This Colby vs Olivera talk go me thinking.....how does Olivera vs Leon go???

JKS

77+&--#rT....
@plutonium
Reaction score
What are we thinking???? If Olviera moves to 170 we could possibly see this somehow.

Olivera vs Leon.

Leon would UD him.

I would love to see Colby vs Oliveira though. I think Oliveira would get him.

Former FW who's been fighting for like 15 years vs. full-size WW in his prime. Edwards stays on his feet (and makes it back to his feet quickly if Charles somehow takes it to the ground). Edwards wins the stand-up in a dominant though not very exciting way.

Former FW who's been fighting for like 15 years vs. full-size WW in his prime. Edwards stays on his feet (and makes it back to his feet quickly if Charles somehow takes it to the ground). Edwards wins the stand-up in a dominant though not very exciting way.

While agree Leon would be the favorite, I wouldn't count out Do Bronx completely. Leon is far from a full sized WW. He's one of the smaller WW champions.

Leon would UD him.

I would love to see Colby vs Oliveira though. I think Oliveira would get him.
I dunno man, I've never really seen colby in trouble on the ground, I think it goes more like the maia fight.

Nobody knows how much good weight he's able to add and how it translates to fighting at WW.

Last edited:
Oli might catch him as hes way more dangerous than Diaz or Barb who hurt Leon badly. But the default pick is Leon via ud.

I dunno man, I've never really seen colby in trouble on the ground, I think it goes more like the maia fight.

Colby looked dogshit last time out, haven't fought a lot for a long time, Oliveira is in his prime. p4p, armen is better.

Colby looked dogshit last time out, haven't fought a lot for a long time, Oliveira is in his prime. p4p, armen is better.
Pretty sure colby just holds him down. Oliveria has been held down by wrestlers a few times now. safe to say could could do the same colby` mostly held woodley down too.

Of course he has a chance if it stays on the feet the whole time

Pretty sure colby just holds him down. Oliveria has been held down by wrestlers a few times now. safe to say could could do the same colby` mostly held woodley down too.

Of course he has a chance if it stays on the feet the whole time
Colby hasn't really tangled with someone with Charles' grappling while they're fresh though. There's a reason he avoided Maia's ground game until he gassed.

Don't really see why you'd bring up the Woodley fight since that's a completely different fighter stylistically than Charles.

Leon would win. While things could get dicey in a couple positions, overall, Leon is too strong and has too good of wrestling defense to be threatened by Charles' subs. On the feet, if Leon plays it smart, I see no reason why Charles should have the advantage. Leon is more accurate, longer, and has more variety there than Charles.

Meanwhile, Colby is a safer opponent for Charles. While Colby has the wrestling advantage, I doubt he wants to play in Charles' guard. I think Charles would have the advantage on the feet which would force Colby to panic wrestle and well, Charles eats up the panic wrestlers. Colby doesn't have the top control and methodical wrestling and grappling style that poses challenges for Charles.

Colby hasn't really tangled with someone with Charles' grappling while they're fresh though. There's a reason he avoided Maia's ground game until he gassed.

Don't really see why you'd bring up the Woodley fight since that's a completely different fighter stylistically than Charles.
Woodley is big and strong wrestler and colby could hold im down. Just an example of an even bigger fighter woodley could hold down.

I don't see Leon making enough mistakes standing for Charles to really implement the "rock-em -> sub-em" gameplan that led him to great success.
Colby on the other hand..

Badly for Oliveira. Now Colby is way more winnable since he is pillowfisted and a mediocre grappler

Woodley is big and strong wrestler and colby could hold im down. Just an example of an even bigger fighter woodley could hold down.
Sure, but Woodley's strength is wrestling, not BJJ. Getting him down is a tough task, but holding him down isn't nearly as hard. In the skid Colby caught Tyron in, Woodley had been controlled 26 minutes combined between Kamaru and Gilbert, and that was with 2 takedowns conceded in each fight.

That's not to say Colby couldn't beat Charles, but I really doubt he'd be aiming to outwrestle him early. He already got caught in a guillotine once before, and Charles is deadly at that.

Charles only wins brawls.

Fighters like Islam and Leon are too tactically smart and solid at range management that Charles would have no shot of winning.

Leon also doesn't like to play with fire so he'd likely just point strike his way to a decision victory.

Back