There's never been a boxing champ in MMA?

:icon_lol: Jake Rossen would be leading the charge.

Rossen is a Greco-bot, he never gives any credit to the Macedonians, the Romans, the Egyptians, the Sumerians, he's totally a shill for Greece.

I just thought it was funny that KidMcCoy posted his little fantasy scorecard for Boxing vs MMA and didn't include these 5 bouts that this pro boxer lost.

Nothing fantasy about the list I put up. I deal only in facts.
There

MMA is for second rate fighters who get their brains bashed in for a greatly reduced rate of pay, who have to fight dirty to fight well at all.

How does that work when UFC fighters make more than 95% of pro boxers? You ever see the paydays for undercards on friday night fights? And you think UFC paydays are bad? wow, go do some research. If MMA was easy for a mid-level pro boxer who never had a shot at a big payday they would be lining up in droves to switch over, train some tdd, win the title and pull 50k-100k paydays in UFC as opposed to their 10-20k paydays they make at best as a mid level no name boxer that will never amount to squat in the boxing world. Guess what, it's not that easy though, which is why mid-level boxers stick to boxing making peanuts with their highest life hopes being to run a musty smelling local boxing gym when they retire. Hell UFC fighters make more off endorsements than a mid-level boxer makes with 5 fights in a year. What kind of endorsements are those guys on Friday night fights getting? oh that's right nothing except a free pair of fight shorts.

Oh and btw Kimbo thought MMA was too hard, so he's going the easy route with boxing

Blog Archive Kimbo Slice out of octagon into boxing ring

Last edited:
How does that work when UFC fighters make more than 95% of pro boxers?

Do you know any boxers? Name someone you consider a midlevel boxer and I'll bet they make more than most of the guys on any given UFC card.

Clay Guida made 23k to fight Diego Sanchez

You think most boxers on televised cards (main events) make that little?

And you're comparing guys in the UFC to guys who fight on the ESPN undercards? The UFC is the top of the ladder and a lot of those guys still make less than 10k a fight... Carwin got 60k I believe for the heavyweight championship fight.

Lulz

You have no facts to back up your claims

Do you know any boxers? Name someone you consider a midlevel boxer and I'll bet they make more than most of the guys on any given UFC card.

And you're comparing guys in the UFC to guys who fight on the ESPN undercards? The UFC is the top of the ladder and a lot of those guys still make less than 10k a fight... Carwin got 60k I believe for the heavyweight championship fight.

Lulz

40k actually.

Jim Corbett made 35k in 1892 against John L. Sullivan.

40k actually.

Jim Corbett made 35k in 1892 against John L. Sullivan.

Ah... my mistake

Daniel Ponce De Leon made 350k for fighting Eduardo Escobedo.

Isn't this all funny coming from a guy named "LetUrHandsGo"

It'll be funny to see Kimbo get wrecked in boxing

How does that work when UFC fighters make more than 95% of pro boxers? You ever see the paydays for undercards on friday night fights? And you think UFC paydays are bad? wow, go do some research. If MMA was easy for a mid-level pro boxer who never had a shot at a big payday they would be lining up in droves to switch over, train some tdd, win the title and pull 50k-100k paydays in UFC as opposed to their 10-20k paydays they make at best as a mid level no name boxer that will never amount to squat in the boxing world. Guess what, it's not that easy though, which is why mid-level boxers stick to boxing making peanuts with their highest life hopes being to run a musty smelling local boxing gym when they retire. Hell UFC fighters make more off endorsements than a mid-level boxer makes with 5 fights in a year. What kind of endorsements are those guys on Friday night fights getting? oh that's right nothing except a free pair of fight shorts.

Oh and btw Kimbo thought MMA was too hard, so he's going the easy route with boxing

Which will get him KO'd.

This post is funny. I love your conviction in being so wrong. You're like Cecil Peoples.

I'm dying just picturing what Sherdog would be like 2500 years ago.

"Achilles was so overrated, he was totally exposed by that arrow."

"There's no way Hercules should be top 10, he hasn't fought anyone with decent striking yet."

"Could Zeus beat a dinosaur?"

What would the ancient Greek terms for "nuthugger" and "fanboy" be?

"Herodotus is being paid by Zuffa!"

Lulz

How much did bj flores make and what's his rank?
And ufc may be top of the ladder but top guys in strikeforce, wec, kotc, etc still make more than some ufc up and comers so stop comparing just ufc. Point is mid level boxer ~rank 200 make lesss than top level mma fighters and choose to stay in boxing getting punch drunk making peanuts.

