered eventually for a finish. That or waited for an opening like he did with Vitor. I like how Dana cried when Silva had that one Maia fight but Israel has coasted in a few fights including against Vettori.
I agree with you on that.
Silva clowned while Israel played it "safe"...
WHile SIlva's was far more aggravating (especially against Maia), I rather see him playing but taking risks than what Israel did against Romero (or even Vettori)

Back