They are all on steroids.Big muscles with low fat=steroids

Not only are you wrong, but it is completely unnecessary to gain large amounts of fat in order to build muscle. Anyone with a decent understanding of exercise physiology and nutrition knows this. It is very possible to have a low percentage of body fat and gain muscle mass while adding very little or no fat. The idea of gaining a large amount of fat to "bulk up" and then exercise to "turn that fat into muscle" is a complete myth. There is literally no science behind that myth. Fat cannot be turned into muscle. Muscle does not turn into fat. The two are mutually exclusive substances.

5 pounds of added muscle mass is a good, realistic gain for most men in a single year. There are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat but only 1600 calories in a pound of muscle. This is partially because protein only has 4 calories per gram while fat has 9 calories per gram and also because a significant percentage of a pound of muscle is made up of water.

1,600 X 5 = 8,000 extra calories one would have to consume within a YEAR. to put on those added 5 pounds of muscle mass.

8,000 per year = approximately 150 extra calories per WEEK!

Yep he is an idiot. Either trollin o knows nothing about fitness.

My cool story bro. I put on 14 lbs in 5 months my 4th year in the Marines. I did that while going from 8% bodyfat to 7%. Did it clean while in a heavy combat zone in Iraq. Not much to do in our spare time but life in our super low quality gym. And I wasn't really little to begin with.

Did you just say Westbrook was 6'1?

Russell-Westbrook-will-face-one-game-suspension.jpg

trust6.gif

Not only are you wrong, but it is completely unnecessary to gain large amounts of fat in order to build muscle. Anyone with a decent understanding of exercise physiology and nutrition knows this. It is very possible to have a low percentage of body fat and gain muscle mass while adding very little or no fat. The idea of gaining a large amount of fat to "bulk up" and then exercise to "turn that fat into muscle" is a complete myth. There is literally no science behind that myth. Fat cannot be turned into muscle. Muscle does not turn into fat. The two are mutually exclusive substances.

5 pounds of added muscle mass is a good, realistic gain for most men in a single year. There are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat but only 1600 calories in a pound of muscle. This is partially because protein only has 4 calories per gram while fat has 9 calories per gram and also because a significant percentage of a pound of muscle is made up of water.

1,600 X 5 = 8,000 extra calories one would have to consume within a YEAR. to put on those added 5 pounds of muscle mass.

8,000 per year = approximately 150 extra calories per WEEK!
Well thatd be cool if it was true

My cool story bro. I put on 14 lbs in 5 months my 4th year in the Marines. I did that while going from 8% bodyfat to 7%. Did it clean while in a heavy combat zone in Iraq. Not much to do in our spare time but life in our super low quality gym. And I wasn't really little to begin with.
You kept track of your BF % in a super low quality heavy combat zone gym in Iraq?

TS, you are 100% right. Nobody does it without some sort of PED. Not a joke. Remember folks a shit ton of PEDs are legal in a hella lot of sports. Only the UFC took it to this extreme of USADA.

The closest I got playing sports, with a nutrition coach, the whole nine yards was 10%. To get down to 8% I had to use PEDs, legal ones for the sport I played. TS is right to get that BIG and that low bodyfat and Maintain it takes extra sauce. Anyone who is claiming otherwise has never got there and maintained it.
That is a load of crap lol. Genetics do play a large factor. I ate shit for years and had low bodyfat. I only lost muscle because I stopped lifting on a regular basis. Had I continued I would maintained 200lbs at 6ft with about 7-8% bodyfat. And I mean I ate shitty food and didn't start putting on fat until I was 30 years old and got lazy, and I still am not really that bad. .

You kept track of your BF % in a super low quality heavy combat zone gym in Iraq?
Yep. We had measure tape and and when I got back I own one of those bioelectrical impedance monitors. And mine was lower upon return.

We actually had to move our entire gym to our OP from our original camp. It was pretty much all free weights. We had a few other things we slowly added. Mostly stuff we bought or ordered through mail that our family would send through care packages.

Man I played college football and ran my ass off lifted like crazy and as a skinny white boy never had six pack and to write home about

At the same time some of the laziest genetic freaks looks wise were some of the weakest sum bitches on the field

Everyone obsesses about this steroid shit too much. It's been going on forever, will constantly be evolving to stay one step ahead, there are tell tale signs but not all men are created equally in the genetic lottery, not all athletes in all sports are conditioned the same.