BJ Flores' next fight is against Yoan Hernandez in a title eliminator. The winner becomes the mandatory challenger to Steve Cunningham for his IBF belt. After they were unable to reach an agreement, the fight went to a purse bid which Sauerland won with a 60/40 split in favor of Hernandez. BJ is getting $32,500 and Yoan is getting $48,800.

The reason mid-level boxers stay in boxing is because they aspire to reach the elite level of boxing which will instantly make you a multi-millionaire.

In MMA, it makes you a thousanairre.

When your time is up in boxing and you can no longer earn money, you go into MMA to take part in these silly MMA vs Boxing fights in which are almost always incredibly lopsided matchups on paper with the sole purpose of making boxing look bad. If MMA had an intelligent fanbase they would simply brush it off and realize that these boxers are absolutely shot, old, irrelevant but to them its like christmas when an MMA guy wins.

When Mercer starched Sylvia, it must've been like a death in the family for them. I cant imagine how awful that would have been.

Toney should lose. And likely will lose. But it wont prove anything. Toney has no pressure. Couture has a TON OF PRESSURE.

BJ Flores' next fight is against Yoan Hernandez in a title eliminator. The winner becomes the mandatory challenger to Steve Cunningham for his IBF belt. After they were unable to reach an agreement, the fight went to a purse bid which Sauerland won with a 60/40 split in favor of Hernandez. BJ is getting $32,500 and Yoan is getting $48,800.

Exactly so u have a title contender fight making as much as urijah faber who makes ten times that on endorsements while bj flores is on zero commercials/ads.
So again mid level boxing guys make no more than mma guys with less oppurtunity for endorsements.

As to the above post those mid level boxers with a few losses will never see a big pay day ever, you know it, I know it, they know it. So your argument of having hopes of being a millionaire does not fly. They stay in boxing because they would make it out of the local shows unless they are marketable and get a free ride to a top org. Btw when is mercers next mma fight.

And ufc may be top of the ladder but top guys in strikeforce, wec, kotc, etc still make more than some ufc up and comers so stop comparing just ufc. Point is mid level boxer ~rank 200 make lesss than top level mma fighters and choose to stay in boxing getting punch drunk making peanuts.

I can agree with that.

Rolling around on the ground wrapping your legs around another man just isn't for everyone. ;)

And I think uppercuts is right on some accounts.

If you're talking about club fighters, they aren't going anywhere... but guys who have a chance to get a shot at a big payday are chasing that instead of going over to the UFC for less money, and where they'd be out of their element.

I don't think anyone is seriously saying ANY boxer could learn TDD and dominate any MMA fighter. Some boxers probably could, if matched right, get a few good wins, though... and depending on their level of dedication to training, end up doing well.

OLOL when it comes to finances you just cant compare. World wide there is more money in Boxing than MMA. Period.

There is more opportunity to get fights in boxing - World wide- for more money than in MMA. You can point at single undercards all you want. There are Boxing cards every weekend all over the world. I mean come on. Alot of these MAM fighters only have like 15 fights with 9-6 records lmao. and thats it plus what they have to pay their camp and shit. and their start training is more expensive. They need a BJJ coach, striking coach, kickin n screamin coach and a "manager" for some reason. Plus they dont fight guys from the same camp and there is very limited co-promotion.

Seriously,

"Erislandy lara only made 10K on FNF LMAO" - woudl be a quote from an MMA fan, but it was for 2 rounds of work and he'll be fighitng again in a few weeks.He pays a boxing trainer and he's being invested on. he's still making alot more money a year than 90% of top "elite" MMA fighters.

You can point at Boxing and MMA and notice a few things. There are thousands of registered Boxing pros in the world. There is investment in Boxing all over the world. You can point at a Jones vs Calzaghe undercard all you want.

Yes the fighters beyond Jones and Calzaghe didnt make much but their apperance on that card had more to do with opportunity and exposure than it had to do with making money that night. and even then this one event was comparable in salary to most UFC undercards (where the MMA elite fight) There are Boxing cards like this all over the world every weekend.

The money distribution in Boxing is much greater. There are far more Boxers to distribute the money to and the very top Boxing make a huge amount of the pie. It's a system of prize fighting and one that has always been around.

Boxing employs alot more people. Sure a mom and pop shop may make the owners a few hndre thousand and their able to pay their few employees a good 30 K a year. But Wal-Mart is world wide pays its employees about 20K a year, Then you have managers making like 30 K a year, then general managers like 50K a year, then you got the guys at the very top making millions a year.

The UFC has almost all the top fighters in the MMA world and hosts them all under 12 major PPV's a year. Thats small time compared to Boxing what is spread out world wide with interest and investment on the Boxers (not a promotion).

Please, Dont even compare finances.

Back