Things that are surprisingly worse with new technology

Health.

For example, processed foods are destroying entire generations of people. When we ate simple foods, unfucked with by technology, everyone was better off.

Now we have land whales and all sorts of decrepit zombies roaming the earth.
I could have SWORN that the US has a deadline for stopping the usage of preservatives and other crap that shouldn't be in food. I thought it was 2030 but I could be wrong.

Edit: I just did a google search but found nothing. Kinda strange.

Waterbeds.
This went over my head, but now I've invented a waterbed plus technology...

Jacuzzi waterbed!

Flow water through it to a heater/chiller unit for the perfect temp and mount upward facing jacuzzi jets throughout the floor of the bladder that'll blast your bod with concentrated peace.

So maybe tech could make these better?

The PS2 days were the lest GREAT days for video gaming.
They were great times. Cool games as well as the console having a DVD player. Played a lot of Tony Hawk, SSX, Gran Turismo, Tekken & Tiger Woods. Still have all of my games.

I've noticed many times when I talk to people on the phone, there's a delay that causes us to talk over each other because we think the other person is done talking.

I don't ever remember this being an issue with old landline phones. Feels like it cropped up once everything went to cellular and VOIP.

What other things have inexplicably gotten worse as technology has gotten better?
you always lose something when you gain something, that's my thoughts. It's great having so much music at our fingertips but I find it's more a pain in the ass to quickly access it, to rely on it to play back without my phone fucking up with the cord to the car speaker or some heavy advertising or some shit. I hardly even listen to my huge catalogue on my phone because I rarely am sitting in one place and the way things are set to bluetooth or my car stereo makes things so unreliable that I usually do not have the time to fuck with shit when they start causing problems, it was just simpler to put a tape or cd in a player and listen. Now, shits always dropping or something. I hate fiddling around with things when I'm driving too, or working out, or whatever, tech is a hassle.

Honestly, a lot of musicians will swear to you that tape was better than digital and I kinda have to agree insofar as my own music, the digital might be clearer but it's not as full and not as warm or real sounding as even my most basic four track recordings. Many, many old school musicians will insist that tape is superior and even vinyl is better than cd.

Young people can't fucking TALK to humans anymore.

Bunch of goddamn retards with ADHD and no social skills because they have had a screen in their face their whole life.
very, very true, not only that, I took a college course and was just hit with the realization that most of these kids have no concept of what being reliable and doing what's expected is. I mean, it's to the point where I know that the teachers have to just pass them or not even have a class because most of the students in the classes I've taken are completely negligent. Now, it's just a community college but that's not excuse, I honestly don't know how these kids are going to get through life, and that's not even to get into the widespread use of pronouns to refer to themselves as he/she,they/i, it, whatthe fucker ever.., it's approaching normalcy to have lots of these kids dressing and acting like the opposite gender, I ignore it because i'm not there for that and I don't want to get kicked out for saying the wrong thing but it's fucked up.

The message meaning? maybe. Definitely not the availability of it though.

hmmm, yeah slightly. The tipping expectations have gotten crazy though.

whaaaaatt?? man Tinder worked wonders for me during 2019 - 2021 before I met my gf (also via Tinder). From what I hear lately is that scammers and spammers have flooded Tinder since 2022 though.

If it wasn't for online shopping I would not have been able to find my modded PS3, a certain part for my car, a replacement remote for my Sony TV, limited edition clothing that can't be bought in stores, etc etc. This list goes on forever for me.

Using Tinder as an example just proves my point.
Availability to communication doesn't make it better.

I've explained myself about online shopping, your experience is exactly that sir.

