• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media This happened 17 years ago...what when through your mind after witnessing it?

Well, I'd seen the whooping Rampage had put on Chuck in PRIDE, so this was expected, but I won't say I wasn't pumped and excited to see this happen. I was sending gifs of that KO to known Chuck fans for weeks after that fight.

Well, I'd seen the whooping Rampage had put on Chuck in PRIDE, so this was expected, but I won't say I wasn't pumped and excited to see this happen. I was sending gifs of that KO to known Chuck fans for weeks after that fight.
At the time though a lot of popular feeling was Rampage was not the same after his loses to Wand and Shogun, he'd looked quite passive in the run after that with many feeling Lindland actually beat him.

I strongly guess Dana felt the same, he thought it was a chance to get Chuck his win back, indeed I think all Chucks loses in that run were in matches he was favourite in beforehand which I think Dana booked him to win, Rashad was on a rather unimpressive run almost losing to Bisping, Shogun looked less than great vs Coleman.

At the time though a lot of popular feeling was Rampage was not the same after his loses to Wand and Shogun, he'd looked quite passive in the run after that with many feeling Lindland actually beat him.

I strongly guess Dana felt the same, he thought it was a chance to get Chuck his win back, indeed I think all Chucks loses in that run were in matches he was favourite in beforehand which I think Dana booked him to win, Rashad was on a rather unimpressive run almost losing to Bisping, Shogun looked less than great vs Coleman.

You've been here for 17 years but still don't know the difference between "loses" and "losses".

While people on here like to pretend at how stacked cards used to be, the UFC 71 card was objectively laughable in how shallow it was.

72 was somehow worse.

To be honest I’m more upset to learn that this was 17 years ago than I was to see it happen
Yeah. That's the real violence here.

I had a similar experience in another, similar thread which also involved a photo of chocolate L laying unconscious where I learned his fight with Rashad was 16 fucking years ago. Ugh.

"There are"
anigif_original-grid-image-5355-1431355295-27.gif

What went through my mind is that was holy cow 17 years ago...

And my reaction was not surprised. Didn't watch MMA when Dana was Chuck's manager and took Chuck to get his ass whooped in Pride against Rampage in the first fight though.

I was crushed! Chuck was my favorite and I was sure he would exact revenge in the most brutal fashion. I was so sad. He should’ve listened to Hackleman. I can’t believe that was 17 years ago, I’m so old.

Yes, Dana was letting Chuck dictate his title opponents and have chances to take back his Ls. Dana signed Jeremy Horn after Horn hadn't been in the UFC for several years, just to let Chuck get his L back, and it happened. I suppose Dana had confidence that Chuck would get one back against Rampage, he was like a giddy schoolgirl when it came to Chuck, but it would have been necessary to adjust from the first fight. Rampage genuinely knocked out Chuck with the same right hook he threw repeatedly in their first fight, and Chuck again "didn't follow the gameplan" smh

Back