This guy took Overeems soul

I often think about that as well. He's either going to be an exception to the rule or take a HARD turn for the worst out of nowhere.

He's gonna end up like Gary Goodridge in a few years, no way he gets away with that many KO's.

I've been saying for a few years now he needs to retire for his own health.

I'd bet that's a hard thing to do because he's still competitive and gets cut big checks.

He literally knocked him out just by grabbing him in the back of the head. Godamn overeem has a shit chin

He's gonna end up like Gary Goodridge in a few years, no way he gets away with that many KO's.

Oddly enough he's been put out cleanly more times than Big Daddy I think. Bug Daddy has taken some prolonged beatings resulting in conscious but brutal TKOs

I'm seriously worried for his health. Not only the physical trauma but his mental health due to the side effects of concussions as he ages.

Usada never gave him the chance to shine as Ubereem.

Can someone put together a long GIF or video of every time Overeem got knocked out?

It's strange how lucid and sharp he seems to be mentally, considering all the head trauma and KOs he's taken.

17 KOs and 78 fights total in MMA and K-1.

Yikes.
Scary to think where he'll be in a few years. He might seem good to go now, but there's a great chance when get's into his 40's that wont be the case anymore.

Brain damage comes from cutting weight mostly u need water to protect mucus membrane

His soul is intact he has limited signs of CTE and is still killing or getting killed. Even when he’s tentative like the Stipe fight he nearly knocked him out and subbed him

OddballEmotionalBee-size_restricted.gif
Chuck was really fast back then
BtX7fp0.gif

Hoffman was a bad mofo.

yeah bobby the truth hoffmann. Aka the bad seed. went to jail for beating his wife. Almost killed her. Lots of anecdotal stories out there, and if they’re to be believed, he doesn’t sound like a good person.
All that ended when he was afraid to fight Fedor and forfeited before the fight.
Reading the second quote, to bad fedor didnt had the chance to put a servere beating on his ass.

I think that is the reason he is so lucid. Overeem can be KOd so easily that he avoids severe brain trauma like <HisEye>, I mean look into his fight history and the head strikes he has taken compared to fighters who have fought within the period he has fought, I could bet he is near about half the amount of strikes taken to head.

If you can easily be KOd early in your career, you could be saving yourself from severe head trauma because you avoid the abuse from having a diamond chin, which turns into a glass chin.
#science

The Reem has Journeyed into the Unconscious Realm so many times he has set up a workspace there... The guys really an anomaly in the fight game, most fighters get smashed a few times and lose confidence, then get hesitant and gun shy and can’t put it together anymore. Honestly you’ve gotta appreciate the fact that Overeem has been brutally slept so many times and then comes back and puts on impressive performances, especially predicated around his striking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back