Things that Jon did that surprised you against DC

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
I picked DC to win, but figured it could go either way.
Now considering who DC trains with(Cain, a guy notorious for pushing oppenents against the cage), you would think that DC wouldve been able to do that to Jones.
Instead Jones proceeds to get the upper hand almost every time and hold DC against the fence.

Raising his hands in victory then throwing in a shot after the fact.

I know they have a feud, I know Jones is now a 'heel', etc... but I was surprised at that act nevertheless. By comparison, I was not surprised at all by him apologizing to Cormier for the eye poke and them tapping gloves. I expected that, did not expect the poor sportsmanship at the end of the fight.

Raising his hands in victory then throwing in a shot after the fact.

I know they have a feud, I know Jones is now a 'heel', etc... but I was surprised at that act nevertheless. By comparison, I was not surprised at all by him apologizing to Cormier for the eye poke and them tapping gloves. I expected that, did not expect the poor sportsmanship at the end of the fight.

I think before that round Jackson told him "Go lose some fans!''

nothing really surprised me about jon. It was an awesome fight but it went as i expected it to go when both men were fresh. high level stuff

Surprised they touched gloves so many times.

surprised at first that jon didnt use his reach and attack at range, but he tends to try beat his opponents at their own game so idk why i was surprised by that.

surprised that dc was able to jab at jones though. thought jones would be able to avoid DCs punches pretty easily.

was not surprised he punched DC after he put his hands back down, protect yourself at all times folks.

I expected more of the Odd angle kicks to the knee like he did to Rampage

I was pleasantly surprised that both guys just went at it full bore from the get go. They were there to fight. Both those guys usually bring it, so thats not that surprising, its just that I get used to these big fights where guys are afraid to make mistakes so they don't do anything but measure each other out for a couple rounds. My hats off to both of these guys for coming to fight. i actually don't think cormier expected that pace from the get go. jones was willing to put himself at risk to try and hurt the other guy. say what you want about jones, but he attacks.

was surprised jones was breathing heavy in rd 3. assuming that's attributable to the pace DC was pushing. i just though jones would been better there there with the cardio.

i was also surprised jones didn't use a jab to keep DC at bay.

I was pleasantly surprised that both guys just went at it full bore from the get go. They were there to fight. Both those guys usually bring it, so thats not that surprising, its just that I get used to these big fights where guys are afraid to make mistakes so they don't do anything but measure each other out for a couple rounds. My hats off to both of these guys for coming to fight. i actually don't think cormier expected that pace from the get go. jones was willing to put himself at risk to try and hurt the other guy. say what you want about jones, but he attacks.

ill give you this and i dislike JJ about as much as anyone the man is a talent for sure though. i really thought cormier had the fight going into the third but jones showed why he keeps that strap at home.

People blame it on DC being tired rather than giving Jones credit (of course), but I was very surprised that Jones was able to take him down several times. Most of them weren't even anything that tricky or fancy, just straight double legs off of the fence.

surprised at first that jon didnt use his reach and attack at range, but he tends to try beat his opponents at their own game so idk why i was surprised by that.

That's because DC didn't let him ... not because Jones wanted to fight from close.

It takes two to tango ... DC wasn't having any of that long distance fighting.

i was surprised he let DC grab his gloves & shorts and hit him after the bell.
that seemed pretty out of character to allow another fighter to foul him without getting a point taken away.
:redface:

Jones did a pretty good job at landing strikes while being pressured backwards. his striking seems to have slightly improved to me, but that's just how I saw things...

I am not trolling or being false here, but the lack of eye pokes were extremely surprising. And I liked it.

I was surprised that Jones was able to nullify Cormier's wrestling, he pretty much made it a non-factor.

Back