This is a Joke Right?

Floyd has made a career out of beating fighters at the right time, p4p my f'n ass, anyone that even mentions this clown in the same sentance as a Robinson needs a reality check. What I'd have given to have seen Pernell Whitaker demolish him.

We may not always agree, but I always respect your opinion. Can you please explain the above statement.

I guess because he was an undefeated lineal champ at 140 and abc titlist at 147?

We may not always agree, but I always respect your opinion. Can you please explain the above statement.
I can't believe you'd ask to be honest.
I shouldn't have to explain why two top 10 p4p ranked, undisputed, undefeated champions of their weight classes fighting each other is a good thing do I?

Mosley looked a lot fresher in 2006-2007 and all the guys I mentioned were a step slower because they all fought each other while Floyd took time off. I give him credit for beating Mosley and Cotto later but those would have been much bigger wins only a few years prior. He still has a great record despite this and fighters careers are never perfect...but I really wanted to see Mayweather v Cotto in 2008, that would have been huge for sporting reasons and not just hype.

Mosley turned down a fight with Floyd around that time.

It's Guerrero no doubt. Floyd is ducking this guy just like he ducked Paul Spadafora, Matthew Hatton, and The Magic Man Malignaggi.

What a cherry picker.

I can't believe you'd ask to be honest.
I shouldn't have to explain why two top 10 p4p ranked, undisputed, undefeated champions of their weight classes fighting each other is a good thing do I?

Hatton was a 140lber through and through, and minus the 10 second KD, he didn't look spectacular at his one showing @ 147 prior to the Mayweather fight. Floyd's always going to be a favorite against anybody he fights, but was there even any doubt as to who would win this fight? Floyd was bigger and not only was he naturally much more skilled, but he was also an absolutely stylistic nightmare to Hatton. At that point in time, a potential Cotto/Margarito/Mosley match-up, all of whom are natural welterweights, would've made a much more sensible match-up and each and everyone one of them would've been considered a very live underdog.

Hatton was a 140lber through and through, and minus the 10 second KD, he didn't look spectacular at his one showing @ 147 prior to the Mayweather fight. Floyd's always going to be a favorite against anybody he fights, but was there even any doubt as to who would win this fight? Floyd was bigger and not only was he naturally much more skilled, but he was also an absolutely stylistic nightmare to Hatton. At that point in time, a potential Cotto/Margarito/Mosley match-up, all of whom are natural welterweights, would've made a much more sensible match-up and each and everyone one of them would've been considered a very live underdog.

Hatton was actually a title holder and ranked top 10 at 147 when he fought Floyd.I think he was ranked higher P4P than Cotto/Tony and Mosley.

Also, Hatton may have once been a 140 pound fighter, Floyd was once a 130 pound fighter.

Hatton was a very good opponent for Floyd.

I broke down the Cotto/Mosley/Tony thing already. Mosley lost a month before that Hatton fight. Cotto then lost to Tony who got beat to shit by Mosley who Floyd schooled.

Its ridiculous that people try to act as thought two undisputed, undefeated champions fighting each other was no big deal just to discredit a fighter they don't care for.

Hatton was actually a title holder and ranked top 10 at 147 when he fought Floyd.I think he was ranked higher P4P than Cotto/Tony and Mosley.

Also, Hatton may have once been a 140 pound fighter, Floyd was once a 130 pound fighter.

Hatton was a very good opponent for Floyd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Floyd also offer to fight Hatton at 140 when he was at that weightclass, but Hatton turned it down?

He will be fighting Robert the ghost, the only other imaginable fight for him is Canelo which wont happen till after the ghost fight

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Floyd also offer to fight Hatton at 140 when he was at that weightclass, but Hatton turned it down?

He fought Gatti instead of Tszyu and Hatton because they fought each other. Supposedly Hatton turned down Floyd to fight Tszyu.

Back