This is how dumb this espn+ deal is

so you never had a cable subscription to buy the ppv from your cable company?

or a fight pass subscription to buy the ppv from fight pass?

The purchase method for bars and restaurants has not changed. its exactly the same as it was before
In the past the PPV’s were available through the UFC.tv app on Roku and did not require a fightpass subscription to order.

There was a time i bought around 20 ppvs in a row...somewhere near the end of chucks reign. Then i probably bought 1 every two years that i really thought was worth 60$. Now, even if i thought this was one of those fights ill pony up for (i don't)....there's no way in hell I'm gonna jump through all those hoops and buy an additional subscription for the right to buy a ppv.

Havn't the number of bars showing ufc also drastically declined?
Do you have a PS4? If so you can just order it on that through the PlayStation Network, no need to jump through any hopes. This is an option in Canada anyway, not sure about elsewhere.

giphy.gif

<mma4>
Why fuck we not have hover shoes yet?!?
Brb

I pay for Fight Pass and stream the rest. It keeps my conscience clear.

It required an internet subscription
I think you mean access, but okay. I’m not sure anyone is downloading any apps for anything without the internet in some form. The point was you didn’t have to have an active fightpass subscription, as was stated in the post I replied to.

you buy the fights to support the ufc.

an entire year of an espn sub is only 20 bucks.

.... then you just buy whichever ppv you want to watch.

people act like you have to learn a secret handshake and get a DNA test and jump thru firey hoops in order to watch a ppv. sign up process was simplesauce for me.

Imagine buying that many ppvs instead of streaming, then making a thread about how dumb something is
In his defense, during the Chuck era, streams were horrible and laggy (not that I know about that personally or anything lol)

Ill buy like 3 4 fights a year,good cards. This one isnt one of them, and its really not worth spending 100$ at the bar for.

You have to pay a cable provider or internet provider to buy a PPV. What an extra $60 per year going to do?
...except there's no extra cost involved.
Prior to the espn+ deal, UFC ppv's cost $60.
Now, they cost $55 + $5 subscription fee which affords you the other content on espn+.

Is streaming reliable though or does it cut out, delay etc.? Is resolution OK?
Can't tell the difference from regular cable. I do have a new router and 50mb/s internet in a populated area. Ymmv

What's dumb is ESPN+ won't allow the feed to go to HDTV via Lightning cable when almost everyone else offering streaming does.

What you’re missing is that UfC has it all covered on their end. They know the average number they would bring in from PPV revenue and they made sure they were covered. I’m sure they get a flat fee for each show or PPV and make more based on how many views they get, how many people buy the PPV, and how many subscriptions they bring in.

There was a time i bought around 20 ppvs in a row...somewhere near the end of chucks reign. Then i probably bought 1 every two years that i really thought was worth 60$. Now, even if i thought this was one of those fights ill pony up for (i don't)....there's no way in hell I'm gonna jump through all those hoops and buy an additional subscription for the right to buy a ppv.

Havn't the number of bars showing ufc also drastically declined?

Is streaming reliable though or does it cut out, delay etc.? Is resolution OK?

Of course it's reliabe and has good resolution. This is 2020, brother. The days of shitty streams and poor video quality are long gone.

What you’re missing is that UfC has it all covered on their end. They know the average number they would bring in from PPV revenue and they made sure they were covered. I’m sure they get a flat fee for each show or PPV and make more based on how many views they get, how many people buy the PPV, and how many subscriptions they bring in.

Maybe espn is the dumb one then. Or maybe it'll work out for both parties. It's just seems that this is about building a streaming service at the cost of the ufc.

I mean can we assume the ppv numbers have plummeted? Are the numbers out? Because after espn has squeezed every ufc that's willing to join they could cut ties. At that point how many former fans have moved on? No longer give a shit?

Espn/Disney has money to burn but at some point they want a return on their investment

Back