This is a Joke Right?

TexasDrugAddict**

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Floyd might fight some 52yr old.

Meanwhile Roger confirmed he received a proposal for a tuneup fight with Northern California's Paul Nave, who has a 20-9-2 record with eight knockouts. Nave, a San Anselmo, Calif., resident known as the "Marin County Assassin," is a former WBF world welterweight champion. He had three notable battles against three-time world champion and Hall of Famer Greg Haugen, best known as the fighter who ruined Hector "Macho" Camacho's unbeaten record.

However, the last of those brawls was in 1998, and Nave retired the next year to have back surgery. He returned in 2009 and is 5-1 since. Perhaps the most conspicuous statistic on Nave is that he is 52 years old.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-mayweather-nephew-considers-bout-035005925--spt.html

Is Roger really serious about Floyd fight Nave.

I would believe it if Floyd Sr was fighting that guy.

They always throw out some ridiculous name right before Floyd announces a fight.

They always throw out some ridiculous name right before Floyd announces a fight.

Like when they said he'd fight Roberto Guerrero's name before the Cotto fight. Ridiculous.

I remember them saying they were looking at Spadafora right before the Ortiz fight too.

Matthew Hatton was thrown out before the Mosley fight? Or was it Ortiz. He is legit now Canelo beat him.

Yep, Hatton was another one.

I think they do this intentionally so that people get a bit more excited when he picks whoever he picks.

Floyd knows how to troll the fans. Nothing new. He ain't fighting Nave.

There's no way.Floyd would catch so much flack. Sounds like major bullshit.

wouldnt surprise me tbh, I wish somehow he was forced to retire after him being such a coward over not facing manny, dude, your career is over from that point on, your credibility has hit the line, your were a fantastic fighter of your time and you were yellow in ducking a dangerous opponent, cause for me, I couldnt care less about his 0 and whos he beat, he ducked the only single guy that probably would have at least floored him. Guy is a joke.

wouldnt surprise me tbh, I wish somehow he was forced to retire after him being such a coward over not facing manny, dude, your career is over from that point on, your credibility has hit the line, your were a fantastic fighter of your time and you were yellow in ducking a dangerous opponent, cause for me, I couldnt care less about his 0 and whos he beat, he ducked the only single guy that probably would have at least floored him. Guy is a joke.

Floyd's fought everyone he was accused of ducking aside from Manny. The whole ducking thing started long before the Pacman heat started up. They said he tried to duck Cotto, Mosley, Margarito and JMM. The only reason he didn't fight Marg was because Marg fucked himself and the idea of a fight between them was highly criticized. This isn't the old days were Marcianno and Robinson could pad out their career with a tonne of cans. A top fighter fighting guys like that would be highly frowned upon.

Floyd's fought everyone he was accused of ducking aside from Manny. The whole ducking thing started long before the Pacman heat started up. They said he tried to duck Cotto, Mosley, Margarito and JMM. The only reason he didn't fight Marg was because Marg fucked himself and the idea of a fight between them was highly criticized. This isn't the old days were Marcianno and Robinson could pad out their career with a tonne of cans. A top fighter fighting guys like that would be highly frowned upon.

He did step it up a lot more as of recent years, but I'm just going to go ahead and say and that he could've certainly done a lot more. Easily the most skilled fighter of his era, I have him beating everybody, but in terms of accomplishment P4P rankings will see him ranked below Pacquiao. He had no business with either Baldomir, Marquez nor a fattened Hatton, ODLH was old, but was still a somewhat relevant fight I believe. I'll give him all the credit in the world for the Cotto win, but that Mosley was a shell of his old self. Plus that whole silly retirement pissed off a lot of people and I'd say out of everything he's ever done... That was probably the greatest mistake of all; at that point in time Mosley still had 'something' in him, it was pre-Margacheato and he still hadn't fought Cotto. Instead he was content off of retiring with wins against an irrelevant B-class fighter in Baldomir, Old De La Hoya and Fattened Hatton, when he could've easily continued fighting much better competition and pretty much cruise to a UD through all of them.

