This is how dumb this espn+ deal is

kahiljabroni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There was a time i bought around 20 ppvs in a row...somewhere near the end of chucks reign. Then i probably bought 1 every two years that i really thought was worth 60$. Now, even if i thought this was one of those fights ill pony up for (i don't)....there's no way in hell I'm gonna jump through all those hoops and buy an additional subscription for the right to buy a ppv.

Havn't the number of bars showing ufc also drastically declined?

There was a time i bought around 20 ppvs in a row...somewhere near the end of chucks reign. Then i probably bought 1 every two years that i really thought was worth 60$. Now, even if i thought this was one of those fights ill pony up for (i don't)....there's no way in hell I'm gonna jump through all those hoops and buy an additional subscription for the right to buy a ppv.

Imagine buying that many ppvs instead of streaming, then making a thread about how dumb something is

When I have to buy something in order to give you my money.... I'm out. Screw ESPN. They didn't want anything to do with UFC/MMA for years. Wouldn't cover it and instead aired bowling, darts and curling. Again screw ESPN. They'll never get my money.

Imagine buying that many ppvs instead of streaming, then making a thread about how dumb something is

This was like ten years ago. I've done my fair share the other way but every one in a while its worth 60 to avoid the hassle...but not worth the added steps

When I have to buy something in order to give you my money.... I'm out. Screw ESPN. They didn't want anything to do with UFC/MMA for years. Wouldn't cover it and instead aired bowling, darts and curling. Again screw ESPN. They'll never get my money.

It's like buying a license to have the privilege of buying nfl tickets. Get dafuq outa here

Just illegally stream like the rest of us!

tenor.gif

More of a hassle to actually order the cards the illegally stream it.

Luckily the card is so shit, I won't have to worry about either. No way I'm watching that card or staying up late for a stupid main event.

Is streaming reliable though or does it cut out, delay etc.? Is resolution OK?

After the Reebok deal and the push of womens MMA nothing surprises me anymore.

I've actually enjoyed ESPN +...just saying

I haven't seen a Bar with a UFC event for 50 years, and I used to be the same buying almost every card until I got told I was not a real MMA fan if I didn't like Midget fighting & soccer mom's and not being a real fan for not paying 60$ a month for that.
So what they want more money now for there Magnet/Midget/Soccer Mom crap ?

Last edited:
I don't even watch half the events now for free, most of the time I'm bored to sleep by watching magnets trying to touch before a fight that I might actually want to see comes on

You have to pay a cable provider or internet provider to buy a PPV. What an extra $60 per year going to do?

I was pissed about the whole ESPN+ at first, but I like it after having it for a while. I figured I would do the free trial and got sucked in after it was over. For $5 a month all of the Fight Night Cards, Early Prelims, Tuesday Night Contender series, and PFL cards makes it worth it for me for the MMA content alone.

There is a ton of other content on there too if you like other sports. I also dig the boxing and 30 for 30 documentaries. Like I said I hated the Idea of it at first, but I don't mind shelling out the extra $5 a month for it now that I've had it for the last year or so.

Last edited:

What really chaps my ass is Disney owning part of ESPN. Marvel, star wars, and now my beloved UFC.

5 bucks a month got you out here looking stressed

Back