Things i've learned recently about MILK! (cow and soy milk)

supersudo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
cow milk has casein, a protien that is VERY mucus forming (which is why the doctor tells u not to drink it when u're sick)
the mucus will clog up ur system if u drink it in excess=bad!
(fun fact: ever wonder why elmer's glue has a picture of a cow?.. it's bcuz they use casein as a base for their glues :eek: )

soymilk is largely unusable by the body as well as isolated soy protein.. most soy products are improperly manufactured leaving phyto-estrogens (mimics estrogen--causing early puberty in young girls and "bitch tits" and a smaller "wang" in guys and other problems later in life related with too much estrogen) and phytic acid in it (this acid binds to minerals and will cause chronic mineral deficiencies).. genetically modified soy products have even more of these by-products in them so u should avoid modified soy at all costs.... soy products that have been sprouted or slow-fermented don't have these in them so they should ideally be the only soy products u consume..

i guess the healthiest milk products are milk derived from nuts or rice milk.. the cow and soy variety don't look too appealing to me :icon_conf

Rice milk has very little protien.

What SoCal Guru have you been hanging with? Back to your bubble, bubble boy, there are millions of germs roaming free in the air, don't want to breath them in, you might get sick.

PariahCarey said:
Rice milk has very little protien.

What SoCal Guru have you been hanging with? Back to your bubble, bubble boy, there are millions of germs roaming free in the air, don't want to breath them in, you might get sick.

really?! my gawd!! maybe i should'nt even leave my bed in the morning!.. hell, i'm never leaving my bubble!! i mean, it's always safe in my bubble!!.. keep those germs out!.. YEAHH!! :rolleyes:

as a motto of mine.. "everything in moderation" :wink:

supersudo said:
really?! my gawd!! maybe i should'nt even leave my bed in the morning!.. hell, i'm never leaving my bubble!! i mean, it's always safe in my bubble!!.. keep those germs out!.. YEAHH!! :rolleyes:

as a motto of mine.. "everything in moderation" :wink:
I agree supersudo. Might want to throw that line in about moderation somewhere with the "Sky is Falling" nutrional information.

PariahCarey said:
I agree supersudo. Might want to throw that line in about moderation somewhere with the "Sky is Falling" nutrional information.

exactly.. things get a little ugly when u go too much in one way or the other... "moderation is balance"..

u don't have to believe what i say.. i just relay what i learn... go do some research and find out for urself---unless u don't care about this.. :wink:

soy milk = small wang?!?

I'd rather have loose shits and too much mucus, thanks...

...now on the Cow Milk Bandwagon!!!

speaking from experience i never seen better gains and reduce recover time then from drinking cows milk. i have drank 4L per day and more some times and never experienced being cloged with mucus.

yomon said:
speaking from experience i never seen better gains and reduce recover time then from drinking cows milk. i have drank 4L per day and more some times and never experienced being cloged with mucus.

i guess everyone is different.. u must have a powerful liver..

speaking from my experience.. have u ever drank cow milk b4 bed, only to wake up covered in sweat and feeling like shit?.. i noticed a pattern of that and it all made sense after i learned about the milk-mucus thing..

and mucus clogging isn't like clogging ur throat or something (although it will if u have a cold=phlegm).... the casein protein isn't usable by the body, and therefore clogs ur blood and lymph fluid making u prone to allergies or illness.. (unless u have a powerful liver to clean it all out)... plus if the cow was injected with anti-biotics or growth hormones it'll be in the milk as well.. even the cow's natural hormones will be in it.. it IS supposed to turn a 90lbs calf into a full grown 1000lbs adult in 2 years isn't it? compare that with a 8lbs human baby growing to like 185 in 15-20 yrs..

"kids nowadays tend to go overboard when they discover bodybuilding and eat diets consisting of 50-70% protein--something I believe to be totally unnecessary... In my formula for basic good eating, eat about one gram of protein for every two pounds of body weight"
--Arnold Schwarzenegger

BackBrainKick said:
soy milk = small wang?!?