The only reason he didn't fight Marg was because Marg fucked himself and the idea of a fight between them was highly criticized.

No it wasn't, it was very relevant in 2006-2008.

On the whole though I think that both Mayweather and Pac have defended against the best for the most part in the last few years. Floyd should have fought Cotto and SSM a little earlier but I do give him credit for his wins over them. The Margarito duck is forgotten now because he turned out to be a cheating scumbag. Both he and Pac have been accused of cherry picking but I don't think that was the case at all aside from not facing each other. The main criticism of Mayweather should be that he doesn't fight often enough.

I used to get a laugh from these type of rumors (Magic Matt, Spadafora) but they never turned out to be true.

No it wasn't, it was very relevant in 2006-2008.

Do you have a problem with the competition Floyd fought at that time?

Ducking and fighting better fighters aren't really the same thing.

Do you have a problem with the competition Floyd fought at that time?

Ducking and fighting better fighters aren't really the same thing.

He should of fought Margarito and others during his fake\wwe retirement. Floyd's competition has been fine since Mitchell but he ducked out in 2008 when the WW division got hot.

He should of fought Margarito and others during his fake\wwe retirement. Floyd's competition has been fine since Mitchell but he ducked out in 2008 when the WW division got hot.

Margarito lost twice between 2007-2009. The only time there was REAL demand for Floyd/Tony was after Cotto/Tony and Tony immediately got stomped by Mosley. Margarito was never able to win enough big fights in a row to be taken seriously. Lost to Santos, beat up Kermit Cintron. Lose to Paul Williams, beat up Kermit Cintron. That cycle repeated all the way up to his last big fight against Pacquiao.

Margarito lost twice between 2007-2009. The only time there was REAL demand for Floyd/Tony was after Cotto/Tony and Tony immediately got stomped by Mosley. Margarito was never able to win enough big fights in a row to be taken seriously. Lost to Santos, beat up Kermit Cintron. Lose to Paul Williams, beat up Kermit Cintron. That cycle repeated all the way up to his last big fight against Pacquiao.

Floyd ducked him on camera. Don't be in denial. So what if he lost to Williams? If Mayweather would have fought Margo/Cotto/Williams/SSM during that time any of those would have been the biggest wins of his career. He retired instead. I like Mayweather and buy all his fights but he missed out on some big fights.

Floyd ducked him on camera. Don't be in denial. So what if he lost to Williams? If Mayweather would have fought Margo/Cotto/Williams/SSM during that time any of those would have been the biggest wins of his career. He retired instead. I like Mayweather and buy all his fights but he missed out on some big fights.

He had a number of hand problems, which is expected of someone who had been boxing since they were like 2.

I am glad he took time off and restore himself as best he can. His legs are not as durable anymore, but his hands are more so than ever. People got to do what the gots to do.

I would have loved to see those fights as well. I am confident he would have won all of those. If he still had the speed he did from 2007-2009, he would have crushed Cotto so bad, along with all the others.

Floyd fought Hatton ( a good fight IMO) in December of 2007, 1 month after Shane Mosley lost to Cotto. Cotto lost to Margarito in July of 2008 followed by him losing to Mosley in 2009. Who was Mosleys next opponent?

Floyd fought Hatton ( a good fight IMO) in December of 2007, 1 month after Shane Mosley lost to Cotto. Cotto lost to Margarito in July of 2008 followed by him losing to Mosley in 2009. Who was Mosleys next opponent?

Mosley looked a lot fresher in 2006-2007 and all the guys I mentioned were a step slower because they all fought each other while Floyd took time off. I give him credit for beating Mosley and Cotto later but those would have been much bigger wins only a few years prior. He still has a great record despite this and fighters careers are never perfect...but I really wanted to see Mayweather v Cotto in 2008, that would have been huge for sporting reasons and not just hype.

Back