Things your parents taught you that now finally agree with

It's just a saying. Having strength in numbers in order to preserve the culture sort of like Native Americans. Nothing more than that.

White Americans should listen to this wisdom ^
Most have learned to be ashamed and cower when it comes to such issues though. Can be funny.

My parents never told me any thing worth a shit, but my grandpa told me " Nothing beats hard work" and " You are a good kid". Didn't really agree at the time, but now I do.

I hang on every word my Dad says and have since I was a kid... I don't know a person greater than him. If I turn out to be even half the Man he is, I'll be doing good.

My Dad told me if you are helping a buddy move, he needs to put up his wife's or girlfriends butt up as payment.

the more knowledgeable you are the more you are worth

I remember the exact moment my father said this to me and i remember it quite often

I see many of you posted about youthful arrogance many times and im sure i was arrogant in my teenager years but i was always aware that i didnt know shit and that becoming successful was gonna be hard as fuck if it ever happened at all

Im sure my parents were responsible for this but i just cant pin point any quotes about that

You'd think they would learn to look that shit up with how easily accessible information is. I think he's testing you. Had a kid ask me a question and I gave him my best guess, because I wasn't sure. 2mins later he's calling bullshit on me, after he looked it up, lol.

unfortunately he's too damn lazy to do that. when he was at his dad's the majority of the time, he literally never had to do anything for himself, so he tries to get me and his mom to do everything for him here. I don't deal with that crap, so eventually, he'll get the picture and start just doing things on his own.

main thing that came to mind

"you'll understand when you grow up"
"you think you know everything now, but you don't know shit"
"you'll look back on this one day and realize i was right"

shit like that my dad used to say to me between the ages of about 16 and 20. I thought he was old and dumb. Now I realized how young and stupid I was at the time.

No Idea how to approach the instances that lead to my dad saying those things, with my kids once they are older. Certainly cant learn from how my Dad handled me, as I completely brushed him off.

So many times my life would have been easier had I accepted that I didnt know what i was doing, and listened to someone more experienced.

So much truth

But I feel like that's part of life man you have to
Make your own mistakes so you can learn and grow from them.

Back