I'd rather have loose shits and too much mucus, thanks...

...now on the Cow Milk Bandwagon!!!

LOL.. did u forget about mineral deficiencies? haha.. well u probably won't notice a smaller wang until u drink it over a LONG period of time.. (maybe a couple of years) and drink it regularly.... like i said.. moderation.. :wink:

supersudo said:
i guess everyone is different.. u must have a powerful liver..

speaking from my experience.. have u ever drank cow milk b4 bed, only to wake up covered in sweat and feeling like shit?.. i noticed a pattern of that and it all made sense after i learned about the milk-mucus thing..

and mucus clogging isn't like clogging ur throat or something (although it will if u have a cold=phlegm).... the casein protein isn't usable by the body, and therefore clogs ur blood and lymph fluid making u prone to allergies or illness.. (unless u have a powerful liver to clean it all out)...

Wrong, Casien is an awesome protein especially for athletes.

J Nutr. 2005 May;135(5):1080-7. Related Articles, Links

Casein and soy protein meals differentially affect whole-body and splanchnic protein metabolism in healthy humans.

Luiking YC, Deutz NE, Jakel M, Soeters PB.

Maastricht University, Department of Surgery, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht (NUTRIM), 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands.

Dietary protein quality is considered to be dependent on the degree and velocity with which protein is digested, absorbed as amino acids, and retained in the gut as newly synthesized protein. Metabolic animal studies suggest that the quality of soy protein is inferior to that of casein protein, but confirmatory studies in humans are lacking. The study objective was to assess the quality of casein and soy protein by comparing their metabolic effects in healthy human subjects. Whole-body protein kinetics, splanchnic leucine extraction, and urea production rates were measured in the postabsorptive state and during 8-h enteral intakes of isonitrogenous [0.42 g protein/(kg body weight . 8 h)] protein-based test meals, which contained either casein (CAPM; n = 12) or soy protein (SOPM; n = 10) in 2 separate groups. Stable isotope techniques were used to study metabolic effects. With enteral food intake, protein metabolism changed from net protein breakdown to net protein synthesis. Net protein synthesis was greater in the CAPM group than in the SOPM group [52 +/- 14 and 17 +/- 14 nmol/(kg fat-free mass (FFM) . min), respectively; P < 0.02]. Urea synthesis rates decreased during consumption of both enteral meals, but the decrease tended to be greater in the subjects that consumed CAPM (P = 0.07). Absolute splanchnic extraction of leucine was higher in the subjects that consumed CAPM [306 +/- 31 nmol/(kg FFM . min)] vs. those that consumed SOPM [235 +/- 29 nmol/(kg FFM . min); P < 0.01]. In conclusion, a significantly larger portion of soy protein is degraded to urea, whereas casein protein likely contributes to splanchnic utilization (probably protein synthesis) to a greater extent. The biological value of soy protein must be considered inferior to that of casein protein in humans.

Supersudo, where in the hell are you reading this stuff? This sounds like the handiwork of PETA except that Soy is being trashed too.

Soy contains isoflavones which actually work ultimately to suppress your estrogen levels; do you know how much soy you'd have to intake in order to get bitch tits? I don't think anybody even knows the actual number; it's never happened. People getting bitch tits are getting them from roids.

Soy shouldn't be your primary source of protein, but it should be included in your diet (along with some other vegetable sources).

Madmick said:
Supersudo, where in the hell are you reading this stuff? This sounds like the handiwork of PETA except that Soy is being trashed too.

Soy contains isoflavones which actually work ultimately to suppress your estrogen levels; do you know how much soy you'd have to intake in order to get bitch tits? I don't think anybody even knows the actual number; it's never happened. People getting bitch tits are getting them from roids.