No hate, just my opinion.

very, very true, not only that, I took a college course and was just hit with the realization that most of these kids have no concept of what being reliable and doing what's expected is. I mean, it's to the point where I know that the teachers have to just pass them or not even have a class because most of the students in the classes I've taken are completely negligent. Now, it's just a community college but that's not excuse, I honestly don't know how these kids are going to get through life, and that's not even to get into the widespread use of pronouns to refer to themselves as he/she,they/i, it, whatthe fucker ever.., it's approaching normalcy to have lots of these kids dressing and acting like the opposite gender, I ignore it because i'm not there for that and I don't want to get kicked out for saying the wrong thing but it's fucked up.
I have watched the brainwashing roll out on all that shit and then slowly seen the retards buy into it.
It is depressing.

I am watching several people I grew up with completely screw up their kids for political points. It is gross.

Last edited:
Game consoles.

Used to be able to get a new console, connect it up, chuck in your game & boom.....you're playing.

Now you plug it in, sign into bullshit, put in a game & download crap for hours....then you can start playing.

<WhitmanDefeat>
Dude I bought an Astro a40 for my ps5. Used to plug in and go now you have to have an adapter, 2hdmi cables, a topical cable and a usb. Still doesn’t work.

It still exists?

You can still buy most new appliances without wifi and screens etc. too.
It does, but it is increasingly difficult to get hold of in my part of the world. Used to be trades were paid in cash, for, 'reasons'..

Visual effects in movies, especially CGI.

They peaked around the late 2000s with movies like District 9, Davy Jones in Pirates of the Carribbean series, Iron Man 1, and Avatar.

These days, while you have the occasional movie with good visuals like Avatar 2 and Dune Pt 2, on average they look worse than they did 15 years ago. See the new Godzilla vs Kong trailer, for example. Even Avengers Infinity War and Endgame despite their monstrous budgets had some spotty cgi.

Hell look at the cgi in the 2007 Transformers and compare it to the most recent Transformers movie:

edit: also just saw this

Last edited:

They peaked around the late 2000s with movies like District 9, Davy Jones in Pirates of the Carribbean series, Iron Man 1, and Avatar.

These days, while you have the occasional movie with good visuals like Avatar 2 and Dune Pt 2, on average they look worse than they did 15 years ago. See the new Godzilla vs Kong trailer, for example. Even Avengers Infinity War and Endgame despite their monstrous budgets had some spotty cgi.

Hell look at the cgi in the 2007 Transformers and compare it to the most recent Transformers movie:

Yeah well the super hero stuff traded expensive actors for high quality effects or scripts. Gotta pick and choose how you want to get butts in seats

edit: also just saw this

The new Kong/Godzilla movie looks worse than some video games. I actually thought it was a video game when I stumbled onto the trailer.

Nobody designs things to break intentionally, that's a nutty conspiracy theory
If it is a CT, it's a well-documented one. It is a concept that was included in my Bachelor of Science in Business Degree, and my MBA courses. It is the subject of several lawsuits. So here is a paper about the lawsuits from a university website. https://undergradlawreview.blog.for...solescence-apples-threats-to-consumer-rights/
I know my wife's iPhone went through all that, to the point were they just no longer supported it or even allowed it to function eventually.
Here is an article in Popular Mechanics with examples of the practice from 14 years ago. (the images didn't load for me)
some of their examples include:
Lightbulbs
Software (come on, I know you've experienced this one)
electronics
Pantyhose
Automobiles

I have watched the brainwashing roll out on all that shit and then slowly seen the retards buy into it.
It is depressing.

I am watching several people I grew up with completely screw up their kids for political points. It is gross.
well, the way I see it and the way I explained it to my brother is that we were pretty dumb and easily suggestible ourselves at that age so I don't wholly blame the kids. When I was young, I got involved in the "Inner Child" bullshit which was about people with abusive childhoods, it's only with hindsight that I see the whole entity and it's promoters as completely self serving. I mean, the need was real, we had crazy parents but I've learned over the years that no counselor is going to do anything but make money off that shit in some way or the other and leave one with the same trauma. Just live with shit. Anyway, kids are kids, they are seeking answers and being offered some really fucked up ones that shouldn't be planted in anyone's heads. If someone has tranny tendencies, fine, but what is that doing being pushed and promoted? I'll give you my theory, they are trying to take away even more masculinity and make males even more passive, that is the main thrust of it. Passivity makes managing large number easier. Same thing with all the talk of "bullying" in the last few years, you tell people not to stand up for themselves and to seek an authority figure if someone hurts your feelings, then that gives the leviathan that much more control.