Get over it.

Sherdog needs to get back to being about the fights not the tests and steroid speculation

Cheers

I'll be surprised if anyone who agrees with the TS will even attempt to post any scientific data which backs up his belief.

TS, you are 100% right. Nobody does it without some sort of PED. Not a joke. Remember folks a shit ton of PEDs are legal in a hella lot of sports. Only the UFC took it to this extreme of USADA.

The closest I got playing sports, with a nutrition coach, the whole nine yards was 10%. To get down to 8% I had to use PEDs, legal ones for the sport I played. TS is right to get that BIG and that low bodyfat and Maintain it takes extra sauce. Anyone who is claiming otherwise has never got there and maintained it.

Actually the ones claiming otherwise might be the ones who DID get there and maintain it.

You are honestly stating as a fact that nobody can get lower than 10% body fat with muscles unless they are on PEDs?

You can get some decent size and be shredded with a perfect diet and several years of working out. These 300 pound shredded gorillas are roided to the gills. No amount of protein and creatine and gym time gonna get you that much lean mass.

Wow, your video of a meathead with a Powerpoint completely disproves basic physiology and metabolic function. Not.

Case in point: "who cares what some ripped 165 lb guy says works "

If you're a beginner it's possible sure

Btw...a meathead..lol. he's a doctor. He knows more than you.

So wrong. I started a powerlifting program at almost 40 years old and gained tons of muscle, lowered my fat and didn't change my diet at all. My weight also didn't change just my body composition but everyone I see says "wow, you lost a lot of weight..." I've never even taken a supplement let alone a steroid.
That is called beginner gains...Unless you're telling us you got to 220 7% bf it's not really evidence of anything

Well thatd be cool if it was true

This "science" is so imprecise it's laughable. A "hypercaloric diet" could be a diet which constitutes 10 more calories daily than one burns or 2,000 more calories per day than one burns. Which is better? He doesn't say! What percentages should protein, carbohydrates, and fat make up in the ideal diet? He doesn't even touch this subject!

Beware of these pseudo-scientists as they are ubiquitous in muscle building magazines, books, websites, etc. Before you believe what a certain person purports to be true regarding the subject of muscular growth, take a careful look at the scientific data upon which he bases his theories.

While looks don't 100% determine if you're on roids (Sylvia, Barnett, Royce) its true, if you look like a fitness model/ bodybuilder and can fight at the highest level in MMA then you're most likely on something. The genetic freak bs is less than 1%. More like .0001% and according to Sherdog, MMA has nothing but C-F level athletes so one can only assume most of these guys who look like fitness models are not only roiding but roiding to the fucking gills. Yes, they roided so much they grew gills. That's how they got that insane cardio. Yes, even Yoel/ Lombard cardio is too much for that body type.

Is everybody in Greece as dumb as you? That would certainly explain the economic crisis.

Skase re Malaka!

Some of us here are greek, too. And we are just as embarassed by that nitwit TS's ramblings.

So wrong. I started a powerlifting program at almost 40 years old and gained tons of muscle, lowered my fat and didn't change my diet at all. My weight also didn't change just my body composition but everyone I see says "wow, you lost a lot of weight..." I've never even taken a supplement let alone a steroid.

I bet I could kick your old ass.

This "science" is so imprecise it's laughable. A "hypercaloric diet" could be a diet which constitutes 10 more calories daily than one burns or 2,000 more calories per day than one burns. Which is better? He doesn't say! What percentages should protein, carbohydrates, and fat make up in the ideal diet? He doesn't even touch this subject!

Beware of these pseudo-scientists as they are ubiquitous in muscle building magazines, books, websites, etc. Before you believe what a certain person purports to be true regarding the subject of muscular growth, take a careful look at the scientific data upon which he bases his theories.
Yeah ill believe a published doctor over some dude on the Internet

Have you been able to disprove his claims? If so, how big and ripped did you obtain?

You know of a magical micronutrient profile that allows a 200 lb athlete to continue to make lean gains? I'm all ears for one

Further, the idea that someone could make lean gains while training MMA is even more laughable. It doesn't happen for anyone past the beginner stage, let alone a high level athlete in a largely cardio sport

Last edited:
Back