Soy shouldn't be your primary source of protein, but it should be included in your diet (along with some other vegetable sources).

hmm, u have good points.. and i'm willing to keep an open mind.. :wink: but are u completely saying these supposed facts are faulty? i'm not saying i totally 100% believe this, i'm just trying to be objective here and leave the possibility that it could... :D

Madmick said:

Finally a voice of reason on this thread!

If people want to drink milk, it should be raw. Homogenized and pasturized will kill anyone over time. Bad stuff. Nothing with it when its raw. Ever see people cooking Breast Milk?

that explains it no wonder i wasn't geting better

I used to drink 4l of milk a week went and got my colesteral checked at the age of like 17 and I had HIGH colesteral. Mind you I was not doing a heavy amount of exercise back then. I wouldnt go overboard on milk to get your protien or any vitamens for that matter.

supersudo said:
hmm, u have good points.. and i'm willing to keep an open mind.. :wink: but are u completely saying these supposed facts are faulty? i'm not saying i totally 100% believe this, i'm just trying to be objective here and leave the possibility that it could... :D

Yeah, I believe these aren't facts at all. I've never heard any of this before; frankly, the stuff about soy sounds like it was written by the Dairy Farmers of California, and the stuff written about casein sounds like it was written by PETA.

For one, I question some of the claims you were reproducing in your original post; for example, I believe raised testosterone in girls is more important to the onset of puberty in them (although estrogen elevates as well); once they reach age 14-16, though, their estrogen levels peak, and this is what is responsible for stopping their growth. Boys lack significant levels of estrogen at this time, but girls don't lack (relatively significant) levels of testosterone.

I'm not an endocrinologist, but I suspect that if you mildly raised the levels of estrogen in boys during puberty (such as eating soy would cause), you wouldn't suppress testosterone production, but more likely stimulate it- the testosterone would elevate in order to maintain an optimal ratio of the two hormones. It's just the notion of boys not developing their genitalia from anything other than actual hormone injections seems ludicrous; the body is particularly resilient at that stage of growth at maintaining an equilibrium (it will consume massive amounts of energy to achieve this...explaining the diets of teenage boys).

Madmick said:
Yeah, I believe these aren't facts at all. I've never heard any of this before; frankly, the stuff about soy sounds like it was written by the Dairy Farmers of California, and the stuff written about casein sounds like it was written by PETA.

For one, I question some of the claims you were reproducing in your original post; for example, I believe raised testosterone in girls is more important to the onset of puberty in them (although estrogen elevates as well); once they reach age 14-16, though, their estrogen levels peak, and this is what is responsible for stopping their growth. Boys lack significant levels of estrogen at this time, but girls don't lack (relatively significant) levels of testosterone.

I'm not an endocrinologist, but I suspect that if you mildly raised the levels of estrogen in boys during puberty (such as eating soy would cause), you wouldn't suppress testosterone production, but more likely stimulate it- the testosterone would elevate in order to maintain an optimal ratio of the two hormones. It's just the notion of boys not developing their genitalia from anything other than actual hormone injections seems ludicrous; the body is particularly resilient at that stage of growth at maintaining an equilibrium (it will consume massive amounts of energy to achieve this...explaining the diets of teenage boys).

actually here's where i learned this stuff from..

cow milk: 3 sources... a video shown at my college (which i've seen twice over like maybe 2 yrs), a few vegetarian friends, and some internet literature i've read recently..

soy milk: 2 sources.. i first heard about the phyto-estrogen thing from my professor i had in my "human sexuality" class at my college about 3 semesters ago.. (we also watched a video about birth abnormalities and that increased estrogen levels during pregnancy when the mother is with a boy can mess with the boy's development in the womb and vice versa for girls and testosterone) the rest i learned from internet literature i've read recently as well..

TriStarGym-MTL said:
& goat milk?

goat milk is considerably more healthier than cow milk.. but yeh.. listen to duncan76 homogenized or pasturized milk is bad for u in the long run.. i remember reading somewhere that someone fed calves homogenized or pasturized milk and they ended up dying.. :eek:

Back