well, the way I see it and the way I explained it to my brother is that we were pretty dumb and easily suggestible ourselves at that age so I don't wholly blame the kids. When I was young, I got involved in the "Inner Child" bullshit which was about people with abusive childhoods, it's only with hindsight that I see the whole entity and it's promoters as completely self serving. I mean, the need was real, we had crazy parents but I've learned over the years that no counselor is going to do anything but make money off that shit in some way or the other and leave one with the same trauma. Just live with shit. Anyway, kids are kids, they are seeking answers and being offered some really fucked up ones that shouldn't be planted in anyone's heads. If someone has tranny tendencies, fine, but what is that doing being pushed and promoted? I'll give you my theory, they are trying to take away even more masculinity and make males even more passive, that is the main thrust of it. Passivity makes managing large number easier. Same thing with all the talk of "bullying" in the last few years, you tell people not to stand up for themselves and to seek an authority figure if someone hurts your feelings, then that gives the leviathan that much more control.
I think we are fairly on the same page here. The primary factor is the difference between guidance and brainwashing, which is mainly a matter of intent and agenda.

Social media bring out the worst in people.

Bullying, while I get the premise of protecting people from abuse, is just part of life and when society FORCES interference with those processes, I personally think that often they just manifest in something equally as bad or worse. I would prefer face to face bullying like my generation had rather than online psychological torture, which seems to be the end result (might have happened anyway) of attempting to forcefully remove any and all bullying from schools.

There is definitely a clear agenda to make society, particularly males into whiney weak dependent little tattle tales.

At the risk of opening this to politics, it seems clear to me the end goal of all this shit is to create a docile easily controlled society that will bend over for the authoritarian nightmare that is being planned. They want people fat, weak, lazy, obedient, stuffed full of poison and dependent on the government.

I think we are fairly on the same page here. The primary factor is the difference between guidance and brainwashing, which is mainly a matter of intent and agenda.

Social media bring out the worst in people.

Bullying, while I get the premise of protecting people from abuse, is just part of life and when society FORCES interference with those processes, I personally think that often they just manifest in something equally as bad or worse. I would prefer face to face bullying like my generation had rather than online psychological torture, which seems to be the end result (might have happened anyway) of attempting to forcefully remove any and all bullying from schools.

There is definitely a clear agenda to make society, particularly males into whiney weak dependent little tattle tales.

At the risk of opening this to politics, it seems clear to me the end goal of all this shit is to create a docile easily controlled society that will bend over for the authoritarian nightmare that is being planned. They want people fat, weak, lazy, obedient, stuffed full of poison and dependent on the government.
Indeed they do.

Of course bullying is bad but it's also a huge part of real life, the real bullies are the ones who do it with such deftness and skill that the abused doesn't really realize how they are being bullied. By socializing people to be such patsies and taught that they are weak and defenseless really serves no one. Two things, kids need to grow thicker skins because nothing online should remotely effect anyone so much that they kill themselves and two, they need to learn to speak up and stand up for themselves, those would be the right things to teach. Like I tell my folks, "i can't always be around' they know I'd raise hell if some of the things said to them were said in my presence but I can't be around all the time.

Change for the sake of change. Most of us have probably experienced this in recent years with some browser, application, etc. Some of them operate very well, yet they still feel the need to constantly change things that more often than not make them shittier to use.
Yep. Change for the sake of Change is a very real thing. R&D is increasingly spent on product changes and not on quality control. So more often than not they will change stuff for no reason while it gets worse.

Back