There's not need for extra respect for McGregor for fighting at 170

Toco

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
theyre both LW, and they probably weight around the same, the difference is, nate couldnt cut that much on short notice, so they kinda did a gentlemen's agreement to fight both without going through the weight cutting process = 170 pounds

IF mcgregor had fought a true 170, then that would be difference, but as it stands, its just a 155 bout without the weight cut

I thought the same thing, unless Nate got uncharacteristically bigger after his last win.

I thought the same thing, unless Nate got uncharacteristically bigger after his last win.
exactly, youre a reasonable mcgregor fan. its an interesting fight, but lets just not make it more than it is
and i will have ALL the praises for mcgregor when he steps up to face lawler, but now its just not the case (i think it may happen right after the nate murder)
I see you changed the Gus av, good for you. After being cucked by so many black men, I guess even you had to give up on your boy
hahaha, i will go back to it after some time

exactly, youre a reasonable mcgregor fan. its an interesting fight, but lets just not make it more than it is
and i will have ALL the praises for mcgregor when he steps up to face lawler, but now its just not the case (i think it may happen right after the nate murder)

hahaha, i will go back to it after some time
I hope you mean the Gus av part :0

It's still a move most champions would avoid like the plague. Look at Werdum.

Dumb post. Conor is 5'8 and has never failed to make featherweight. Diaz is 6' , could never make FW, and is guilty of the crime Conor's so often falsely accused of, i.e picking on little guys at LW. He is not just 6' but long and rangey - Will be absolutely humiliating for him to have a FW ko him at his natural weight of 170

?

yeah he didnt fight miocic, but cmon, miocic is much harder fight. its the same way like he didnt fight khabib. you may not say he ducked, that the ufc ducked for him, but is a pretty similar situation

i agree mcgregor is way different than most guys, he rarely (never?) backs out from fights and all that

theyre both LW, and they probably weight around the same, the difference is, nate couldnt cut that much on short notice.
Conor hasn't missed weight in any of his last 7 fights, and all of them were at 145.
Diaz couldn't make 145 even if his life depended on it.

I'm not convinced they weigh the same.

Conor hasn't missed weight in any of his last 7 fights, and all of them were at 145.
Diaz couldn't make 145 even if his life depended on it.

I'm not convinced they weigh the same.

Dumb post. Conor is 5'8 and has never failed to make featherweight. Diaz is 6' , could never make FW, and is guilty of the crime Conor's so often falsely accused of, i.e picking on little guys at LW. He is not just 6' but long and rangey - Will be absolutely humiliating for him to have a FW ko him at his natural weight of 170
fw, you know he starved himself to make FW, just see his weigh ins, but at the end of the day he did make the weight, so props to him, but the difference in weight isnt anything big, theyre both 155 at the end of the day

point is, difference isnt anything substantial, since they were gonna fight at 155, but since it was such short notice, nate couldnt cut (and maybe hes just fat since he had no way that this fight was gonna fall in his lap)

McGregor was going to make 155 next week. Lowest Nate said he could make is 165. Do the math.

According to Ariel, diaz camp didnt want to fight at 155 they wanted 165, so conor said go ahead eat some sandwiches lets fght at 170(im paraphrasing). So yes there is respect there, fighters usually try and find an edge on the opponent, conor doesnt care whatsoever.

I see you changed the Gus av, good for you. After being cucked by so many black men, I guess even you had to give up on your boy

Your misses is being cracked by so many black men too.

Conor respects his irish ,and other, fans enough to stay on a card which probably quite a few will be flying to vegas for.

Its a very winnable fight for Conor ... I think he wins easily ... He figures takes the easy fight and easy money ... The way he spends, i am sure he needs to pad that account

McGregor was going to make 155 next week. Lowest Nate said he could make is 165. Do the math.
he was not on camp? in between fights, probably fat

Its a very winnable fight for Conor ... I think he wins easily ... He figures takes the easy fight and easy money ... The way he spends, i am sure he needs to pad that account
i wouldnt be surprised with a lawler fight right after this since he already wil have a "170 fight"

There's also no reason for the disrespect when he wins.

?

yeah he didnt fight miocic, but cmon, miocic is much harder fight. its the same way like he didnt fight khabib. you may not say he ducked, that the ufc ducked for him, but is a pretty similar situation

i agree mcgregor is way different than most guys, he rarely (never?) backs out from fights and all that

Let's be fair about Khabib. He has a fight booked and started he would not be able to fight in March.

There's also no reason for the disrespect when he wins.
i wont, at all. i will like the fight, but i for sure wanted pettis WAY more

i will enjoy the fight, his interview and the press conference thoroughly

Back